Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on '2 A.M.' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'2 A.m.'

Yeah, I often think about these questions myself, but without any success so far. Well, I don't know whether you can answer the question "Why do I live at all?" - but it's quite interesting to see what philosophical and religious thoughts deal with it. Musicwise the song is very much the same as many others on the album, quite good, but not outstanding.

'2 A.m.'

Very beautyful song. Both musically and lyrically. It could have benn written about me. This kinda song gives so much when you feel down.

'2 A.m.'

Great song, lyrically and muscially. Especially because in the past I feelt like that... (1 year ago)

get in from work at 2 a.m. and sit down with beer
Turn on late night TV and then wonder why I'm here
It's meaningless and trivial and it washes over me
And once again I wonder is this all there is for me

... from time to time I still got this feeling, but not to often. It's a very "dark" song, but it's beautiful and it's true!

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] This kinda song gives so much when you feel down.[/quote]

Exactly [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'2 A.m.'

This is probably my favourite song featuring Blaze. First of all it's a fantastic simple rocker, one of Maiden's finest, in my opinion. Ha!
The guitar sounds superb, gentle and sad, in the second strophe adding that bit that makes a rocker's heart sing. And another bit is the chorus. Janick's solo is modest and beautiful.

The lyrics come to fruition in Blaze's performance. Funny how a guy with such a masculine voice is capable of such subtlety.
As for the meaning of the words, they are an interesting insight into the soul of a man, when he's feeling dark and low. Or when his life is dark and low.
Almost five stars.

'2 A.m.'

[!--QuoteBegin-charlotte+Jul 15 2005, 10:43 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(charlotte @ Jul 15 2005, 10:43 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]This is probably my favourite song featuring Blaze. First of all it's a fantastic simple rocker, one of Maiden's finest, in my opinion. Ha!
The guitar sounds superb, gentle and sad, in the second strophe adding that bit that makes a rocker's heart sing. And another bit is the chorus. Janick's solo is modest and beautiful.

The lyrics come to fruition in Blaze's performance. Funny how a guy with such a masculine voice is capable of such subtlety.
As for the meaning of the words, they are an interesting insight into the soul of a man, when he's feeling dark and low. Or when his life is dark and low.
Almost five stars.
[snapback]112163[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda get the same feeling, after a crappy day of work and get home and close the door and think:"So this is the great journey people call life eh? Not very rewarding to come to this, and like the Sabbath song "It goes over, and over and over again (cue kickass solo by Iommi)"

'2 A.m.'

The [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/index.php?url=album10_xfactor/commentary10_xfactor&link=albums&lang=eng#track10\' target=\'_blank\']new commentary[/a] to this one made me think of one more aspect: the repetition of the words "on my own" or "alone again".

Alienation is not a new theme in works of art. But is it not so that one can feel alone even if surrounded by people, or if they happen to be in the room next door? That really makes one feel imprisoned in their own life. Should we just take the hurt, then?

'2 A.m.'

Living is about "taking the hurt", that's the whole point. Those who go through life without hurting never actually learn. However, it is also true that we all have different pain thresholds. Some end up with a gun in their mouths, whereas others hold a little longer until the sun shows on the horizon and comes out from behind the clouds... and it usually does!

Daily Song: 2 A.M.

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: 2 A.M.

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

I used to love this song rather a lot, but it has lessened in my view since. It's still a fine song, but one of the weakest on the album. 7/10.

Re: Daily Song: 2 A.M.

Another achingly personal, atypical Maiden lyric, this timed framed in a basic, typical rock song structure. Very melancholy vocals and some bittersweet guitar parts that perfectly fit the sadly introspective subject matter. Not typical Maiden, but a good song nonetheless. Seven

10. Haunting, touching, sincere and appealing to almost every man I know. Janick kinda recreates the mood he did on Wasting Love solo and it works in splendid form! The main melody and the chorus are hard to get off your mind once you listen and feel it. A totally underrated and virtually 'unknown' masterpiece.

one im gunna write for... a gave it a 2/10
all i can say is ive probably listened to it all the way through once or twice and skipped it more times than... hmmm... more times then ive got a little chill at the air raid siren at full whack (many many times)
one of only two maiden songs along with gangland that i truly dislike, i find the whole song ill thought out and as painful as it is to say about a maiden song, completely boring. Im sure theres an instrumental somwhere but i seldom last long enough to reach one past blazes dark dulcet tones  -_-

I like this song a lot. But there is something wrong with it but I'm not sure about what it is. Another reason I dock it a few points is cause Thingfish's version is a ton better. 7/10

Not my favorite, it's nice but far from the album's best. 7/10

I am not much impressed by Blaze's vocals in this song. His hoooohoooo before the last chorus is certainly haunting, but in a different manner.

I still like the way he sings the couplets (I am not that fond of the overly simple sounding chorus), and the song has a touching instrumental piece, that drags it up to a 7.

When this album came out, I used to work nights - and get home after midnight, sit down with a beer....but that is where the similarity ends. The loneliness of this person is just so sad and it really does come across. The song is good and the lyrics are so dark and depressing - but so is being alone.

8/10

Again, it's all been said: Touching, haunting, sad. 10/10.

Wow! Haven't seen Perun giving anything less than a 10 on this album yet. lol  :p

@Topic: I don't really like this song. 5/10

Back