Bruce Dickinson

Bruce sounds great and he seems really excited.
I noticed that too. It must be quite refreshing for him after all these years.
I have a feeling that Frankenstein is there only for Bruce to go ham on the timbales.
Or with the other instrument. He does this for Tears Of The Dragon's solo section. Btw, it, Alchemist and Jerusalem have additional intros. Short breaks for Bruce in the set.

Book Of Thel is a huge live song, perfect for encore. Bruce did a nice job, but Aquarius into Book in a row is very tough. The latter seems to be a bit easier for him.

-> another additional keytar solo. Philip did a great job with Adrian's solo. Great live sound too.
Jerusalem, Book of Thel and Road to Hell should be played every night. Rotete Gods of War and Laughing in the Hiding Bush instead.
I think with only 14 songs it will be complicated with the rotations. Book and Aquarius can rotate (two big songs). TCW & AOB songs (Road/Tower; I want both). Laughing (very energetic live song), Starchildren and maybe also Gods Of War (not sure). Category of slow songs: Jerusalem, Navigate, Queen. With more TOS and/or Skunkworks material. Or a new song for a new song.

...The rest of the songs seem locked to me. If the set was with a few songs longer it would be easier.

Other songs I would love to hear throughout the tour:
Son Of A Gun
Tattooed Millionaire (expected, I guess)
Born In '58 (expected at some point)
Cyclops
Change Of Heart (I hope so)
Sacred Cowboys
The Breeding House
Back From The Edge (expected, Bruce's favorite song from the album iirc)
Inertia
Solar Confinement
Innerspace
Taking The Queen (expected)
Man Of Sorrows (it's a must)
The Magician (expected too, I guess)
Omega (I hope so)
Gates Of Urizen (was in the rehearsal video of Tanya)
Trumpets Of Jericho
Silver Wings
Broken
Soul Intruders (I hope so)
Kill Devil Hill (expected, I guess)
Navigate The Seas Of The Sun (expected, Bruce's favorite from the album)
River Of No Return (hinted in TMP comic)
Power Of The Sun (I hope so)
Devil On A Hog
A Tyranny Of Souls (expected, I guess)
Eternal
Fingers In The Wounds
Mistress Of Mercy (fun with keys)
Shadow Of The Gods (expected)

The second setlist is even better than the first one, it has all the songs I wish to see the most. Close to perfect. I much prefer Starchildren over Laughing in the Hiding Bush and Book of Thel is probably my favourite song period, so that's great.

I think Book of Thel could take place of the cover in the proper setlist and The Tower could be added as a third and final encore song. Unfortunately, it's going to be a shame to see any of the tracks dropped. Personally, I don't care much about seeing the Balls to Picasso tracks live, but I think he's going to keep at least two for the sake of album variety.

I'm super curious what they pick for South America and if the setlist rotates. Can't wait to find out!

Book Of Thel needs to stay during every gig. Such a fantastic song.
Agreed.
TCW and Alchemist are staying anyway it seems. Agree about the other 2. Make The Tower the closer, as it is easier than Road To Hell and move the second in the first batch of standard tuned songs.
Yep. Road To Hell instead of Starchildren, swapping places with Aquarius.
I much prefer Starchildren over Laughing in the Hiding Bush...
I think Book of Thel could take place of the cover in the proper setlist and The Tower could be added as a third and final encore song. Unfortunately, it's going to be a shame to see any of the tracks dropped. Personally, I don't care much about seeing the Balls to Picasso tracks live, but I think he's going to keep at least two for the sake of album variety.
I'm super curious what they pick for South America and if the setlist rotates. Can't wait to find out!
The SA shows will be fantastic. I'm really curious too, but I kind of expect more or less the same setlist. Or with little changes. Tower will stay for sure. Some of the changes to the set will be difficult to make. But if they are more often.

I doubt they will play more different songs from BTP, but Gods Of War seems to be a song that Bruce likes. At least 2 is likely, or in rotation. Laughing is a very good live song.

Bruce probably has 10 more songs ready for rotation. Gates Of Urizen should be next added song since they rehearsed it for sure and I prefer it over Starchildren, Gods Of War and even Jerusalem.

Nice setlists! Not sure why he is playing a short 15 song set with a cover thrown in instead of a longer 17 song set with just solo songs though.

It could be these warm ups with the "house band from hell" guise could be slightly shorter sets.

Mondays show will the the first official starting of the tour, the set for that show will be the best indicator how its going to play out for the rest of the tour

Back