5 favorite Judas Priest albums, 3 favorites from each

They still sound like demos to me. I understand the background (i.e. it being two separate albums blended together), but that's why it doesn't work IMO. It sounds like songs cut from Turbo (which it is) and songs made to recapture the pre-Turbo sound, and thus, does not gel as a complete album.

mmmm I do concur picking the best songs out of the 2 records would have been by far the better solution, namely:
  1. Ram It Down
  2. Heavy Metal
  3. Turbo Lover
  4. Out In The Cold
  5. All Fired Up
  6. I'm A Rocker
  7. Hard As Iron
  8. Blood Red Skies
P.S. It would be a solid 7.5 out of 10 album. Everything not included is subpar at best IMO and hurts both records. Especially Turbo (appart from these 2 tracks) and all that Radio AOR garbage.

They still sound like demos to me. I understand the background (i.e. it being two separate albums blended together), but that's why it doesn't work IMO. It sounds like songs cut from Turbo (which it is) and songs made to recapture the pre-Turbo sound, and thus, does not gel as a complete album.

Well... there are similarities between tracks such as Turbo Lover and I'm A Rocker (despite the synths in TL both are tight paced songs with anthemic chorus) , Out In The Cold and Blood Red Skies (both sound like something Queensryche would do in Rage For Order) or even Ram it Down and All Fired Up (2 speedsters).
It would 've had 1000 times more the coherency of (p.e.) Fear Of The Dark. FOTD mixes the most furious track Maiden has ever made (BQOBD), a waltzy and dire ambiental proto-epic that blasts into a uptempo tune (ATSS), typical Maiden blueprint (Fear Of The Dark , Childhood's End and The Fugitive), classic hard n' heavy (JBMG, Apparition), FM Hard Rock (FHTE, COM, Wasting Love), a light rocker (Weekend Warrior) and a retarded atempt to make a 90's "Kashmir" :p .

Found this forum with some cool info some time ago:

It seems their plan was the double album Twin Turbos to contain 18 songs! Cool. I never knew that.

They have written 22 songs overall (if I'm not mistaken) for this project.

Pretty ambitious, especially for the 80's. I do not recall a album with more than 15 songs from this era.

Back