LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos for keeping the two Blaze songs.

Call me a cynic, but I guess Bruce finds it much easier to sing those than some of the songs they have dropped (e.g., Where Eagles Dare, For The Greater Good of God, The Evil That Men Do or even The Wicker Man and 2 Minutes to Midnight).

IMHO, the show looks really good but the setlist is very odd, with just a couple of up-tempo songs during the first half of the set (Stratego and Flight of Icarus). It could go down like a fart in two-man submarine at many gigs. I know many people who are not happy about getting this show instead of what they thought they would be getting when they bought their tickets before the pandemic.

Last edited:
Well, after the Romania date they will have several days until the next gig. I suppose if they decide to make some adjustments to the show this would be the time to do it.
24 hours later my opinion is that they need to figure out what to do with Aces high. Everything else was perfect or great. I was so suprised how well Revelations and Blood brothers worked great one after another. Whole arena went nuts on both songs. Even my wife who is not maiden fan lost her voice on BB, amazing thing. It looks that Aces is in set only because of the spitfire replica. My opinion is that they need to drop Aces high and put another rocker in main set, maybe bring back wickerman after Blood brothers before SOTC. That's just my opinion!

Call me a cynic, but I guess Bruce finds it much easier to sing those than some of the songs they have dropped (e.g., Where Eagles Dare, For The Greater Good of God, The Evil That Men Do or even The Wicker Man and 2 Minutes to Midnight).

IMHO, the show looks really good but the setlist is very odd, with just a couple of up-tempo songs during the first half of the set (Stratego and Flight of Icarus). It could go down like a fart in two-man submarine at many gigs (I know many people who are not happy about getting this show instead of what they thought they would be getting when they bought their tickets before the pandemic).
man I just dread only seeing where eagles dares and 1 song of AMOLAD live once, i really needed to see this again after all this covid bulshit

Bruce is so amazing that he had long Covid well before we even knew about the virus. Fatigue, out or breath... Rock in Rio 2019 perhaps?
Was it said he had some sort of throat infection during that time? That would explain his performance in Mexico for the live album recordings.

So glad he’s okay now but it just sucks he got throat cancer.

I honestly think the band themselves had no idea where to place aces. It comes across it was just placed last to give the crowd the spitfire Bruce keeps talking about but it's completely out of place loses its impact and just doesn't work.

I'm sure they would just drop it if they could.who knows maybe they may before the American leg

Where Eagles Dare for sure! FTGOG is also hard. Now TWM and 2MTM are as easy as the Blaze tunes for Bruce to nail.

MHO, the show looks really good but the setlist is very odd, with just a couple of up-tempo songs during the first half of the set
Yup... the Aces High/ Trooper/ Clansman should be placed at least after the Senjutsu sequence (IMO it should open the set but then again it's their call)

Where Eagles Dare for sure! FTGOG is also hard. Now TWM and 2MTM are as easy as the Blaze tunes for Bruce to nail.

Yup... the Aces High/ Trooper/ Clansman should be placed at least after the Senjutsu sequence (IMO it should open the set but then again it's their call)
I'm coming around to the Senjutsu theme coming after Aces set opening. But as someone else pointed out perhaps there would be too much of a delay trying to set up the Senjutsu world as opposed to tearing it down? Or is it simply Bruce thinking Senjutsu is a cool way to start the show? Take your pick

I'm coming around to the Senjutsu theme coming after Aces set opening. But as someone else pointed out perhaps there would be too much of a delay trying to set up the Senjutsu world as opposed to tearing it down? Or is it simply Bruce thinking Senjutsu is a cool way to start the show? Take your pick
Yup it would be more suitable to place that sequence after TWOTW.

Open the show with it, place it after the Senjutsu sequence... but DROPPING IT??? WTF???
like I said I think its only in there to give the legacy crowd that brought tickets in 2019 the spitfire, im sure they would have dropped it had that not been a fan favorite to see it, hence the odd placing not really knowing what to do with it.

I cant see them opening with it , would look out of place with the senjutsu theme set up, they were better off having the war theme after the Senjutsu songs,

Last edited:
can you imagine setting up the senjutsu theme after one song then tearing it down after ? it would have massive delays aha

Fuck it is immposible to stay out of spoilers before Belgrade show.

I unfollow all metal profiles but alghorithm ruined everything. My YT wall is full of "recommendations" videos from Zagreb and Croatian internet portals covered very well show tonight, so I know what I can except in Belgrade
If you use YouTube in a browser, you can hide your entire recommendations screen with the DF YouTube extension.

like I said its only in there to give the legacy crowd that brought tickets in 2019 the spitfire, im sure they would have dropped it had that not been a fan favorite to see it
I cant see them opening with it it would look out of place with the senjutsu theme set up, they were better off having the war theme after the Senjutsu songs,
I don't see why they can't alter the logistics to do Aces high and then the senjutsu ones, again completely out of place, they should've just played stratego and WOTW somewhere in the middle of the set or the encore and just do the legacy as originally intended.
Why the need to push the album opener for this tour? I would 10000% prefer to see it in its glory of the full album tour.
But coming to the real world where these wacky decisions exist, the best way to rectify it if they still absolutely need to do senjutsu as openers is to immediately follow with aces high and rest of the set

I was saying have Aces, Trooper, Clansman....then Senjutsu...then the Religion theme.
Because its taking them a while to strip down the Senjutsu stage, anyway I see no reason why they cant have the spitfire up there ready to go at the same time, they should have just kept the war theme before Religion, went into aces song 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back