The Future Past Tour 2024

San Siro is huge. If this turns out to be true, it must be either a "last tour" thing with exclusive date in Italy, or some other acts there who also pulls a large crowd (think AC/DC, GNR, Metallica).

It's not that huge, actually. It has a 55.000 capacity for some artists, for Maiden it would be less due to the stage configuration (50.000). They did more than 50.000 people on both the 2016 and 2018 leg. A show like that would also be very intriguing for casual fans, just like most stadium shows.

I need help with this letter. Where is it shown? Maybe I misunderstand the article, but doesn’t it just say Mc2 Live tried to book one or two dates in the stadium (Odd, don’t they know how many they want?) and that Iron Maiden and Rammstein are among their most popular bands?

That said, it's of course possible to imagine a big stadium "anniversary" tour.
There are fragments of the letter reported, but not the full thing.

The correct translation is:
"To this point, the letter, which refers especially to 2025 summer. Yes, 'cause MC2 Live would have booked at least one or two dates at Meazza for the bigs it owns - Iron Maiden and Rammstein are the biggest ones - but it hasn't been possible"

The "one or two dates" part is just a way to say they would've booked it if it was possible.

They could throw out the songs from SJ and add the missing classics - Number, Hallowed etc.
They could do that because they played some of them in 2022 too, but at least some will stay methinks. Maiden care about their new albums. And if they do that, it will be like a Hits tour, a different theme. Tbh, that would be kind of pointless, although understandable at the stage of their career. Playing the same classics again, instead of new or rare songs.
The production, though, is their poorest in years and it absolutely doesn't work in a stadium/festival context. The changes required to make the actual stage a proper one for big shows would most likely be so expensive that they might as well change the whole tour.
I don't think that's a factor for them.
Bruce hinted that Alex will stay for another year in a recent interview...
The question was will they play Alex in Greece and he answered that they want to make everybody happy.
I take that as a comfirmation.
If they play in Greece, Alexander will stay, regardless of the tour.
Remember that Bruce talked about "secret plans after Power Trip" and those were just the 2024 dates.
That was such a strange hint. Not only Bruce, Nicko too. Who knows what it was about.
They're still in great shape and they're still playing long tours. I think the next step will be shorter tours (like this next one could be) in bigger venues.
This. Idk why some people think they will retire soon because Bruce has restarted his solo career. Every artist wants to be on stage as long as possible.
IMO, if they do "best of" tour, Alex will remain to represent Somewhere In Time. In that case, a return of either Rime or Seventh Son is also very likely.
That's very possible, multiple epics on a tour is a tradition for the band (3-4). And Nicko thinks it could be a staple (Alexander). I'd bet on Rime, although both it and Seventh Son are difficult songs for Bruce and Nicko. Everything is possible now.
Also I can’t see them touring TFP next year. It’s already weird enough that they have dedicated 1 leg of a previous tour and 2 of this tour to an album recorded 5 years ago. I have no problem with Senjutsu and I loved seeing LOTB22 and the gig last year, but it’s time to move on.
I'm starting to think the same, although it's easy for them to just change some songs from the current tour.
While I agree it's definitely time to move on from Senjutsu, I'm leaning toward the evidence that Maiden doesn't appear to have any big plans for 2025, other than perhaps a short third leg of Future Past. In recent interviews, Bruce has said a few times he's planning on touring Mandrake next year as well.
If they will record an album in early 2025, then a 3rd leg is certain. With some changes. Both Maiden and Bruce will be busy next year too, but let's not forget Nickoh has expressed a desire to play other deep cuts live - and that can only happen with a brand new tour. Idk what to think about.

One of the new songs in the set is a new single.
I wouldn't rule out a new song in the set.
But, at this point, 3rd leg of TFP with some changes seems the most likely IMO (especially considering what Bruce has been saying in interviews).
He said they have plans until the end of 2026. That could mean a classic album tour for 2 years or a Hits tour for 2 years again (not 3). Maybe something new will indeed start next year, although everything points to a 3rd leg with changes.

At the moment TFP 2024 tour enda 7th Dec. When would they announce brand new tour. I think it's easier to advertise TFP tour than brand new tour (or brand new album tour - for that they already need to have album and enough time for preparations).

It's not that huge, actually. It has a 55.000 capacity for some artists, for Maiden it would be less due to the stage configuration (50.000). They did more than 50.000 people on both the 2016 and 2018 leg. A show like that would also be very intriguing for casual fans, just like most stadium shows.
I doubt they attract 50k in Italy but 40K is in cards, last year they played for over 35K. If Maiden would decide to play big stadiums they should invite some big names as crowd teaser: Slipknot for example. I think IM/Slipknot + Amon Amarth (or so) would be a deal!

