NOW PLAYING

New music from a band I saw supporting Cellar Darling recently. Yet to hear the rest of the new album, but it sounds like they've gone more melodic and are using a lot more clean vocals. Nice stuff.

Eliminator - Silent Stone

It sounds like classic Maiden! Reminds me of ''Deja-Vu''. The bass intro, the melodic riff, the delivery of the vocals in the verses (very Bruce-alike), the chorus and especially the melodies. Everything in this song is great, only a proper solo/s is missing. Scream at the end!
It could have been a Smith/Dickinson or Gers/Harris song. Thanks, @Jer :rocker:

A short fast song like this with the same structure, instrumental section/melodies and chorus would have suited Senjutsu just great imo.

I also listened to the whole album (great cover, btw) and I think it's a good album with a lot of Maidenesque melodies, which is cool. Steve should be proud. More variety in the vocals would have been for the better though. I will definitely be following this band. I might write a review for the album.

something better change.PNG
While I am an Iron Maiden fan at heart, my dads favourite band is The Stranglers and I like them a lot too, their former keyboardist Dave Greenfield died of COVID-19 2 years ago. He will be in heaven with Wilko Johnson now. Also of note, they played at the Top Hat Ballroom in 1978 with U2 as the Support Act and U2 and Bono actually stole alcohol from them because the lead singer refused to wear their badge.

You’re welcome, though @Edington was the one who originally brought the album to the board’s attention
Thanks, @Edington :ok:

Btw, another short fast song would have been a great fit in both TBOS and Senjutsu albums - it's also a way for Maiden to compensate the primarly longer stuff in their recent albums (especially in Senjutsu and AMOLAD) and thus to make albums with more than 10/11 songs. And some/many fans complain about not having enough fast songs after 2003.
Great performance! I really wanted ''Phantom Of The Opera'' to be part of the video. I've always liked Bruce's performance on it and Adrian's solo.

Back