Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

All he has to do is get the candle on the cake from the house to the caravan, and light another candle with it:
:lol::lol::lol:
I thought it was funny anyway ...

After some minutes the stripes are gone and the phone is back to normal. However, this isn't the first time this happens. Probably a hint that I should consider getting a new one, which annoys me as it is only 3 1/2 years old. I really think something you pay good money for should last longer than that.

After some minutes the stripes are gone and the phone is back to normal. However, this isn't the first time this happens. Probably a hint that I should consider getting a new one, which annoys me as it is only 3 1/2 years old. I really think something you pay good money for should last longer than that.
With the way phone technology is advancing, I'm sure you can get something much much better now for no more than you paid for 3 1/2 years ago.

With the way phone technology is advancing, I'm sure you can get something much much better now for no more than you paid for 3 1/2 years ago.

I know. I still find it annoying that even the high-end products seemingly aren't intended to last more than 3-4 years. Of course, Apple enthusiasts who worship Jobs et.al. will buy the newest iStuff long before the old one breaks (and to some extent maybe the same goes for other brands, albeit to a lesser extent).

I expect to change out my phone every 3 years. I'm pretty much at that point now - I will be at 3 years in January.

I know. I still find it annoying that even the high-end products seemingly aren't intended to last more than 3-4 years. Of course, Apple enthusiasts who worship Jobs et.al. will buy the newest iStuff long before the old one breaks (and to some extent maybe the same goes for other brands, albeit to a lesser extent).

I bought my iPhone 5s when that type came out (autumn 2013) and 4 years on I still haven't given a slightest thought to actually exchanging the phone for a newer model. The battery still lasts long enough, it's fast, it does everything I need (which is mostly music, Breviary, internet, Facebook, Viber etc.). Plus the photos I take are still quite okay, in my book. Unless something really unexpected happens, I can see myself using this one for the next year or two.

The local gym I go to has a cute new receptionist. Time to buckle down and hit that gym.

I pass through the gym to get to the pool, and the receptionist lady is stunning.
I think they do this on purpose.

I bought my iPhone 5s when that type came out (autumn 2013) and 4 years on I still haven't given a slightest thought to actually exchanging the phone for a newer model. The battery still lasts long enough, it's fast, it does everything I need (which is mostly music, Breviary, internet, Facebook, Viber etc.). Plus the photos I take are still quite okay, in my book. Unless something really unexpected happens, I can see myself using this one for the next year or two.

Samsung Galaxy S. The original one, model 9000. Purchased in December 2010. Replaced its original software with a clean, no BS aftermarket Android, removed Google services, deployed a firewall, and the phone is basically mint today. Including the original battery, still does a full day of heavy usage fine. Don't toy with the phone and it lasts for days. Phone, SMS and other messengers, internet browser, Wikipedia app, Reddit app, streaming sites app (YT/Vimeo and stuff), music. 7 years, M I N T

This is how it should be.

I'm paying for my phone (lower spec Samsung) for another year, so I hope it holds out that long. I really don't like having to replace expensive things every couple of years.

Back