Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: 2 A.M.

I gave Man on the Edge an 8. ;)

I guess anyone who has been mentally worn out/exhausted or depressed at some time can relate to the lyrics. Still, I think the first couple of verses says it all and the chorus fails to add anything. Musically, when I get to this point of the album, I feel that I've already heard it all.

Good song, but not among my favourites from the album. 7/10 - but a strong 7.

PS: The guitar intro is the primary example of this "already heard it" feeling: First listen to The Aftermath, and then this.

6 out of 10... A brooding tune that I can feel a bit of identity with. Not really strong musically or vocally for me though...

Nice dark little track, and yes, everyone asked himself at least once - what the hell am i doing here? However some lyrics are too blunt for my taste; "and sit down with a beer". I always preferred a more poetic, metaphor-based approach. Chorus is good and second verse is definitely better than first one. But then comes the great instrumental part - a really sad and 'uncertain' guitar melody followed only by deep, heavy bass lines, splitting into Gers-style ballad solo and rhythm riffs, combining them again into the melody, but this time accompanied by synth carpet making the stuff even more dramatic.

Too bad that rest of the song is musically pretty average and lyrically leaning towards average. Personally, i feel more of the "message" while listening to instrumental part, than to the words themselves.

Great slow tempo song that rises with the solo. Reminds me of Afraid to Shoot Strangers because of this feature. 8/10.

Every time I play this song, I expect Halford to start singing "As the sun goes down..." at the beginning, because the acoustics remind me of Blood Red Skies. What can I say about the song? Blaze is really good on this one, as are the solos. Chorus is slightly overrepeated. 7/10.

6- I could never really get into this song much.  It's nice, decent melodies, but I just have never been able to get into it much.

This is a very effective song, it really creates a mood of loneliness, hopelessness, and monotony. Is that really the best mood for a song, though? Janick is great on this track. The lyrics are garbage, but Blaze sounds awesome.

Perfection. The atmosphere and lyrics capture the essence of loneliness and despair. The chorus, despite it being so heart-wrenching, sticks in your head forever. Janick's lead is fantastic. Sometimes the simplest music can be the most beautiful.

10/10

At this point it feels like I've heard this before, it's to similar to most of the other songs on the album. It isn't bad but it's just feels so samey and fillerish.
The chorus is still okay and the guitar lines in the middle section are brilliant but it feels flat to me after the last two excellent songs.

5/10

I don't believe what I am going to say......I think this one is quite decent 6/10

Every time I play this song, I expect Halford to start singing "As the sun goes down..." at the beginning, because the acoustics remind me of Blood Red Skies. What can I say about the song? Blaze is really good on this one, as are the solos. Chorus is slightly overrepeated. 7/10.

I just listened to this for the first time and did a double take for much the same reasons.

Back