Bruce Dickinson

The chorus is some of the best singing Bruce has done in a long time (possibly since The Book Of Souls, the track).

First part of the solo gives me massive Adrian vibes.

Song is good (better than Afterglow) and somehow gives me some AC/DC vibes.

Last edited:
of course… and modern copies like Ghost for example… I liked them long time ago when they had a name Ghost BC gor legal issues… not interesting for me today… but SKUNKWORKS works for me all the time… and its pretty heavy & hard music with dark introspective lyrics
I mean, I have never ever heard anybody label Blue Öyster Cult as metal. I have heard it being labelled as hard rock a couple of times (usually "heavy rock", but never metal.

And regarding Rain on the Graves. This is a much better song than Afterglow. That is some fine singing there in the chorus.

The video is campy and cheesy but also fun. No complaints there.

Really didn't like the song. The only interesting part was the solo. I don't ever wanna hear anyone complain about repetition in Steve's songs. :D

I wasn't blown away after the first listen, but we'll see how it is after more listens. The video is much better than Afterglow IMO.

The vocals are quite good. There are a couple of spots with some wonky timing, something other recent recording have had as well. I'd love to know how many takes he recorded on average for the various songs.

Not really sure how I feel about the song yet! It's fun, I guess. The spoken word verses were a bit odd for me. Bruce sounds good in the chorus but I wish there was a bit more variation in the lyrics. Sounded like he was a bit out of time in one or two spots. Nice guitar solo from Roy Z.

The video is campy and cheesy but also fun. No complaints there.

Really didn't like the song. The only interesting part was the solo. I don't ever wanna hear anyone complain about repetition in Steve's songs. :D

The video is shockingly bad, but in a fun way.

The song sounds like some substandard Ghost-influenced material, with a great chorus that could have been written by Steve Harris himself, given how many times it is repeated. Roy’s solo is nice too.

Another mediocre song. Let’s hope the rest of the album is (much) better.

Poor William Blake must be turning in his grave…

The music is more hard-rock, softer than the dark depp occult stuff that we all fell in love with. I agree with the posters before me. But Bruce sounds so good. Here I also agree with the posters before me.
Video, I like much more than Ragnarok, but on the other hand Ragnarok is just fun to watch to be amazed by the sheer corn.
Melodies much easier to digest here, only time will tell how this will position itself in the context of the rest.
Super happy anyway, hey guys, we got a new Bruce fucking Dickinson song.

Hey actually my 3rd listen, I just like it. I think I like it in a way I like The Writing On The Wall, being simple but pleasant to listen to... if that makes sense to anyone.

Just watched it. Good video for sure. Something very different. It felt like I was watching a musical film (Eg - Across the Universe). Solo could’ve been a bit better. The overall melody has a strong Book of Thel vibe. The band looks great. I’d give the song a 7/10 and the video around the same. Gonna give it more listens today. Prolly the full day will hear this.

P.S. it’s 4:00 AM here and woke up just to hear this. Back to bed now.

Back