A 17 minute Maiden tribute song

he must have also been posting on maiden united, they mustve corrupted him  :mad:

edit: yeah it was 'lame' him targeting Janick even if he did balance it out after he was done both times but even with it its a very good song. and in the midst of it that raping adrians solos pic was pretty hilarious  :innocent:
Saying his playings a bit hit and miss (more than a bit), fair enough. Saying his antics are lame i cannot accept, its not lame its entertaining  :lol: and hes still there because as the guy said 3 guitars are best duh.

Hey there everybody,

I can appreciate that everyone has strong feelings about the members of Iron Maiden, and in particular about Janick Gers.  For what it's worth, I sincerely believe Maiden is best with all 3 guitar players.  Janick is an integral part of the band and the post-reunion records reflect that.  One of my top 5 fave Maiden songs of all time is "The Legacy" which he had a hand in writing. For that song alone I praise Janick Gers.  While I prefer Adrian's melodic soloing to Janick's frenetic style, it sure is awesome to have all 3 guitar players in the band so that there is that variety of guitar approaches. 

This song was all about fun and celebrating Iron Maiden, but also it give me a chance to poke a little fun at certain things.  It also gave me a chance as an unknown artist to connect with a lot of heavy metal listeners in a quick way, without the benefit of touring or having major label support.  For those of you that found the tone too harsh, you might prefer just listening to the instrumental version of "Up the Irons".  I included it on the release because I knew some people would be into the music but not the silly lyrics. 

Whilst I agree that some of the Janick stuff may have been in bad taste I think it is obvious that you are a true fan and love the band in all their incarnations.

I take my hat off to you for a great achievement and some cracking melodies.  :shred:

Oh and cute kid by the way :)

Back