A game of chess

c2 to c4

LC, the next move is yours, but perhaps we should consult on strategy?
In games like this, a single player (e.g. brother) can easily beat two better players if they don't work together.

Or maybe someone else would care to make a Black move and throw another monkey wrench in the works? That'd be even more fun, actually.

h8 to h6

Im gonna let someone else make the next black move, im crap at chess and stand no chance on my own.

My website, which is hosting the board position diagram, appears to be down. So I can't update the game just yet.

In the meantime ... I'm sorry Lib, but that may be one of the worst chess moves I've ever seen. It counts and the game goes on, but it's a terrible move.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 2 2005, 03:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 2 2005, 03:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]In the meantime ... I'm sorry Lib, but that may be one of the worst chess moves I've ever seen. It counts and the game goes on, but it's a terrible move.
[snapback]103410[/snapback]​
[/quote]
OK, forget me. ciao

[!--QuoteBegin-Lib+May 2 2005, 11:04 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Lib @ May 2 2005, 11:04 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]OK, forget me. ciao
[snapback]103430[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm sorry about that Lib - my comment was uncalled for. If I have any excuse, it's that I'd been kept awake all the previous night by a terrible toothache and was in a nasty mood. So I apologize to you for my indecent actions.

c6 to d4

check [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

PS. black rook?

Brother: c6 to d4 is not check. The white king is not attacked.
Battlemaniacs: Sorry, your move doesn't count; brother moved first.

b5 captures d4.

c5 to d4

SMX: yes it was [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] you do no how knights/rooks/whatever moves dont you

h4 captures g2.

brother: your knight was attacking White's queen, bishop, and one white pawn. It was not attacking White's king. That is the definition of check - the king must be attacked. A knight on d4 does not attack e1.

I thought e2 was the king [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

f6 to g4

Back