Pink Floyd

I don't think Nick Mason is interested. I've read something on that trail but can't remember what it was.

Nick Mason has said he'd do it, I think something along the lines of "my bags are packed", but it definitely is the other two. Roger less so, David has washed his hands of the Floyd name officially.

Nick Mason is bringing his show to North America next year.

March 12 – Vancouver, BC @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre
March 13 – Seattle, WA @ The Paramount
March 15 – San Francisco, CA @ The Masonic
March 16 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
March 19 – Phoenix, AZ @ Comerica Theatre
March 21 – Denver, CO @ Paramount Theatre
March 24 – Dallas, TX @ The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
March 25 – Houston, TX @ Jones Hall for the Performing Arts
March 27 – Miami Beach, FL @ Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
March 29 – Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle
March 31 – St. Louis, MO @ Stifel Theatre
April 1 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Riverside Theater
April 3 – Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
April 4 – Chicago, IL @ The Chicago Theatre
April 5 – Indianapolis, IN @ The Old National Centre
April 7 – Columbus, OH @ Palace Theatre
April 8 – Akron, OH @ Akron Civic Theatre
April 9 -Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
April 11 – Buffalo, NY @ Shea’s Performing Arts Center
April 12 – Wallingford, CT @ Oakdale Theatre
April 13 – Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theatre
April 15 – Montreal, QC @ Place des Arts
April 16 – Toronto, ON @ Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
April 18 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
April 22 – Washington, DC @ DAR Constitution Hall

Here is a multi-cam video of his entire show from September 3rd in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Well, I'd say that for most of the listening population the second half drags, because the band kinda got into that cabaret shit too much (and I love cabaret shit, I love Ezrin and everything ... but many people don't).
I mean, the build-up is great, but then it gets drowned in Vera, Bring the Boys, Show Must Go On, Stop, Outside the Wall and even The Trial (I like it, but I understand everybody who hates it). Also, Run Like Hell is the first of their melodyless, proto-"The Edge" bullshit they'd keep repeating throughout the rest of their career, because Gilmour for some inexplicable reason fell in love with the style. And In the Flesh repeats the opener from the first disc with the ridiculously long intro added.

Also, the concept is definitely the most particular/specific of them all and it's kinda love-it-or-hate-it in general. I mean, if you're not Waters or you're over 15, the concept is way too highbrow to work as pure cheese (like Tommy) and too shallow and adolescent to truly amaze you.
Yes, the bile RW can build up within him is somewhat fascinating, but it's in the other albums also - Have a Cigar is still my favourite put-down of all things corporate (not just music), with lines like "It's a helluva start // It could be made into a monster // If we all pull together as a team..."

I seriously dislike WYWH (the song), but Shine On is wonderful and emotional, much higher emotion- and musicwise than anything on The Wall and the psychologically haunting, detached creepiness of Welcome to the Machine beats even Is There Anybody... and Nobody Home (although the latter's close). Have a Cigar is a cool, funky rocker (of which TW has ... Young Lust, I guess?) whose lyrics I already praised, so even the overplayed and overrated and sappy WYWH doesn't spoil it for me.

Like I said, my favourite is Animals, though, despite the fact that the album also gets progressively kinda weaker towards the end.

And saying all the above, I admit that DSOTM has some serious problems - there's like one song in four versions (Breathe, its reprise, Any Colour and - let's admit it, kinda Time as well), two songs are complete throwaways (Speak to Me and the annoying On the Run), the closer is just a leftover outtake that managed to fit concept-wise, so it's nothing to write home as well.

Still, Brain Damage, Time, the irresistible groove of Money, for me especially Us and Them and for many people The Great Gig also (I'm a bit more reserved towards that one) is stronger than almost anything on TW, apart from Nobody's Home, Mother, Comfortably Numb and possibly even Hey You. Plus I like the overall vibe more, myself.

The Wall works (if it does) as a whole work, the songs themselves are IMHO kinda weaker than on the rest of their 70s discography. Some people might take that into account as well.

Last edited:
Waters to make a pro-Putin song now?
Gilmour isn't very happy...:jedi:
A week before Russia invaded Ukraine, Waters told an interviewer on Russia Today that talk of a Russian invasion was “bullshit ... anybody with an IQ above room temperature knows [an invasion] is nonsense”; he has subsequently condemned the invasion calling it “the act of a gangster”, while also condemning “propaganda to demonise Russia”. It’s a subject on which Gilmour won’t be drawn. “Let’s just say I was disappointed and let’s move on. Read into that what you will.”

His foreign policy takes will forever be demented. But I'm not going to turn down seeing that angry bitter but forever entertaining octogenarian for a third and probably final time.

His foreign policy takes will forever be demented. But I'm not going to turn down seeing that angry bitter but forever entertaining octogenarian for a third and probably final time.

Whilst I do not agree with some of his opinions, he also says some very reasonable things that are spot on and not usually reported by mainstream media. I am seriously considering getting a ticket for his London show, although I am waiting to see when other banda are touring to avoid clashes.

Back