IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 2:
Sanctuary - 20 votes
Running Free - 19 votes
Iron Maiden - 19 votes
The Ides Of March - 18 votes

The Number Of The Beast joins the game!

Prowler, Strange World, Genghis Khan, Killers, Prodigal Son, Purgatory, Invaders, 22 Acacia Avenue, Gangland, Total Eclipse.

• Phantom, Transylvania, and Genghis Khan as holdovers from previous votes.
  • Children Of The Damned and Gangland as the songs which are 6/10 or lower on TNOTB, IMO.
  • Strange World, Killers, Purgatory, Invaders, and 22 Acacia Avenue as the weakest of the remaining 7/10 songs.

Remember Tomorrow
Phantom
A sad vote for Wrathchild
A sad vote for Murders in the Rue Morgue
Purgatory
Invaders
Children of the Damned
The Prisoner
Run to the Hills
Total Eclipse

I have to be honest, I think TNOTB is my least favourite album nowadays. It just doesn't connect with me like the later stuff. The one song I find myself liking more and more is Gangland.

Prowler, Remember Tomorrow, Wrathchild, Murders In The Rue Morgue, Prodigal Son, Invaders, Gangland, Total Eclipse

The debut and Killers are my two least favourite albums, not because they're bad, but simply because they're the most removed from the style of Maiden songs I enjoy. TNOTB is also rather low on my list, I simply prefer what came later. That said, I'll vote for Total Eclipse until it's gone. One of the few songs I actually hate with a passion.

Last edited:
Remember Tomorrow
Murders In The Rue Morgue
Genghis Khan
Prodigal Son
Invaders

Mine too. It’s a great album and a landmark metal album. But Maiden has surpassed it many times over. It’s probably in my bottom 5.
I probably wouldn't rank it near the top now, but bottom 5? TNOTB album! Only because of the 2 weak (by Maiden's standards) songs? The rest is classic material. It's definitely after top 5 for me.

The debut and Killers are my two least favourite albums, not because they're bad, but simply because they're the most removed from the style of Maiden songs I enjoy.
Maybe that's why Killers is my least favorite classic album (and overall) and I can like it and enjoy it. But with so many great albums, it happens. The Maiden style I like the most is from the Reunion era.

Remember Tomorrow — went from one of my least favorite songs to one that I enjoy; still one of the weakest on the debut.
Strange World — cool song but it repeats too much.
Killers — a bit overrated but I respect it, great riff.
Prodigal Son — cool ballad, not one of their best track though.
Purgatory — easily in the bottom 3 of Maiden’s whole catalogue.
Gangland — easily the weakest TNOTB song, but it’s not bad just a bit bland.

That's some stiff competition between the debut songs. 4 songs fighting over 2 spots, all currently with about equal votes, I really wonder how it's going to turn out!

Prowler
Transylvania
Strange World
Wrathchild
Genghis Khan
Prodigal Son
Invaders
Children of the Damned
Gangland

Could you just imagine if Phantom gets eliminated this early on?

Voted for Remember Tomorrow, Strange World, Genghis Khan, Killers, Purgatory, Invaders, Gangland and Total Eclipse.

Back