Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I'm preparing myself for Rockfest next weekend, Maiden plays there too. I bought a new biker jacket today, because the old one was broken. I also got black jeans, I'm used to wear skinny ones for concert, but I'm considerably bigger than on my previous gig so I bought ones that are very wide and probably look more flattering now.

I'd like to see British Lion but they play Friday at 3.30 PM and there's no way I can make that after my workday. So, it's Megadeth on Friday and Maiden on Saturday for me.

My Maiden gig is also uncertain, because after being well since 2019, I developed cold symptoms. Can be corona, but I won't find out because I don't have a home test. The health authorities In Finland recommend you won't go anywhere if you have symptoms, so if I don't get better, it's possible I have to give the festival next weekend a miss. I'm feeling much better now though, so I hope I can go.

My Maiden gig is also uncertain, because after being well since 2019, I developed cold symptoms. Can be corona, but I won't find out because I don't have a home test. The health authorities In Finland recommend you won't go anywhere if you have symptoms, so if I don't get better, it's possible I have to give the festival next weekend a miss. I'm feeling much better now though, so I hope I can go.
Now I'm feeling worse and I can't sleep. Symptoms that come and go can definitely be corona. It's possible I can't make it to the gig. Damn, I'm not often sick, so my timing was pretty bad!

How come? Do all their dates clash with other things?

Well, I had plans for four Maiden gigs:
27.06. in Holland had to be cancelled because this was in the only available time slot for a much-needed family beach holiday.
04.07. in Berlin is shortly after the return from that holiday and remains the only date still possible, but I would be going alone. By now, Maiden gigs to me are more about meeting the people than the gig itself, so that's kind of lame.
13.07. in Sofia is in the middle of a work week and in the hot phase of the current project, and I can't justify just travelling then, especially since I had just been on a holiday.
22.07. in Göteborg is much the same as the 13th, even though it's on a Friday - but travel costs are prohibitively expensive.

That's true, going alone can be boring. Watching the actual performance can be ok, but going to the venue and waiting less so.

It's not looking good for me going to the festival on Friday, because I'm not better. I don't think I can walk several kilometers In the rain only 2 days from now. Say hi to Maiden for me, those of you that are seeing them this summer!

Back