2017 Maidenfans.com Meetup discussion

Are you interested in going to a meetup?

• Total voters
I am working a 1/2 day that morning and driving up from Peoria. Depending on what time it starts, I would definitely be down for a meet up before the show. Any word if they will be selling Trooper Beer at the United Center?

So it seems the Vegas meetup was a thundering success. Let's see if we can have equally much fun in Oslo come June.
tumblr_inline_o26th2g15l1qg9k7f_500.gif

I don't know the set list and don't wanna know it. I'm going with the classics that people (should) know and love. Like The Fugitive.

Here is a good resource for potential meetup spots:
http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/news/more-trooper-meets-near-maiden-gigs

In terms of the Chicago meetup, There are plenty of options.
Chicago
4/6 9
pm til 2am @ Delilahs (2771 N. Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL 60614) - Metal Shop with DJ Nick Fury spinning all Maiden
4/6 1
pm til 12am @ Park Tavern (1645 West Jackson Blvd. Chicago IL, 60612)
4/6 5pm til late @ Go Tavern & Liquors (3219 W Armitage Ave, Chicago, IL 60647)
4/6 4pm til late @ Bottom Lounge (1375 W. Lake St. Chicago, IL 60607) - Spinning Maiden all night
4/6
2pm til late @ Reggies (2105 S State St, Chicago, IL 60616) - Bus available to/from show
4/6
1pm til 10pm @ Billy Goat (1535 W. Madison St. Chicago, IL 60607)
4/6 1pm til 10pm @ Billy Goat (430 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611)
4/6 1pm til late @ The Ogden (1659 W Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL 60612)
4/6 1pm til late @ Lockdown Bar (1024 N Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60622)
4/6 11am til 11:45pm @ Kumas Corner (2900 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618) - Metal themed menu
4/6
11:30am til late @ The Aberdeen Tap (440 N Aberdeen St, Chicago, IL 60642)

Park Tavern also has a bus to/from show and is less than a mile from United Center. From what I read online, place is BUSY and reservations are recommended. I know some of us are going to show early for good floor placing, but those of us with seats don't need to. Need to get a count of how many want to meet up, but more importantly which ones have seats. This will help us determine what time to meet up.

I have a seat and will have a buddy with me (non-forum member).

Here is a good resource for potential meetup spots:
http://www.ironmaidenbeer.com/news/more-trooper-meets-near-maiden-gigs

In terms of the Chicago meetup, There are plenty of options.

Wow, that's a lot of options! Here's my take on the three best options:

Park Tavern
Relatively close to the United Center, decent food, big, open place. However, all of the official Fan Club folks are going here as well, so if anyone wants definite seats reservations are an absolute must (if there's still any left at this point).

Bottom Lounge
Also not too far from United Center, cool Maiden videos, free shuttle. However, Trooper will be $8, which is lame. Official event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1057335084327319

Reggie's
Far from the United Center, but they have a free shuttle and Trooper for $4.50 which is literally insane. It's also a pretty cool place. Event link: http://www.reggieslive.com/show/iron-maiden-trooper-preparty/

Park Tavern also has a bus to/from show and is less than a mile from United Center. From what I read online, place is BUSY and reservations are recommended. I know some of us are going to show early for good floor placing, but those of us with seats don't need to. Need to get a count of how many want to meet up, but more importantly which ones have seats. This will help us determine what time to meet up.

I have a seat and will have a buddy with me (non-forum member).

Myself and the Detective have seats and are not concerned about getting there early. I would really love to get a Chicago t-shirt, though, if they have one that's event specific.

I also have seats. I still plan on being at the meetup relatively early, and I'll be getting a t-shirt as well. Most likely the Chicago event one, provided it doesn't suck. :p

Based on your descriptions of those 3 options, @MrKnickerbocker, Reggie's would get my vote.

Back