22, Acacia Avenue

How good is 22, Acacia Avenue on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
This song is filled with killer riffs.Almost 7 minutes and it feels like a 3 minute rocker.There's always some progress, not just in lyrics.Both solos are great but especially Adrian's is truly awesome. 10/10

8/10

Good lyrics and some good riffs, but the different sections don't seem quite as seamless as they are in some other Maiden songs.

Great song, nice opening riff from Adrian, and the solos are excellent. The song's a lot of fun, though not up there with some others Maiden have done. 8/10

I love the bluesy feel of this song. Both solos are spectacular, especially Dave's. It's also the proggiest song they've had since Phantom, I think. For some reason, I get an Armored Saint vibe.

9/10

My favorite song on NOTB after Hallowed. It has a fantastic urban feel, beautiful vocals and one of Clive's most interesting drumlines. Not to mention probably my favorite Davey solo that's packed with so much emotion.

Just look at my screen name and you'll know how I feel about this song. Our friend Charlotte the Harlot is back and she's built quite the clientele. She's getting referrals!

I also love the double entendre of the line "You will find it's warm inside the red light's burning bright tonight". Excellent vocals, epic guitar solo. This song is the reason why I'm here really. I can only hope I get to hear this live.

10/10

Cool song as it isn't predicteble at all. Many great riffs and melodies in this one, aswell as great solos. (Anyone actually suprised? :p )
Good vocal performance but the lyrics are not in my taste.

7/10

The palm muted intro initially made me skip this one early into my Maiden fandom, but my attention span wasn't quite what it is today. Good thing I gave it another chance, because there are some great riffs and two solos that perfectly complement each other. Much better lyrics than the first song in the Charlotte series as well.

9/10

I didn't like this song initially, but it's really grown on me. So much going on here, and all of it is great. Definitely deserves an...

8/10

10/10. Absolute masterpiece. Love all the changes, shame they never do it live. The solos towards the end are fantastic, amongst Maidens best ever.

9/10, My most recent relisten made me appreciate this song more, I like the way the pace and the mood change throughout the song.

There's always been something off with this song for me.

Bruce doesn't sound great here. He uses the style of singing that'll return on No Prayer For the Dying and Fear of the Dark in a more prominent place. The fact that he didn't use this style during the rest of the 80s tells us that this album was part experimentation for how to make Bruce sound great in Iron Maiden - and here they failed.

The guitar work here is excellent, and one of my favourite H solos. Still, there's some odd time changes that take away from the song. It's an experiment that hasn't gone wrong, but hasn't gone right. Perhaps this song could have been great, but it is, in the end, merely good. 7/10.

By far the best song in the Charlotte anthology, but that's like saying the original Jurassic Park is easily the best film in the franchise; the competition really isn't up to the same standard. Anyway, it's an upbeat, extended rocker, which has a very strong flow to it, and is very consistent throughout. I have no major issues with the song, but I also can't think of anything that the song does fantastically. It's just well-rounded, yet unique all the same.

7/10.

RTC's Maiden Ranking:

1: Phantom Of The Opera: 9/10
2: Killers: 9/10
3: Children Of The Damned: 8/10
4: Remember Tomorrow: 8/10
5: Murders In The Rue Morgue: 8/10
6: Purgatory: 7/10
7: 22 Acacia Avenue: 7/10
8: Wrathchild: 7/10
9: Transylvania: 7/10
10: Prodigal Son: 6/10
11: Strange World: 6/10
12: Sanctuary: 6/10
13: Another Life: 6/10
14: The Prisoner: 6/10
15: Prowler: 6/10
16: Genghis Khan: 5/10
17: Iron Maiden: 5/10
18: Charlotte The Harlot: 5/10
19: Twilight Zone: 5/10
20: Drifter: 4/10
21: Running Free: 4/10
22: Innocent Exile: 4/10
23: Invaders: 3/10
24: The Ides Of March: 2/10

This is a fantastic piece of music and the second best song on this album.
I love the atmosphere, I love Bruce's voice, I love the riffs and I love the solos.

I see this song as a place where Dave continued his series of powerful and emotional solos that he started with Strange World and Prodigal Son. The solo in this song is so similar to his first solo in Powerslave, but it doesn't feel out of place here.

Unfortunately, this song is extremely close to being a 10/10 but it's doesn't really fit into that category.

The highlight: Dave Murray solo at 3:51.

9/10

Back