2017 Maidenfans.com Meetup discussion

Are you interested in going to a meetup?

• Total voters
I'm going to open a private message with everyone who is coming in to create a shared calendar for things like arrivals and departures. Expect to get it shortly.

I've just been invited to Sweden, now.
think.gif

Brigantium European Tour 2016. You should ask Maiden if you could subscribe to a seat on board Ed Force One.

Given that they're going from Donington straight to Oslo, then Gothenburg, that would be incredibly handy.

Regarding Chicago:

Mr. Knickerbocker said: Kuma's is amazing, as is the Maiden burger! However, it's rather far for out-of-towners unless you have a car. Also, the wait times at the original location are generally 2-3 hours. The second location, a mile further East, has a much shorter wait, but it's still a hike. Kuma's Too would be a better bet for sure if people have transportation and are willing to spring a few extra bucks for their meals.

My reply: Since I won't have transportation can I suggest something closer to the United Center which also offers shuttle service to the United Center such as...
http://www.yelp.com/biz/park-tavern-chicago?osq=Restaurants+Near+United+Center

I live about 60 miles west of Chicago, but I'll most likely be taking a train into the city. Chicago has pretty good public transportation so the location for the meetup shouldn't be too much of an issue. That said, I'm willing to do whatever is easiest/most convenient for everyone else.

I still may end up deciding to drive instead.

I was going to rent a car, but turns out Chicago is one of the most indemand (and therefore expensive) cities for a rental car. They start about $49 a day (and go up from there!) Also, you are not the first person to say how convenient the public transportation is there. Just downloaded the Chicago TA app to my phone.

NO! SLEEP!! IN VEGAS!!!!!!

I'm really excited for the weekend!! I have said this before, but a major regret was missing out on the Boston Beer Party :)

I will be attending the Chicago show.

Not sure what kind of time I will have beforehand (almost six hour drive there, plus wanting to get to the arena as early as possible because I have pit tickets), but if anyone else is setting up a meeting, I will do my best to attend.

Back