A 17 minute Maiden tribute song

Personally? I thought the "That other guy" bit wasn't funny.

It was good, but not as funny as the first. Yet I recognize that was part of the point.

I  assume this was the long middle section part?

This is so well executed. Musically this is simply very good work, and the references to the band cleverly done. I must say, though, that the "that other guy" thing would probably fit better ten years ago ...  :D but I suppose it's all done in good nature, as there is an acknowledgement that "three guitars is the best" right afterwards.

First part was obviously funnier, but this has some awesome melodies. I surely can imagine some of them on next album :) good work.

I had to laugh at the "that other guy part". :D

But seriously, did you play all this yourself:blink:

Hehe, don't worry everyone, part #3 is exactly similar in style and tone to Part #1.    :ok:

And yes I played all the parts by myself.  :shred:

Theandric, you have come up with some super amazing guitar work there! It's like getting new Maiden without getting new Maiden! Besides your Maiden tribute song, do you have anything else you've written?

Hey Travis! Thanks for the compliments!  On the "Up the Irons" EP there is another original song titled "Adoro Te Devote" that gives an idea of the non-Maiden music I have written.  It's a heavier sound but still melodic.  There's also another song floating around youtube "Veni Creator Spiritus", although it's an older demo which could use some improvements in performance and production, but it's still a cool tune.

Very nice melodic playing Theandric, contains all Maiden elements....  :ok:

Looking forward for part 3...

You could really be in a band or something.  :ok:

I wouldn't have thought of a song like that for my whole life.  :lol:

The first one was more funny, but the music on this radiates pure beauty.

Seriously, some guitar melodies are better than some recent Maiden ones.

The one starting at 2.35 gives me the shivers, especially the last note of each line.

The "the other guy" thing is funny but it also doesn't feel that good.

That was a great song right up until the moment where he acted like a Kn*b towards Janick. I'm afraid that ruined it for me...

Dr Sin said:
That was a great song right up until the moment where he acted like a Kn*b towards Janick. I'm afraid that ruined it for me...
Same. Disrespectful.

Back