LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hear parts of it and it's not as bad as it was portrayed. Sure, using "unwoke" is pretty cringeworthy, but the underlying sentiment isn't malicious. It remindes me of Schiller's Ode to Joy (used for Beethoven's 9th) with the line "Alle Menschen werden Brüder" (All people become brothers). Both cases talk about all of humanity, regardless of gender, as becoming or being brothers. It's simply more poetic.

You can hear parts of it and it's not as bad as it was portrayed. Sure, using "unwoke" is pretty cringeworthy, but the underlying sentiment isn't malicious. It remindes me of Schiller's Ode to Joy (used for Beethoven's 9th) with the line "Alle Menschen werden Brüder" (All people become brothers). Both cases talk about all of humanity, regardless of gender, as becoming or being brothers. It's simply more poetic.
What do you mean you can hear parts of it? Or as it was portrayed? We’re you there by chance? The part that I was referring to isn’t in the video.

I’m not looking to cancel Bruce or some shit. It’s just been on my mind since the show and now to see it removed from the video makes it seem awfully suspect. Maybe more so than the original comment.

What do you mean you can hear parts of it? Or as it was portrayed? We’re you there by chance? The part that I was referring to isn’t in the video.

I’m not looking to cancel Bruce or some shit. It’s just been on my mind since the show and now to see it removed from the video makes it seem awfully suspect. Maybe more so than the original comment.
I watched the video at the time stamp you mentioned and the first word after the crossfade to the Blood Brothers section (at 18:38) is "unwoke", so I assumed that there wasn't much more before that point. What he said is definitiely pandering and unfortunately it panders to a mindset I don't respect at all (I'm all for inclusion and someone using "unwoke" unironically is embarassing themselves, in case my pov wasn't clear). Unless there was much more than that before the cut, I don't think it was that bad. I just hope this isn't a sign for things to come, regarding Bruce's views.

Last edited:
"[...] unwoke, totally fucking inclusive [can't make the word out], alright? Don't give me any shit about "what about sisters?" you're all fucking brothers! That's eaaasy, alright? We're Blood Brothers!"

Bruce says something stupid in a stage rant.

*shocked facial expression*
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Don't really understand the controversy about the 'unwoke' comment, he is being ironic and humorous. I saw at another show Bruce said 'I mean this in the most inclusive way, we are all blood brothers', he's just poking fun at the fact that obviously it's not only men in the crowd. People are acting like he is going on a tirade about cancel culture halfway through the set.

Don't really understand the controversy about the 'unwoke' comment, he is being ironic and humorous. I saw at another show Bruce said 'I mean this in the most inclusive way, we are all blood brothers', he's just poking fun at the fact that obviously it's not only men in the crowd. People are acting like he is going on a tirade about cancel culture halfway through the set.
This.

Like I said, it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. It's still incredibly cringeworthy and I'm not liking the direction. It's in stark contrast to the BB rants on the TBOS tour.

Don't wanna open any can of worms here, as far as I'm concerned there isn't much to discuss about this, so I'm done with this topic at least.

100% this. Some here are making a whole political statement out of one spoken word. Political statement which.... did not exist there. I suppose Dickinson would have had a good laugh at the debate on this topic and how seriously some people take such bullshit. I say this as a man with strongly liberal views - some of you are overreacting.
Even the interview someone linked before, in which Dickinson talks about his views, does not position him as some kind of extreme right-winger. I probably don't agree with his views either (I'm rather left-wing) but let's not make him out to be an extreme guy. And let's not exclude anyone just because we have different political views. This is so on the matter of inclusivity. Unless one is some kind of far-right (or far-left) nutjob. Which Dickinson clearly is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back