TNOTB/BOH triple vinyl: Will you buy it or not?

TNOTB/BOH triple vinyl: Will you buy it or not?

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 68.3%

• Total voters
I will. I wanna support the band, and I love box sets. I’ve eaten up the Metallica ones. Of course, I get WAY more material with the Metallica ones, but this one’s still cool.
I think (hope?) when Maiden is no longer an active band (no touring) they will start releasing stuff from the vaults.

Of course there is a vault. They have almost everything recorded. Everyone does at their level

Would also love an official release of Ullevi 2005

I really don't understand what might be going in Maiden's (or their management or both) minds...I mean you just have to have a quick look around and when a band is about to celebrate a birthday of one of their most well-known albums they always do something special, some go for the big big thing with remastered songs, remix to go with all the different kind of audio systems there might be, dvd's or blu-ray with what might be available as videos or then high resolution audio. Then they add a 80-100 page book with all kinds of stuff, from new interviews, old ones, old articles, analysis of the songs, thoughts about the recording, the tour, new photos etc. Along with that might come also some memorabilia.
Of course some of these come with a cost that maybe not everybody might afford but at least it add something new to what is already available and known to everyone. In here what's new...ah ok Beast over Hammersmith in vinyl..and that's about it...ooops I forgot the "NEW" tracklisting that takes one song away. Ok, we all know Gangland isn't probably in nobody's Maiden top 10 or 20 but what's the point really????

I've been collecting Maiden stuff for almost 30 years and i'm always to buy everything that is released but with stuff like this, it might be one of the very first times that I'm not tempted at all because it's like they don't care at all with what they're doing, it's just "oh why bother, people will buy it"...anyway, I'm gonna go back to my Rush's Moving Pictures 40th anniversary boxset...because that's how you celebrate one of your most well-known albums!!!!
I have said it before but i think Maiden are a very lazy band when it comes to stuff like this. Im not saying they dont work hard but there seems very little effort in producing value for money. We all know the music is amazing, as are the live shows but they give us little else that other bands of their statue do. I think Rod is way behind the timed and out of touch with 'the kids'. He was great for Maiden in the 80's but i think he's been out if touch for a while now.

I have said it before but i think Maiden are a very lazy band when it comes to stuff like this. Im not saying they dont work hard but there seems very little effort in producing value for money. We all know the music is amazing, as are the live shows but they give us little else that other bands of their statue do. I think Rod is way behind the timed and out of touch with 'the kids'. He was great for Maiden in the 80's but i think he's been out if touch for a while now.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Exactly my thoughts!

I agree in spirit. I think it's less "laziness" on Maiden's part, it seems more like an antiquated point of view. And let's be honest: they're gonna sell ass loads so they're not gonna see that they could be doing more, because they're doing enough and almost anything they release these days gets solid reviews. And don't get me wrong: I totally purchased one. I'm the problem and I know it. But they're my favorite band and I'll buy nearly anything they put out. It doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see more though. The Metallica box set re-issues they've been doing for their records are phenomenal. Expensive, but you get a lot for that money. All kinds of out-takes, bsides, demos, art work, live shows, etc. I want more like that. I'm sure we all do.

And all that said, I'm still excited as fuck to put that Beast of Hammersmith vinyl onto my turntable and press play and then listen to it with my ears.

There is no Maiden vault. This is a band that once had to spit up "More Tea Vicar" just to come up with a B-side. Maiden records an album and releases all of it. They're not holding back.
Surely there are live recordings and videos. Would love to see an official release of Ullevi from 2005, for instance.
Of course there is a vault. They have almost everything recorded. Everyone does at their level

Would also love an official release of Ullevi 2005
Stuff from the 70s exists for sure too.

When it comes down to it, I really wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a vault. So far, after 40+ years, the closest thing they've ever released that I'd call "vault stuff" was the live shows from the Eddie's Archive box set. That's it. They've done tons of re-releases, including b-sides, but that's all stuff released prior at some point. Is there anything i'm missing that they actually released that we could call "from the vaults?"

