Judas Priest

The band teased a bit of the title track on FB. I guess the intro and chorus of the song.

Wow, the intro is a surprise. Turbo/Defenders sounds vibe! It's a hymn, with or without lyrics. The chorus(?) isn't anthemic, it shouldn't work with its melody, but it's really catchy. I love it already. I expect the title track to be an instant classic, even only because of its length alone.

Really disappointed with Dom Lawson. Only two "fuck" and one "fucking" in that review?? Where is the reference to the album being "fucking heavy" or "fucking great"?
Aren’t you more disappointed in him for referencing fucking at all, since it might trigger any eunuchs that are reading his article…?!?! For shame!

What is your favourite song the album?
"Panic Attack", "The Serpent And The King", "Invincible Shield", "Devil In Disguise", "Gates Of Hell", "Escape From Reality", "Sons Of Thunder", "Fight Of Your Life". I particularly love "Invincible Shield" and "Sons Of Thunder", two very straightforward songs with great 80's vibes.

Last edited:
Is it me, or newest KK's Priest animated video is better than last three Judas Priest videos combined.
I mean, if KK's gonna make music that is at least 50% worse than Judas Priest, he might as well make music videos that are 50% better.

Still, I'll take Priest writing great new songs over filming music videos anyday.

Also, this KK video isn't good, it's just a bunch of CGI shit that has nothing to do with the band. Ultimately, does it look better than Rob in his backyard and Ian sitting at his desk with a bass? I guess so, but it still sucks.

"Panic Attack", "The Serpent And The King", "Invincible Shield", "Devil In Disguise", "Gates Of Hell", "Escape From Reality", "Sons Of Thunder", "Fight Of Your Life". I particularly love "Invincible Shield" and "Sons Of Thunder", two very straightforward songs with great 80's vibes.
There is only one filler on the deluxe version of 'Invincible Shield', it's "The Lodger". Fortunately, it's a bonus track.

It is what it is, you know?

There is only one filler on the deluxe version of 'Invincible Shield', it's "The Lodger". Fortunately, it's a bonus track.

Better or worse than The Chocolate Coin Project? Dom Lawson gave both albums a score of 9/10 on Blabbermouth. He is always fucking right when it comes to fucking heavy music, but I would appreciate hearing your more nuanced evaluation instead. :)

It may be silly/goofy but I like KK's Priest's musical attitude. A la Manowar. I can enjoy this band. From the debut album: Brothers of the Road, Metal Through and Through, Return of the Sentinel rock.

Last edited:
Better or worse than The Chocolate Coin Project? Dom Lawson gave both albums a score of 9/10 on Blabbermouth. He is always fucking right when it comes to fucking heavy music, but I would appreciate hearing your more nuanced evaluation instead. :)
Well, 'Invincible Shield' is completely different from 'The Mandrake Project'. I loved Bruce Dickinson's new solo record. So, in my humble opinion, 9/10 is well deserved, because of the diverse layers and textures that Bruce has put on his album that made of 'The Mandrake Project' something very special. In the other side, 'Invincible Shield' is not a risk-taking from Judas Priest. The band recycled some nice ideas from the 70's and mostly from the 80's to create something more modern being the continuation of 'Firepower'. So, that's a difficult question to answer. But as the quality in the songwriting is here and the sound production by Andy Sneap is excellent, 'Invincible Shield' equals 'The Mandrake Project'. That's why I have to agree with Dom Lawson about the notes he gave to the both records. ;)

Last edited:
Well, 'Invincible Shield' is completely different from 'The Mandrake Project'. I loved Bruce Dickinson's new solo record. So, in my humble opinion, 9/10 is well deserved, because of the diverse layers and textures that Bruce has put on his album that made of 'The Mandrake Project' something very special. In the other side, 'Invincible Shield' is not a risk-taking from Judas Priest. The band recycled some nice ideas from the 70's and mostly from the 80's to create something more modern being the continuation of 'Firepower'. So, that's a difficult question to answer. But as the quality in the songwriting is here and the sound production by Andy Sneap is excellent, 'Invincible Shield' equals 'The Mandrake Project'. That's why I have to agree with Dom Lawson about the notes he gave to the both records.

Thanks for your response!

Brutally honest, more like!
KK has shown himself to be a clown while Richie has shown himself to be a class act and superior guitarist, so can’t say I miss KK at all.

That said, I was half expecting them to bring in KK when Tipton had to step down a couple years ago. The fact that they wouldn’t make what would be an obvious move really shows how difficult that guy has to be to work with.

Back