18th Studio Album discussion

Bruce didn't hint at anything. Those are the interviewer's words.
Maybe those words are interviewer's ones, but if he didn't have some informations directly from the singer, he wouldn't have written this in his column/interview with Bruce. So, that's some kind of hint about new Iron Maiden's album he got straight from Bruce. ;)

Maybe those words are interviewer's ones, but if he didn't have some informations directly from the singer, he wouldn't have written this in his column/interview with Bruce. So, that's some kind of hint about new Iron Maiden's album he got straight from Bruce. ;)

It's not. Bruce is not giving stuff away that easily, and even so Maiden management would've taken down that part. Also, he doesn't have time to record anything. If a new album will be out next year then it's already done.

When Bruce talks about a big Maiden tour in 2026, in my opinion I don’t think that refers to a pure greatest hits tour.

I think with time running out the future past tour has given them a reason to combine a new album with a greatest hits tour.

I thinks it’s feasible that a new album drops end of 2025 with a tour announced for 2026 along the lines of the future past tour pt. 2. 5/6 new tracks from the new album with either a combination with one older album or another theme entirely with simply a selection of older greatest hits with a couple of really rare deep cuts.

I don’t think they have the time to go on a 2/3 year pure greatest hits tour, then do an album and another 2/3 year tour in support of that album.

I also think the general public aren’t interested in a purely new album tour anyway. BOS tour got people out after Bruce’s cancer scare with fans thinking it might be the last chance to see them.

I think it was sensible to combine Senjutsu and somewhere in time with Alexander the great being brought out along with older guys like CSIT and SIASL. I expect the same for the next album, a combination tour with maybe a couple of cool rare tracks.

I think with time running out the future past tour has given them a reason to combine a new album with a greatest hits tour.
I don’t think they have the time to go on a 2/3 year pure greatest hits tour, then do an album and another 2/3 year tour in support of that album.
I think it was sensible to combine Senjutsu and somewhere in time with Alexander the great being brought out along with older guys like CSIT and SIASL. I expect the same for the next album, a combination tour with maybe a couple of cool rare tracks.
Have a sneaking suspicion you are right. I can see another 'mash up' tour, a new album spliced with a novel retro theme.

Possible... although most of the 80s eras has been mined by now in the reunion era.

This is an interesting read although I think there are some wrong conclusions being drawn from the OP and some comments. Ever since hearing Senjutsu I've had the strong suspicion that somewhere in the process (anytime between finishing the album initially and it sitting in the vault) some songs may have been remixed. Writing On the Wall, Days of Future Past, and even Stratego are among the best Maiden has sounded in the Shirley era. Meanwhile the title track and Lost in a Lost world sound almost as bad as The X Factor. Either that or Adrian has gotten more of a say in production choices on the last two albums. I've also noticed that Adrian significantly changed his writing style on the last two albums. No more big proggy epics and instead we've gotten more immediate up tempo rockers in the vein of the 80s. Not sure if that's a response to production as well but I could certainly see him trying to write songs that better fit Maiden's production style rather than more prog rock epics in the vein of Starblind that are going to sound rough in a Maiden studio situation.
Where I disagree with some of the conclusions drawn from Adrian's comments is the degree to which he wants Maiden to go more produced. I don't think Kevin Shirley is a hack and I don't think Adrian believes that either, especially considering Kevin Shirley mixed the Smith/Kotzen album. And to that end, if you listen to Adrian's recent solo projects (of which admittedly there aren't many), they are not the most polished products out there either. I hear more reverbs on the guitar and more vocal polish primarily, but it's not a far cry from the way Maiden's albums sound. Additionally Adrian clearly sees Brave New World and The Book of Souls as high water marks for the band sonically even though they're still in the same production style. In a lot of ways I think it could be as simple as Adrian just not liking the way his guitars and Bruce sounded on Final Frontier. After all, Kevin Shirley did say he was "95% happy" and the sticking point seems to be largely around the amount of reverb. It might not be as severe as how the fans feel.
Spot on here about Adrian and his production. He had also said that he thinks SJ is one of their best produced albums, but imo TFF's production sounds more ''polished'' than the last 2 albums. I think Stratego is not one of the best sounding songs on the new album. And Adrian did co-wrote a longer song for the latest album, but his approach will be curious for the next one.
Notice he's not said anything about a 2025 tour.
He likes to tease us, but this is odd tbh. Most likely, this means that next year will be the 3rd leg of TFP.
It's entirely possible that they plan to release a new album as a part of 50th anniversary celebration at the end of the year.
So I think Bruce has already confirmed that there will be another solo album. In this context, I’m pretty sure he’s referring to Maiden. I don’t see why he would mix up his solo with Maidens plans.
This x2. New album would be the perfect celebration. And this is what they would have done in 2020.
Bruce said he will be on tour earlier next year, so if he's right then we can rule out Maiden recording in the first months of 2025.
Bruce is not giving stuff away that easily, and even so Maiden management would've taken down that part. Also, he doesn't have time to record anything. If a new album will be out next year then it's already done.
When did he say he will be on tour early next year? There are rumors for a solo tour in the fall. Bruce will need a longer break after this year.
If Steve or Adrian aren't busy with their solo projects, early next year is the perfect and logical time window - and especially because the 2026 tour is referred as a big one, so the album should come out sooner (early 2026 at the latest). Unless the album is already written just waiting to be recorded...? If not then, after Maiden's summer tour in the winter like with TBOS, although that will mean they have to release it in early 2026.