EDIT: Also, folks, the 3LP Hammersmith set is only $49.99 right now at Amazon. If you're only reason for not getting it is the price, $50 bucks isn't terrible for what is a set of 2 different albums.

I agree in spirit. I think it's less "laziness" on Maiden's part, it seems more like an antiquated point of view. And let's be honest: they're gonna sell ass loads so they're not gonna see that they could be doing more, because they're doing enough and almost anything they release these days gets solid reviews. And don't get me wrong: I totally purchased one. I'm the problem and I know it. But they're my favorite band and I'll buy nearly anything they put out. It doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see more though. The Metallica box set re-issues they've been doing for their records are phenomenal. Expensive, but you get a lot for that money. All kinds of out-takes, bsides, demos, art work, live shows, etc. I want more like that. I'm sure we all do.

And all that said, I'm still excited as fuck to put that Beast of Hammersmith vinyl onto my turntable and press play and then listen to it with my ears.
I get your point and im toying with buying it myself because of BOH but i did resist buying the Senjutsu box set because it really wasnt value for money. There is plenty of great boxsets and deluxe editions of bands i love out there but they are out of my price range and i wont sacrifice paying bills and putting food on the table by lining these bands pockets when things dont need to be that highly priced.

I get your point and im toying with buying it myself because of BOH but i did resist buying the Senjutsu box set because it really wasnt value for money. There is plenty of great boxsets and deluxe editions of bands i love out there but they are out of my price range and i wont sacrifice paying bills and putting food on the table by lining these bands pockets when things dont need to be that highly priced.
I'll admit I don't usually buy boxsets strictly for the value. I have no desire to ever re-sell these items. It's mainly because i'm a collector and, i'll admit, if this triple LP was $100, i'd still buy it. I'm a terrible human being. :D

I'll admit I don't usually buy boxsets strictly for the value. I have no desire to ever re-sell these items. It's mainly because i'm a collector and, i'll admit, if this triple LP was $100, i'd still buy it. I'm a terrible human being. :D
Lol your not and to be fair if i had the money, despite what ive said, id be trawling ebay for everything Maiden i could get my hands on lol

I think it's fair to say I'd scoop any thing Maiden related in my price range, but i'd also definitely love to see them step up their game when it comes to bonus material and collector's item releases.

I think it's fair to say I'd scoop any thing Maiden related in my price range, but i'd also definitely love to see them step up their game when it comes to bonus material and collector's item releases.
A few years ago i made up a POM 1983 box set for my brothers birthday. I brought and put in the set POM on vinyl, the re issued cd album, The trooper and flight of icarus single, a POM tshirt, a few live bootlegs from '83 and Dortmund 83 on DVD. Didnt cost too much time and money to do. I did give it as a present but if id have charged maybe £80. My point being yes it wasnt all officiall nor was in a lovely presentation box but if i can do it than im sure the guys in Maiden towers can.

A few years ago i made up a POM 1983 box set for my brothers birthday. I brought and put in the set POM on vinyl, the re issued cd album, The trooper and flight of icarus single, a POM tshirt, a few live bootlegs from '83 and Dortmund 83 on DVD. Didnt cost too much time and money to do. I did give it as a present but if id have charged maybe £80. My point being yes it wasnt all officiall nor was in a lovely presentation box but if i can do it than im sure the guys in Maiden towers can.
That's a nice, thoughtful present. :)

Well fuck! My birthday is in January! I'll send you a list of all the boxes I want! :D

There is no Maiden vault. This is a band that once had to spit up "More Tea Vicar" just to come up with a B-side. Maiden records an album and releases all of it. They're not holding back.
Surely there are song demos and old takes lying around from already finished songs, though. Maybe not much post 1995, but certainly back in the Birch era.

I think the other piece is as much as the band is a business, the band also needs to make sure that everyone involved with it is still enjoying what they do. So they meander with beers because it keeps Bruce happy. Adrian plays guitar with what's his name because it keeps him happy. Steve does British Lion because it keeps him happy. Rod does enough merch to keep the train going and keep everyone paid. Seems to be working as they keep making music and touring.

Back