Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

The forward stone facade seems to be, yes. Everything behind it is gone.

I can't find any citation to aerial water bombardment in cities.

I was a firefighter a long time ago (over 20 years now). We'd never consider the use of that much water like that. What if you missed, you'd destroy other homes. Hell, what if you hit? There's not enough water in a water bomber to douse that flame, it'll just send burning bits of church all over. Terrible idea.

Teenagers can be firefighters? :confused:
As a volunteer, yeah. We didn't do any actual firefighting, we learned theory and did bitch work behind the scenes (filling tanks, maintaining gear, etc). I did get to enter an involved house twice during a training exercise, which remains a profound experience.

Update: French firefighters believe that they can save the main structure of the building, but the inside is completely destroyed.

Got to file, not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 separate tax returns today. E-filed the ones I get a refund for, snail mailed the one I owed money on (just out of general principle)

While there are fears for the many priceless artworks and artefacts housed inside the cathedral, the rector of Notre-Dame, Patrick Jacquin, has told local press that the Crown of Thorns and the Tunic of St Louis have both been recovered.

I am guessing we will need to wait until morning to see what kind of shape it is in (the interior). Again, just so sad to see. The last time I was in Paris, we stayed right across the river from it in the Latin Quarter and every day it was just impressive to look at.

I would also think tourism in Paris might take a bit of a hit. One of the main attractions closed for some time and the yellow jackets in the news. Personally, I would go tomorrow if given an opportunity, but I have to think they will take at least a bit of a hit from this.

Niall wins the internet
WelllitDistantApisdorsatalaboriosa-size_restricted.gif

I’m so happy to see that this forum is finally in it for cheap laughs. You guys wanna take up the memespam now, because the rest of us obviously have too much respect to do it anymore.

Back