LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said something before "Blood Brothers" about the pandemic being bullshit. I don't know exactly how he meant that. I hope he's not stupid enough to fall for the precautionary paradox
(the more effective measures are that interrupt an infectious event, the higher the likelihood that those very measures will seem unnecessary).
He's done that speech at every show on the tour.

I guess you can leave it open to interpretation whether he means what everyone had to go through, including Maiden having to cancel a whole tour was bullshit or if he's referring to the pandemic itself.

I've not seen any evidence that Bruce is a Covid denier but there's always been those rumours about Steve.

According to the Iron Maiden subreddit, there was someone in the crowd/moshpit with a loaded gun? It fortunately seems as if that person got ejected, but that's not any less fucked up.

My understanding is that in many American states it's legal to carry a weapon anywhere either concealed or otherwise. This is why I will never attend a show or any public event in that country.

I've not seen any evidence that Bruce is a Covid denier but there's always been those rumours about Steve.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but thinking back to an interview after Bruce got covid I think it's safe to say that Bruce is neither anti-vax, nor a covid denier.

My understanding is that in many American states it's legal to carry a weapon anywhere either concealed or otherwise. This is why I will never attend a show or any public event in that country.
I have attend too many shows and public events to count for 50+ years, mostly in Georgia which is supposed to be one of the "good ol' boy" states. Never one problem.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but thinking back to an interview after Bruce got covid I think it's safe to say that Bruce is neither anti-vax, nor a covid denier.
Lot of people also changed their opinion lately on covid so maybe he also changed.

But it is Bruce, for me I never found any of his spechess and rants interested.

Lot of people also changed their opinion lately on covid so maybe he also changed
Not to relitigate Bruce’s comments in Columbus but this idea of changing opinions is dicey ground.

It seems more and more people are changing their opinions on how the world responded, and from the other side of the pandemic (let’s hope) when AT THE TIME they felt very different. I’m not saying responses shouldn’t be questioned for betterment of / when this happens in the future, but it’s a little convenient to say the response was ‘over kill’ after the fact.

I mean a million people died in the U.S- when it started that number was unthinkable. And people were scared! Now this new nonchalance is a bit annoying.

Anyway….

I can’t wait to see them on Tuesday! (Stupid rant and all lol)

My partner and I are in DC awaiting Maiden’s start. The seats I purchased are the highest in the building and I did not expect them to be this steep, but oh well. Very excited!
I have a hockey friend there as well, also up in the nosebleeds.

I just noticed (wow) that part of TWOTW music video is showing on the screens during the intro of the song live (they did the same for SOL live).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back