Iron Maiden pictures

View attachment 21598
August 7th 1983
"At the 7 August show in Indianapolis, a model who had recently been voted "Miss Metal" as part of a radio promotion was invited on-stage during "22 Acacia Avenue". She danced around vocalist Bruce Dickinson in a bikini, knee-high boots, long PVC gloves, holding a whip and had handcuffs hanging from her belt. After she'd finished dancing, Dickinson went up to her and ripped her top off, leaving her topless in front of the crowd. Dickinson was arrested after the show and was eventually sued by the young woman; the lawsuit was later settled out of court."
Wow, it seems that long ago they were real rock stars, if You know what I mean. :D

View attachment 21186
This is a picture from Kuusrock, Oulu 19.07.1980 which was the very first show by Iron Maiden in Finland.
Just some time ago I read a book international heavy bands shows in Finland (during the 80's), with some recollections of the fans and journalists and etc trivia and pics. In the book they mentioned that Eddie was painted on front of the stage. Eddie was painted on 2 particle boards which then were connected together. As it was pretty low height, so only the persons near the stage saw it. The Eddie was similar to the cover of the debut album and the eyes had spotlights which lighted up during the song Iron Maiden (most likely). There's only few pictures that have been seen, but if I come across to some better I willl share it here. In the book it's being mentioned that they stored the Eddie in storage room, but later on they found out it had disappeared and nowhere to be found.
Awesome picture! I have only seen black and white pics of this gig and never with the almost entire Eddie face in the front. Is there any chance you tell us the name of the book?

Awesome picture! I have only seen black and white pics of this gig and never with the almost entire Eddie face in the front. Is there any chance you tell us the name of the book?
There's few different pictures around but I think this one that I posted has one of the best views of the front Eddie. Too bad there ain't video available but if I come across any other interesting, I will share it here.

That particular picture is not from the book actually, it's from Facebook-group that has pictures and memories posted about shows played here in Finland:
From that page, if you search you look and see different pictures from different shows done in Finland and author of the book is one of the administrators aswell. The pics posted are from someone's own collections and I think there's some really good ones that haven't been published or seen anywhere else.

Anyways, I don't know if there will be any translations (besides the original Finnish) but the book is called "Scream For Me Finland!" written by Mikael Huhtamäki.
There's surely not much interest to people living elsewhere reading this but perhaps they could have written the book in english aswell?).
The Maiden part in the book is roughly 31 pages and contains total of 11 pictures from the shows, little adds and stuff like that.
It tells memories and little info regarding each show and if there's been any audio recording available, then the author has described them too.
There's few pictures from the particular Kuusrock-show available on the internet and in this book there's few really good pictures (1 from each show) from Kuusrock 1980, Helsinki 1983, Helsinki 1984, Helsinki 1986 and Helsinki 1988.
I can provide some scans like pics from the Maiden-shows if you or anybody else wants to see them.

Last edited:
There's few different pictures around but I think this one that I posted has one of the best views of the front Eddie. Too bad there ain't video available but if I come across any other interesting, I will share it here.

That particular picture is not from the book actually, it's from Facebook-group that has pictures and memories posted about shows played here in Finland:
From that page, if you search you look and see different pictures from different shows done in Finland and author of the book is one of the administrators aswell. The pics posted are from someone's own collections and I think there's some really good ones that haven't been published or seen anywhere else.

Anyways, I don't know if there will be any translations but the book is called "Scream For Me Finland!" written by Mikael Huhtamäki.
The Maiden part in the book is roughly 31 pages and contains total of 11 pictures from the shows, little adds and stuff like that.
It tells memories and little info regarding each show and if there's been any audio recording available, then the author has described them too.
There's few pictures from the particular Kuusrock-show available on the internet and in this book there's few really good pictures (1 from each show) from Kuusrock 1980, Helsinki 1983, Helsinki 1984, Helsinki 1986 and Helsinki 1988.
I can provide some scans like pics from the Maiden-shows if you or anybody else wants to see them.
Hi @PhantomOfTheOpera I would love scans of the book! The more the merrier for me!

Welcome back Luisma!!!
Thanks mate! I've been away quite some while because work on my upcoming book (this time an actual hard back book) it's been mad. I have interviewed so many people involved with Maiden and fact checked so many things that I had to dedicate more time that I thought I would.

Thanks mate! I've been away quite some while because work on my upcoming book (this time an actual hard back book) it's been mad. I have interviewed so many people involved with Maiden and fact checked so many things that I had to dedicate more time that I thought I would.
I’d like to hear about that book.

I’d like to hear about that book.
Well, in order to not stray away from the thread just gonna drop some words about it. Is the sort of real story of the band (not a mere repetition of what the Maiden PR machine have told us). The period covered will be 1973-1990. Some of the people I have interviewed or that have helped me with fact checking are: Dave Smith, Paul Sears, Dennis Wilcock, Keith Wilfort, Steve Lazarus, Dennis Stratton, Dave Lights and Neal Kay. There's also a few surprises which I will reveal once the book goes intro printing BUT the most recent interviews come from people who worked in Jersey between 83-86. On a final note, there's also gonna be some never before seen pictures of the band.

Welcome back @Luisma ! It´s been ages you posted here! :eek:
Thank you mate! Well, as I said earlier. I have been incredibly busy with the research-writting of the book. Not only I have been interviewing people myself and fact checking but also going through a crazy amount of press clippings from 1975 onwards. The book is currently on the hands of the proof reader and once I have the edited version it goes to design :)

Back