Best guitar & equipment forum on the internet?

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Anybody an idea what is considered the best www forum on electric guitars, amps, equipment and gear? There's plenty of them, but can you people perhaps advise me one in particular? Thanks!! :)

Late reply, but I would avoid ultimate-guitar.com and Reddit r/guitar and r/guitarpedals if you don't already have your stuff down. Lots of very bad advice and weird bias there.

"Can I copy your homework?"
"Sure just change it up a bit so it looks different. Also, stick a questionable link in there"

Late reply, but I would avoid ultimate-guitar.com and Reddit r/guitar and r/guitarpedals if you don't already have your stuff down. Lots of very bad advice and weird bias there.
If you don't already have your things together, stay away from ultimate-guitar.com and the Reddit guitar and guitar pedals communities. There is a ton of bizarre bias and extremely lousy advise. Flappy Bird

I'm relatively new here, but I already feel at home! If you're looking for a place to geek out about guitars, this is it! Speaking of guitars, have you guys ever delved into the fascinating history of the guitar in standard tuning? It's mind-blowing how this tuning has shaped the music we love.

Indeed. I am all for riffing away with a capo, but I don't much like downtuned music. Just my personal taste. I do like some drop-D riffs, but lower than that and I'm usually out. As for the tuning itself, yeah... But it's the best compromise we'll ever get for playing chords comfortably. Open tunings would lead to a lot of stuff being unplayable, and so on.

If ever there was a thread to delete, this is it. DB created spam central right here. Holy hell.

Please do report suspected spam to moderators if you see it. We scan through the boards regularly but can miss things that look like genuine posters at first glance.

Where did I create spam in this thread? :blink:
Lol I didn't mean that you were creating spam, I meant that you created this thread which attracted almost entirely spam accounts.
  • goldfinchvapourer took Maturin's post and reworded it, probably through AI. Edington already noted this. Also added a random link for no reason to Flappy Bird? What does that have to do with guitars?

• TravisWhitaker's post is 100% AI generated. "Hey guys, you ever dug through the history of standard tuning? It's really interesting!" Proceeds to not go into any detail about the history of standard tuning. Instead, adds link to a site that talks about standard tuning but it's so shallow that there's no way a normal person would be as amazed by it as Travis clearly is. Also posts in the thread half a year after it was created.

• CarlaCole comes in a month later like the mayor's wife welcoming Travis despite having three posts to their name and... it's more AI generated nonsense with another random link added to drive traffic away from this site. "Welcome to the guitar-loving community!" This is MaidenFans. Who talks like this on MaidenFans? "It's awesome to hear that you're feeling at home here!" You're getting the wrong feelings then, ya robot. "And kudos for delving into the captivating history of standard tuning!" He didn't delve into jackshit! Even his article was basic as fuck! This is how I know you're not a human with any reading capability. Also the Bored Ape profile pic should provoke an instant ban IMO lol.

• Yesterday someone else bumped this thread half a year since the last post with more spam but Brig already took them down.
I'll report them like Brigantium asked but it's almost comical how one innocent thread asking about guitar forums brought out the robots from the woodworks. This chatGPT nonsense is gonna drive me up a wall lol.

Lol I didn't mean that you were creating spam, I meant that you created this thread which attracted almost entirely spam accounts.
  • goldfinchvapourer took Maturin's post and reworded it, probably through AI. Edington already noted this. Also added a random link for no reason to Flappy Bird? What does that have to do with guitars?

• TravisWhitaker's post is 100% AI generated. "Hey guys, you ever dug through the history of standard tuning? It's really interesting!" Proceeds to not go into any detail about the history of standard tuning. Instead, adds link to a site that talks about standard tuning but it's so shallow that there's no way a normal person would be as amazed by it as Travis clearly is. Also posts in the thread half a year after it was created.

• CarlaCole comes in a month later like the mayor's wife welcoming Travis despite having three posts to their name and... it's more AI generated nonsense with another random link added to drive traffic away from this site. "Welcome to the guitar-loving community!" This is MaidenFans. Who talks like this on MaidenFans? "It's awesome to hear that you're feeling at home here!" You're getting the wrong feelings then, ya robot. "And kudos for delving into the captivating history of standard tuning!" He didn't delve into jackshit! Even his article was basic as fuck! This is how I know you're not a human with any reading capability. Also the Bored Ape profile pic should provoke an instant ban IMO lol.

• Yesterday someone else bumped this thread half a year since the last post with more spam but Brig already took them down.
I'll report them like Brigantium asked but it's almost comical how one innocent thread asking about guitar forums brought out the robots from the woodworks. This chatGPT nonsense is gonna drive me up a wall lol.
Ah alrighty, got it. Thanks for clearing this up. :)

Back