I doubt they attract 50k in Italy but 40K is in cards, last year they played for over 35K. If Maiden would decide to play big stadiums they should invite some big names as crowd teaser: Slipknot for example. I think IM/Slipknot + Amon Amarth (or so) would be a deal!

Last year show was 30.000 according to the official numbers. But there are a lot of factors that explain this "decline" in terms of numbers for a single show (Milan 2013 was 40.000): the most important is that some of the locations they keep playing in Italy are some of the worst ever, especially the last one; if you look at italian fan pages or communities everyone who went is afraid they would come back there, and for good reason (as I said, shitty location, low volumes, complete terrible organization with people passing over from the heat since, for example, they didn't even create a single shadow zone). A lot of people knew that before so they simply avoided Milan to go to other shows (Ljubljana isn't that far away if you live in the north).

Especially now the promoter MUST do something acceptable, otherwise the show would end up with less than 20.000 people. Fans have been saying for decades Maiden should play in a stadium in Italy, since it's the closest thing to an arena show without the need to playing multiple nights. If they book, for example, San Siro Stadium on a saturday and they bring big special guests such as Amon Amarth or Sabaton there is no doubt they can sell out the place.

That being said, I doubt they will let them play in that venue. Too shady stuff going on. I think Olympic Stadium in Turin (35.000 capacity) is way more likely, even though I wouldn't rule out a 2nd stadium show somewhere else (there is a kind of new stadium in Udine which just recently has been booked for shows, the capacity shouldn't be higher than 25.000). Of course, it depends by the tour size of the band.

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner would be a MASSIVE STEP UP, regarding setlist, imo. :scared:

(paired with Powerslave - absolute ear/eye/and other types of -gasm)

Wouldn't read too much into it as of now as I doubt if John is informed about such distant future plans so much in advance.

But, if Bruce starts hinting it in interviews or during either tour... There is a chance.

We learned that everyone in the Maiden camp is instructed to tease Maiden plans at some point, remember the whole Belshazzar's Feast stuff and the teasing about Somewhere in Time in 2022. Bruce already started saying generic things ("there are songs we haven't been playing for years") anyway.

The fact that lead me to believe it's a tease it's that reel is so random. And with all the songs they played during LOTB he went to pick Rime?

Last edited:
We learned that everyone in the Maiden camp is instructed to tease Maiden plans at some point, remember the whole Belshazzar's Feast stuff and the teasing about Somewhere in Time in 2022. Bruce already started saying generic things ("there are songs we haven't been playing for years") anyway.

The fact that lead me to believe it's a tease it's that reel is so random. And with all the songs they played during LOTB he went to pick Rime?
I recon they do 50 Anni Tour covering all big markets - EU and both Americas 2025/2026 as their final tour with Nicko McBrain. They may use setlist with all career songs and an elaborated stage production especially for stadium size shows. Just my guessing but who knows?

I recon they do 50 Anni Tour covering all big markets - EU and both Americas 2025/2026 as their final tour with Nicko McBrain. They may use setlist with all career songs and an elaborated stage production especially for stadium size shows. Just my guessing but who knows?

Well the LOTB tour was pretty much that. Given that they most likely won't cover the 90s we can expect a tour like that or (maybe) a reunion era tour, although I don't know how it would work in a stadium context.

View attachment 34724

A stadium where Maiden played and Rime to go along. Coindence or the teasing hast started already?

(Posted by John McMurtire)
This is really curious and suspicious. We look for hints every time now. The hints game can begin, although we have 1 full year. Bruce will most likely tease something during the Maiden shows this year.
Well the LOTB tour was pretty much that. Given that they most likely won't cover the 90s we can expect a tour like that or (maybe) a reunion era tour, although I don't know how it would work in a stadium context.
Exactly. I don't think Maiden would have a problem with whatever setlist for a stadium tour. Even with the current one (half of the songs are classics singles; Hallowed will probably come back) or with some 90's songs. With the right Reunion songs, it could be a great hit.

Exactly. I don't think Maiden would have a problem with whatever setlist for a stadium tour. Even with the current one (half of the songs are classics singles; Hallowed will probably come back) or with some 90's songs. With the right Reunion songs, it could be a great hit.
Well they know they can't bring out deeper cuts only for a stadium tour. The Future Past is basically an arena tour almost everywhere after all.

The thing about "new" songs is that a lot of old people wouldn't go, but who knows what a younger crowd has to say about it. Next year is 25 years of Brave New World, so we might see Wicker Man as an opener again

Back