Maybe it will be a hybrid tour again - and maybe that's the best option. New album and more deep cuts (Nicko expressed a desire for this). It makes sense because of the time, instead of doing another 2/3 years Hits tour, jump straight into the next album with this working formula which is like 2 different tours in one. If it's with an album (although they used all the 80's History tours), the popular ones are POM(at least 3 deep cuts), Powersalve(not that likely), SSOASS (doubtful after 2012/2014, but has at least 2 deep cuts), BNW (a few choices) and maybe AMOLAD (everything really). I highly doubt about an early 90's album.

Bruce is giving some stuff to tease the fans, like they do since the promotional campaign for SJ. Yeah, Maiden like to work in secret, but Steve easily said in 2018 that they would be recording a new album early after the leg of the tour. They just want the recording and release to be a surprise.
When Bruce talks about a big Maiden tour in 2026, in my opinion I don’t think that refers to a pure greatest hits tour.
I thinks it’s feasible that a new album drops end of 2025 with a tour announced for 2026 along the lines of the future past tour pt. 2. 5/6 new tracks from the new album with either a combination with one older album or another theme entirely with simply a selection of older greatest hits with a couple of really rare deep cuts.
Agreed.

Last edited:
That's true. But still, I doubt Bruce is giving dates away for an album which (probably) hasn't been recorded yet
He just said that there will be a big Maiden tour in 2026, and inserted a possible hint for the next Maiden album (the band will certainly have time to record it, they have plans in advance). That's it. It's the fans turn to speculate. Bruce surely knows every Maiden plan so he can make his solo plans. Steve too ofc, and he didn't rule anything out. When you have more free time because of Bruce's solo tour, you can concentrate more on touring now and still write and record an album and do a hybrid tour.

What is weird is that Bruce said many times that the band have plans until the end of 2026... but if it's an album tour, then usually their plans should be until 2027, 2 years(!). New album tour starting in 2025? They will do a tour next year, but what will it be. It shouldn't be a long one.

He just said that there will be a big Maiden tour in 2026, and inserted a possible hint for the next Maiden album. That's it. It's the fans turn to speculate. Bruce surely knows every Maiden plan so he can make his solo plans. Steve too ofc, and he didn't rule anything out. When you have more free time because of Bruce's solo tour, you can concentrate more on touring now and still write and record an album and do a hybrid tour.

Yeah, I was referring to those who is claiming Bruce was talking about a Maiden album for sure, while in reality is surely talking about his solo album (which also fits the timing).

What is weird is that Bruce said many times that the band have plans until the end of 2026... but if it's an album tour, then usually their plans should be until 2027, 2 years(?). They will do a tour next year, but what will it be. It shouldn't be a long tour.

Next tour could be an album tour as well, same as 2010 and what it was supposed to be 2015.
If the album is ready then it will be that, if not it will be something along the lines to extend this tour to 2025. I highly doubt they will do just a year.

Could also be that no new album is in their minds and this next tour will last to 2026.

Bruce said he will be on tour earlier next year, so if he's right then we can rule out Maiden recording in the first months of 2025.
Early can also mean April of 2025. So maybe they record from Feb to April & then he goes on tour.

On the flip side, Bruce does his tour early next year and maiden meet up, record in late 2025 (Sept - Dec) & release the album in early 2026. This could have been Sept 2026 but since Maiden will be on tour in 2026, I see them starting their tour around May or June 2026.

Early can also mean April of 2025. So maybe they record from Feb to April & then he goes on tour.

On the flip side, Bruce does his tour early next year and maiden meet up, record in late 2025 (Sept - Dec) & release the album in early 2026. This could have been Sept 2026 but since Maiden will be on tour in 2026, I see them starting their tour around May or June 2026.
He can't tour in April with a Maiden tour starting in late May. If Bruce is touring early next year it's going to be from february to april, I guess.

He can't tour in April with a Maiden tour starting in late May. If Bruce is touring early next year it's going to be from february to april, I guess.
I’m not saying there’s a maiden tour in late 2025. You can’t do from 1 tour to another without a break. I’m saying he records from Feb to April and then goes on for his tour.

As the strong rumors state, there's a concept of stadium tour planned for Europe - the summer of 2025. We know the Defense Arena in Paris was just booked.

As the strong rumors state, there's a concept of stadium tour planned for Europe - the summer of 2025. We know the Defense Arena in Paris was just booked.

If they're playing La Defense I guess we'll see a tour like in 2022, maybe even smaller. Download instead of London, Graspop instead of Bruxelles, arenas instead of stadiums and stuff like that.

If they're playing La Defense I guess we'll see a tour like in 2022, maybe even smaller. Download instead of London, Graspop instead of Bruxelles, arenas instead of stadiums and stuff like that.
No, stadium/festival tour most likely. La Defense is a stadium. Probably they do Tele 2 or Friends Arena in Stockholm and Wanda Metropolitan Stadium in Madrid.

Back