40 years of Maiden!

So I realised a few years back that Maiden played their first ever gig on the same day i was born - Saturday 1st May 1976. Meaning that the 1st May 2016 is not only my 40th birthday but also the 40th anniversary of the bands live debut.

Then when it was announced that theyd be touring in 2016 I kind of thought I might travel to wherever they were playing that day so we could celebrate our anniversary together - and guess where they're gonna be on this historic date? Bloody New Zealand! Cheers lads, you couldnt have picked anywhere on the planet any further from England could you!!!??

Ah well, nice idea while it lasted - Dont suppose Bruce fancies giving me a lift on Ed Force One? ;-)

I definitely think they should throw a celebration for all people who have their 40th birthday in the next few months. :innocent:

Aye but somewhere a bit closer to home! Fair enough its on a bank holiday weekend but I dont fancy my chances of making it into work on the Tuesday morning if Im commuting from the southern hemisphere!!!

I was hoping for 40th anniversary concert on christmas day this year at the O2, but it won't happen because of Bruce...

Bruce or not, I still can't imagine a Maiden concert on Christmas Day :lol:

I was thinking you were in NZ for some reason, Harold. How about we ask them to do it in the North East? It's relevant to at least two of us, then.

Ha that wouldve been cool! Make a change from christmas in front of the tv with the family - couldve spent
Bruce or not, I still can't imagine a Maiden concert on Christmas Day :lol:

I was thinking you were in NZ for some reason, Harold. How about we ask them to do it in the North East? It's relevant to at least two of us, then.

Well for my 30th birthday we went to see the tribute band 'Maiden England' play at Trillians in Newcastle, that was almost ss good! They played the first 3 sides of Live After Death in order, then said I could have any song I wanted as the encore - obviously I went for wrathchild cos its the next one on the album!

Back