A 90's Flashback Tour Setlist?

CrimsonE

Prowler
This is probably unlikely to happen, but considering the band has done tours focusing on their early years, their golden years, and their reunion material, I was thinking what would a setlist look like that focused on their 90's material.  Here's one that I would think would work:

Be Quick or Be Dead
Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Man on the Edge
The Clansman
Tailgunner
Futureal
Sign of the Cross
Wasting Love
Lord of the Flies
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Holy Smoke
Edge of Darkness
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be They Name
The Trooper
Number of the Beast

mckindog said:
You know, that's not an unrealistic set at all.
I'd like to see No Prayer and Judas Be My Guide over a lot of those songs, but that's not likely.

I went with songs they've done live before, and in the case of the Blaze material, songs that Bruce has done live (with the exception of Edge of Darkness, which I think he could do an awesome job. 

CrimsonE said:
This is probably unlikely to happen, but considering the band has done tours focusing on their early years, their golden years, and their reunion material, I was thinking what would a setlist look like that focused on their 90's material.  Here's one that I would think would work:

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter
Man On The Edge
The Clansman

Tailgunner
Futureal
Sign Of The Cross

Wasting Love
Lord Of The Flies
Holy Smoke
Edge Of Darkness
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be They Name
The Trooper
Number Of The Beast

that sounds great to me, great setlist, but I rather have No Prayer For The Dying song instead of The Number Of The Beast. I really hope there will be another retro tour with "silver era" songs  these songs will be graet with three guitars atack, those we already have heard with three guitars  :shred:  I like this new version of old songs they sounds far better live now
here are best songs from „silver era“ albums IMO, if there will be another retro tour from hits of ´90, I think that these songs should work great live

No Prayer For The Dying
Tail Gunner – I will pray to hear it live again
No Prayer For The Dying – I will pray to hear it live again
Hooks In You – I will pray to hear it live again
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter  - this song band have played live after reunion so I havent see any problem to play it again

Fear Of The Dark

Be Quick Or Be Dead – I will pray to hear it live again
From Here To Eternity – I will pray to hear it live again
Afraid To Shoot Strangers – I will pray to hear it live again
Fear Of The Dark - this song band have played live after reunion so I havent see any problem to play it again

The X Factor
Sign Of The Cross – I will pray to hear it live again
Lord Of The Flies – I will pray to hear it live again
Man On The Edge – I will pray to hear it live again
The Aftermath – I will pray to hear it live again

Virtual XI
Futureal - this song band have played live after reunion so I havent see any problem to play it again
Lightning Strikes – I will pray to hear it live again
The Clansman- this song band have played live after reunion so I havent see any problem to play it again
Don´t Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger – I will pray to hear it live again

That would be a cool set list, but there's absolutely no way they'll ever tour for that era.

Yeah the blatant ignoring of 90's songs (besides FOTD) in any sets since 2003 makes its it extremely unlikely this will happen, but if they ever did that would be awesome, a lot of good songs in that era.

CrimsonE said:

Be Quick or Be Dead
Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
Tailgunner
Futureal
Wasting Love
Lord of the Flies
Holy Smoke
Edge of Darkness
Fear of the Dark

Personally i would be very happy if i never heard any of these songs live again.

That would be a very bad idea for a tour and i can't believe people like trash like "bring your daughter..." or "Hooks in you " and would want to watch them live.

So many embarrasing songs on FOTD and NPFTD...

Most of the nineties songs have a bad image, for a variety of reasons.
However, fact is that a lot of people have not experienced these songs live.

I remember that some people were not that much over the moon about Rime, but since 2008, this song has become a live favourite for most of us.

Rime is a different league, comparint to most nineties songs, but there are some really great rocking numbers in Maiden's nineties catalogue and some really nice epics as well.

My own favourite setlist always consists out of songs I haven't seen, or which I have seen a long time ago.

To be honest, I'd love to see anything from the nineties. Afraid to Shoot Strangers -probably my favourite song of the nineties, and certainly live!- would be grand. I'd love to see Sign of the Cross again, but you can wake me up for rockers like BQOBD or Tailgunner as well. Mother Russia, Fates Warning, Childhood's End, The Unbeliever and The Fugitive are less realistic options because Maiden has never done them. But I can still dream.  :innocent:

The question isn't if we think these songs are good or not, but if Steve thinks they're good enough to support a tour - and if he can convince the other guys to go along with it, if he decides they are.

Bruce, Jan, Nick, H, and Dave could all want to do this and Steve could say no. He is Steve.

That being said?

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Man on the Edge
The Clansman
No Prayer for the Dying
The Trooper (gonna be in there, deal with it)
Sign of the Cross
Lord of the Flies
Run Silent, Run Deep  <---would love to hear this live
The Edge of Darkness
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

---------------
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary

Guys, remember Maiden just did a tour focusing almost entirely on material from the last ten years, which sounded equally unlikely before we saw it. So I'm quite confident they'd do this one as well.

Perun said:
Guys, remember Maiden just did a tour focusing almost entirely on material from the last ten years, which sounded equally unlikely before we saw it. So I'm quite confident they'd do this one as well.
Completely different situation and Dickinson has already stated his dislike (to put it lightly) for  FOTD and NPFTD.

Also the post-reunion IM material happnes to range from quite good to great  , nothing like the atrocities of the 2 nineties album (with Dickinson).

Forostar said:
I remember that some people were not that much over the moon about Rime

Who????  And WTF was wrong with them?  I remember when Powerslave came out, I bought it the very first week of its release, and my buddies and I couldn't stop talking about Rime for about a month.  It ain't a matter of taste, that song was remarkable from the get-go.

I'd certainly be less excited about this hypothetical tour than I was about the last setlist (I was one of the happy few to see Paschendale live instead of Dance of Death), simply because the songs aren't as good, but it would be interesting and worth seeing nevertheless.   

Like I said, It is probably unlikely, but then again Maiden has had a habit of doing unlikely stuff in recent tours.

A band that's been around since the late 70's releases an album in 2006 that gets solid reviews, but nothing blowaway.  They get the first chance to do a true headlining tour of the US in 3 years, having done a very limited few shows for their last album, and an opening slot on Ozzfest with a classic setlist.  Instead of playing the classics like US maiden fans, want, they play their album in its entirety.  And again in 2010, they do primarily the post-reunion material with a few hits sprinkled in.

But still, if Maiden really liked their 90's stuff, they'd find a way to bring more of it into the set, although they haven't really had the proper tour to do it in since the Dance of the Death tour (Lord of the Flies).  So who can say?  

johnglen said:
Is there really a need to explain why playing mostly newer stuff is vastly different from doing a tour playing material from their nineties' albums ??

Yes. If you are going to make such a claim, you will have to be able to explain it. Otherwise, it can't be taken seriously.

Forostar said:
I remember that some people were not that much over the moon about Rime

cornfedhick said:
Who????  And WTF was wrong with them?  I remember when Powerslave came out, I bought it the very first week of its release, and my buddies and I couldn't stop talking about Rime for about a month.  It ain't a matter of taste, that song was remarkable from the get-go. 

I know someone who after seeing the SBIT tour told me he'd only listened to ROTAM a couple of times, but after seeing it live he now loved it. He was a complete muppet though, probably with the attention span of a goldfish. But there you go, such people do exist.

Back