A discussion about Maiden's name.

Onhell said:
Hmm, you did not understand my post at all, but that's ok, it's probably cultural...

Yes, it is a cultural problem...you're of the culture that write a lot and means nothing 'cos what you wrote in your post is totally obvious that worldwide Maiden get mentioned recalls Iron Maiden, Beckham instead of David 'cos people are called by their surnames in most football leagues. Where I live, people say Iron, Led, Judas and call sportists by their first name, mostly (also on the back of the team jersey). So it is, indeed, a costume of my culture and probably from a few others, too. Even weirder is the thread starter congrats you for your 'gone nowhere' post and for keeping his doubt on zero ground. Oh, dear... ::)

Onhell said:
Burro hablando de orejas...

Hey, you fucko, what did I do to make you treat me like if I was your 'enemy'? Is it cooler to make enimity instead of friendship these days?

Onhell - no insulting people in Spanish, please.

Jeff - same to you.

Both please take a moment to relax.

It wasn't an insult. "Burro hablando de orejas" translates to "The Pot calling the kettle black." it is very culturally specific, unlike f**o which is universal. I don't need to relax trust me. I'm just enjoying being a classic smart ass :D

Entschuldigen Sie bitte.

The expression "The pot calling the kettle black" exists in many languages, but I think the meaning of it is quite universal. I mean, hypocrisy is quite universal, isn't it? That makes it quite obvious that an expression which addresses it must also exist in the entire world ...

In Norwegian, we have the following expression for cases when one throws rocks in a glass house (besides the literal translation of just that - "å kaste stein i glasshus".

"Det var rette ræva som feis" - English: That fart came from the right asshole!

A slightly less offensive one for those who take offense of the word "ass":

"Det smalt fra rett kjeft" - English "That came out of the right mouth".

Eddies Wingman said:
The expression "The pot calling the kettle black" exists in many languages, but I think the meaning of it is quite universal. I mean, hypocrisy is quite universal, isn't it? That makes it quite obvious that an expression which addresses it must also exist in the entire world ...

Same as in German. "Wer im Glashaus sitzt soll nicht mit Steinen werfen."

Forostar said:

? Is Mega the only one that caught on that I'm giving Jeffmetal a hard time over the whole cultural vs. universal thing? ;)

This was not so clever harmless bantar taken too seriously by one member... no big deal. Though funny how it has remained on the same vein as the original argument hahaha.

Jeffmetal... Let it go man. You are on the right track that I can be a "classic asshole," but this was not the case, you do not want to see me being one, nor do I go that far anymore, it is not very nice. Just get a sense of humor, enjoy the humor and move on.

You're not giving me any hard time about the 'cultural/universal thing' discussion. I was debating the issue and showing what I gather about the subject and I just went on in the rhythm you and others took the discussion. I'm just myself and I respond to situations the way it must be done. Being a classic asshole is probably easier for most of us, but being mature and move on is really hard, but let's try and do it. If you were just playing with good fun, sorry, but it's arguably hard to notice this via an internet forum.

But ok! So we just let it go and that'll be fine. Cheers.

Well i think the best way to say is 'Maiden'...i think it is the best....and in the concerts fans say "ole,ole,ole,ole Maiden Maiden' so MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN MAIDEN :yey:

Back