• Piece Of Mind

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Okay - TXF out, TFF still in...

... and I'll keep it short this time & I guess this is a mean one:

SENJUTSU vs. PIECE OF MIND today!!! ---> The better album???

Come on you Irons! :edmetal:

Again 24 hours time to vote, poll results again can't be viewed before having voted, once casted vote cannot be changed, poll will be closed after 24 hours for then the next comparison will start.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<<<Still in the game: A Matter Of Life And Death, The Book Of Souls, Brave New World, The Final Frontier>>>>
<<<<Already out: Killers, Dance Of Death, The Number Of The Beast, The X Factor>>>>

This one is fucking brutal. SiT is my favorite by them, but these are 2nd and 3rd favorites and the order seems to shift by whichever one I listened to most recently. Crap.

My favorites change all the time. While I absolutely love Senjutsu and feel IMO it's the best reunion album today I must say Piece of Mind is better...

Senjutsu is very good. Piece of Mind is in a medal winning position.

Iron Maiden should definitely write more scientifically improbable songs about men living alongside dinosaurs.questing for things.

Last edited:
Both are great albums overall with some killer tracks and some lesser ones, but Piece Of Mind has more merely OK songs on it (e.g. “Quest For Fire” and “To Tame A Land”) while Senjutsu has the 1-2 masterpiece knockout of “The Parchment” and “Hell On Earth”. Gotta go with Senjutsu.

To Tame A Land is "merely OK"? :oops:
Yep. Never cared for the song much. Terrible phrasing on the verse, generally uninspired. “The Parchment” is the song “To Tame A Land” tried and failed to be.

Any requests and wishes for an upcoming round btw? Next will be about to compete two out of these:
Virtual XI, FOTD, PS, IM, SIT, SSOASS, NPFTD.

Last edited:
The run of "Where Eagle Dare" through to "Still Life" is unparalleled in Maiden's discography, but PoM tanks quite hard in its last three songs. Senjutsu is the opposite, less consistent in its first half then takes a massive step up in the second. For the first run alone I'll give this to Piece of Mind, but this was another incredibly tough call.

Back