18th Studio Album discussion

They need only 2 - 3 months to record and mix all parts of new music.

Bruce solo tour: February to April?
Maiden tour (rehearsals included): May to July?
Bruce solo tour: ? - end of the year

You have to put Bruce's writing and maybe recording sessions for his solo album as well. And this is the stuff that we know about, both Steve and Adrian might be busy with their projects too.

And that's all folks.
Then what are the secret plans for next year that he can't tell about? Brand new tour? Bruce should have said the 2025 tour then, right. But nope.
-> album release in early 2026 or late 2026 after Maiden's tour is most likely now. But they should record in 2025 for the former and can record in early 2026 for the latter. He said no album planned for 2025, as in releasing, but that doesn't mean they can't record it next year.

Even if Bruce goes on tour early next year (early could mean like this year starting in April) and that he'll be busy the whole year, then that means Maiden's tour should be in the winter again because I can't see Bruce touring again (2 solo legs in one year!?) after the possible Maiden summer tour. Maiden will find time to record if they want - as usual, 3 months from February to April is possible. Then Bruce's tour (or vice versa with Maiden's). I doubt his solo tour will be that long, 3/4 months again. I really hope so for another album, it would be weird for them to not release another one, and especially with the other old band's new releases. More new music as possible. Bruce said they won't do a farewell tour, so 2026 should be a big album tour or start of a Hits (maybe anniv?) tour - with 3rd leg of TFP in 2025.

Bruce's next solo album doesn't play a role. He writes and records quickly and do the things in parts. Roy is in the studio and records demos for sure. And Bruce said the comic book is a commitment for him, so. He won't be in a hurry, as he mentioned. 2027 at the earliest imo (he will be quite busy with Maiden in 2026), unless he wants TMP tour to be more than 2 years.

Steve or Adrian's solo projects could interrupt the plans since they didn't do anything with them this year. But a Maiden album is the main priority.

It’s a bit weird because theoretically the schedules shouldn’t have that much of an effect on studio time. They can record January - March (as they have done before) and that gives time for Bruce to tour April - June with Maiden later in the summer. It’s a super jammed schedule though so I could understand them not wanting to do that, but the time is there. Maybe Bruce means no album release in 2025, but that doesn't mean they won't go into the studio at some point during the year. From a touring perspective, they are probably going to announce whatever next year's tour theme is (if there is a tour) sometime in October or November. If there's no album ready by then, we can safely say they at least aren't going to be touring a new album.

We also just saw an interview where Bruce seemingly confirmed a new Maiden album and, if anything, the newest quote maybe clarifies that he meant a Maiden tour and album in 2026. We're talking about Maiden stretching their lifespan into the late 2020s which is in itself unbelievable, but also makes me think that they do have interest in creating new music. I don't think some of the members would be that invested sticking it out for this long as a nostalgia act.

I think the reasonable possibilities are:

2025 - 2027: Greatest hits/farewell tour maybe a new album drops somewhere in that cycle
2025 is a year off, 26 and 27 are an album cycle/greatest hits hybrid

I don't really see them going outside of that framework. I am 100% sure that Future Past will not go a third year. It's just not marketable enough and there's no way they are going to be playing a Senjutsu heavy set 4 years beyond the album release. A greatest hits tour will be the priority, the question is whether they are willing to go outside their usual touring cycle pattern to release an album in the middle of a greatest hits tour and incorporate the album into a hits centric setlist. Future Past is a step in that direction and recording Senjutsu during the Legacy of the Beast tour shows that they're willing to get a jumpstart on new material before the end of a touring cycle, so it's possible.

It’s a bit weird because theoretically the schedules shouldn’t have that much of an effect on studio time. They can record January - March (as they have done before) and that gives time for Bruce to tour April - June with Maiden later in the summer. It’s a super jammed schedule though so I could understand them not wanting to do that, but the time is there. Maybe Bruce means no album release in 2025, but that doesn't mean they won't go into the studio at some point during the year. From a touring perspective, they are probably going to announce whatever next year's tour theme is (if there is a tour) sometime in October or November. If there's no album ready by then, we can safely say they at least aren't going to be touring a new album.

We also just saw an interview where Bruce seemingly confirmed a new Maiden album and, if anything, the newest quote maybe clarifies that he meant a Maiden tour and album in 2026. We're talking about Maiden stretching their lifespan into the late 2020s which is in itself unbelievable, but also makes me think that they do have interest in creating new music. I don't think some of the members would be that invested sticking it out for this long as a nostalgia act.

2025 - 2027: Greatest hits/farewell tour maybe a new album drops somewhere in that cycle

I don't really see them going outside of that framework. I am 100% sure that Future Past will not go a third year. It's just not marketable enough and there's no way they are going to be playing a Senjutsu heavy set 4 years beyond the album release. A greatest hits tour will be the priority, the question is whether they are willing to go outside their usual touring cycle pattern to release an album in the middle of a greatest hits tour and incorporate the album into a hits centric setlist. Future Past is a step in that direction and recording Senjutsu during the Legacy of the Beast tour shows that they're willing to get a jumpstart on new material before the end of a touring cycle, so it's possible.
Do you think there's no chance for the European tour in 2025? The Paris gig is almost on the way, so they'll play in Europe next year for sure.

I'm the opposite. Concerts and tours are awesome of course, but if I had to choose I'd take new music in a heartbeat.

Be careful what you wish for; Bruce might use his high register! :p

On a more serious note, why not both? That would be my choice, although at this stage in Maiden’s career we cannot take things for granted.

Do you think there's no chance for the European tour in 2025? The Paris gig is almost on the way, so they'll play in Europe next year for sure.

I think they’ll do a variation of The Future Past tour in Europe from May to late July/early August. Bruce can either tour before then or after. Has he given any hints about when he will be touring as a solo artist in 2025?

I think Euro tour is possible and definitely most likely, I just don't think it's the sure thing that others on here believe. It'll be a surprise if Maiden takes a year off, but imo we're at a point where they might slow things down compared to the constant touring cycles.

I think we will get one last album from them as a touring band. They have plans thru 2026 and hopefully into 2027 and I think that's most likely it. think Nicko's stroke accelerated things.

Doesn't Bruce have little time too? When will he write and record his presumed 2026 solo album? Considering he might even have to find a new partner instead of Roy Z.
Bruce can write on the road, he did so with Tyranny of souls. He can write with his live band, unless Roy Z are already writing music. Time to record, well that will maybe happend while Maiden are having time off sometime?

Be careful what you wish for; Bruce might use his high register! :p

On a more serious note, why not both? That would be my choice, although at this stage in Maiden’s career we cannot take things for granted.
I'd take it, warts and all :D

Both would obviously be the optimal solution, but I was entertaining the hypothetical, that if we had to choose, a new album would be a no-brainer imo.

I think Euro tour is possible and definitely most likely, I just don't think it's the sure thing that others on here believe. It'll be a surprise if Maiden takes a year off, but imo we're at a point where they might slow things down compared to the constant touring cycles.

The constant touring cycles consist of 3-4 months per calendar year, which is frankly not that much touring. Taking a year off would mean a significant loss of income that would have to be compensated touring for much longer the following year to recoup the losses (like they did in 2016).

It’s a bit weird because theoretically the schedules shouldn’t have that much of an effect on studio time. They can record January - March (as they have done before) and that gives time for Bruce to tour April - June with Maiden later in the summer. It’s a super jammed schedule though so I could understand them not wanting to do that, but the time is there. Maybe Bruce means no album release in 2025, but that doesn't mean they won't go into the studio at some point during the year.
From a touring perspective, they are probably going to announce whatever next year's tour theme is sometime in October or November. If there's no album ready by then, we can safely say they at least aren't going to be touring a new album.

Agreed with everything here.

I think:

1) 2025 (3rd leg of TFP) - 2026/2027 (new album tour)
2) 2025 (anniv tour for one year) - 2026/2027 (new album tour or a hybrid tour again)
3) 2025 (either 3rd leg or anniv/GME tour) - 2026 (start of a Hits tour with idk what theme)
I am 100% sure that Future Past will not go a third year. It's just not marketable enough and there's no way they are going to be playing a Senjutsu heavy set 4 years beyond the album release. A greatest hits tour will be the priority, the question is whether they are willing to go outside their usual touring cycle pattern to release an album in the middle of a greatest hits tour and incorporate the album into a hits centric setlist. Future Past is a step in that direction and recording Senjutsu during the Legacy of the Beast tour shows that they're willing to get a jumpstart on new material before the end of a touring cycle, so it's possible.
Not saying you can't be right, but with the 3rd leg of the tour they will play in some places they didn't in the last 2 years- and the SIT songs are for sure marketable enough. Plus with just a couple of changes to the set, they can make it not so deep cuts-oriented (the SJ songs). And Maiden to miss two summer tours in a row? Very unlikely, they want to tour as much as possible.

Maybe another Hits tour is indeed the priority, but I don't see them releasing an album in the middle of a Hits tour. Writing, yes. They did that with Legacy Part 3, but it was different. Another hybrid tour will make things easier. Even without an old album. But who knows how much their plans have changed, especially because of Nicko.
Bruce can write on the road, he did so with Tyranny of souls.
This.
Has he given any hints about when he will be touring as a solo artist in 2025?
He mentioned early next year again (I kind of doubt it), but there are rumors for a US solo tour in the fall.

With all this talk of a big tour coming up in 2026 and the success of the future past hybrid tour between 2 albums I’m convinced the next big tour will also be a hybrid tour.

The more I think about it the more I’m convinced a superb idea would be to combine post and pre reunion eras. Not sure exactly how it would work and what it would be called as future past would have been perfect but can’t be used again.

Split the set list up in a way to separate post and pre reunion and that way they can pick any songs they like. This could mean playing a few obscure 90’s songs without needing to do a history tour based on the 90’s.

This could be the last big tour and would cater for all eras fans and could rumble in for 3/4 years. Maybe even longer by switching up a few songs but keeping the overall theme the same.

Back