LEGACY OF THE BEAST WORLD TOUR 2022 - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a change in the cathedral set - the decor with the Eddies (not the ones in the stained glass windows) is outlined more prominent than in 2018/2019. It looks much better.

Attachments

• rtth 22.png
    rtth 22.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 44
You do realise who is the person who has the final say on anything released by Maiden, don't you?
Yes, Steve... Maybe on the artistic side... But on the business side it's some other people and the conferences made by Bruce about economics and business can show who is the most competent on the business side... Steve is more an artist than a CEO... That's why he did let the business side to Rod Smallwood... And because Rod is retired, the company followed up and maybe Bruce, who is a CEO, is a consultant for the Maiden company... Who knows ?

Mixed feelings on Aces High there. Bruce is playing it safe and not reaching for notes thst he's not going to hit which is good imo. But it's definitely lost a huge amount of energy as the band are clearly knackered.

I really think it would be best 4th, giving Bruce the 3 Senjutsu songs as a warm up, and then they can really kick into the classics. It might not be possible to remove the Senjutsu staging and get the spitfire up in one gap though.

Ok, have to check some recordings later. I've usually listened to various shows from the tours so far, but for LOTB 2018 (first leg especially) I only have watched the 2 Helsinki shows that I was at and also some other early shows around that time. Not sure why, but I tend to stick to those 2 because it's nice to remember those nights and feel the emotions.
Check this one. :)

Yes, Steve... Maybe on the artistic side... But on the business side it's some other people and the conferences made by Bruce about economics and business can show who is the most competent on the business side... Steve is more an artist than a CEO... That's why he did let the business side to Rod Smallwood... And because Rod is retired, the company followed up and maybe Bruce, who is a CEO, is a consultant for the Maiden company... Who knows ?

Steve has the final say on everything.

Steve has the final say on everything.
I have no doubt about it... But he can't do everything on every side both artistically and on the business... Nevertheless, if he chose to have less quality on some products, that's a real problem for his business... As a lot of fans complain about the quality of 'Senjutsu' shirts, others about the sound of 'Nights Of The Dead' and 'Senjutsu', etc... It shows that Steve should let some other people decide for him about the quality of the merchandising and the records, that he should delegate some decisions to the people who are competent in this or that field... This could restore the image of the products with fans... Not to mention that it could lower the price of said products that are too expensive (the hoodies, the shirts, the boxes)...

Last edited:
Check this one. :)
Thanks alot, I will put this to my bookmarks. There was someone some time ago talking and mentioning some LOTB show from 2019 with good quality, Im not sure but it most likely was this. I only briefly checked it then and so far I think this might be the same show. I have to check it more carefully but I guess it's the same one. Drop me some messages or mention any worthwhile recordings (both audio or video) from any tours to the dedicated thread: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/the-essential-bootlegs.42510/ If there's anything to add.

Whilst it is a long tour, I notice that there are very few back to back show days and quite a lot of two day breaks. Hopefully this will allow Bruce to manage and maintain his voice effectively. It seems like consecutive shows without rest really take their toll on a singer.

From a selfish perspective I am also glad to see the UK date at Download is 4 days after the previous show so the band should be well rested and ready to give a great performance for the home crowd.

Thanks alot, I will put this to my bookmarks. There was someone some time ago talking and mentioning some LOTB show from 2019 with good quality, Im not sure but it most likely was this. I only briefly checked it then and so far I think this might be the same show. I have to check it more carefully but I guess it's the same one. Drop me some messages or mention any worthwhile recordings (both audio or video) from any tours to the dedicated thread: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/the-essential-bootlegs.42510/ If there's anything to add.
OK, no problem. ;) And, de nada. :)

There are also demons in the windows during TNOTB.
They were there in 2018/2019 too.

Speaking of the stage set, I don't like that the Cathedral theme and the War theme are with the same decor (after Senjutsu realm, the Cathedral decor is until the end of the show). They should have used the camouflage again.

Interesting to follow, will there be any tiny changes or stuff moved in the next few dates.
I would say if there was slight chance of setlist change it would happen on the 2nd date, but I think the current setlist is written in the stone and won't be changing around. Metal Hammer even forgot to mention the last played song in their article.

Couldn't agree more. It's not just the bad vocal takes, it's the awful sound quality. I'm talking a piss poor mix, amateur hour stuff. There are rookie level mistakes on there such as the crowd audio being out of phase with the stage recording.

I can't believe they thought it good enough for an official release.
Yeah the sound quality is really the biggest issue. I would be okay with a sick Bruce like what we got on the record if the sound quality was fire. It is not. It sounds like dogshit. The band should have been LAZIER and just taken the straight audio, undoctored, bootleg quality, and pressed that on the record and you would have gotten 3x the mix they fucking gave us. It’s so stupid.

I don't know exactly why they phoned in Night of the Dead and, to a certain extent, Book of Souls: Live Chapter, but it's clear they just don't care anymore.
And the difference between the two is that TBOSLC is fun and felt like a nice tour summation gift. NOTD feels like “yeah we ain’t releasing shit from this leg fuck that.” … “Huh, concerts are being postponed.” … “Huh, we’re not playing this year.” … “Can we get a record done in a week so it seems like we’re doing shit during lockdown? Yeah and get Bruce to give a speech in front of his pinball machine that only two percent of people in this economy are able to afford. Yeah, and say that he’s in the studio with Steve just for shits and giggles lmao rofl lololol high five we’re makin money bois. Another Trooper!!!”

The backdrop for Blood Brothers should have been with BNW Eddie. Come on, guys.

I disagree about that. :p Brave New World Eddie makes for a beautiful backdrop, but the cathedral set and the stained glass background looks a lot better in my opinion. As it was with For the Greater Good of God, the stage and the lights are very beautiful during Blood Brothers. :)

--

I really like The Trooper and The Clansman in the encore. I've been saying for years that if they must keep playing The Trooper, it wouldn't hurt to move it a little bit. The Book of Souls tour was a good, very welcome twist in that department with that very refreshing encore and there's a little bit of that going on here as well.

As for Aces High, it's a brilliant idea on paper to end the show on a high note, but I can see the worries people have about it. We shall see...

I got no problem with the setlist, but it was both strange but also fresh to see The Clansman among the encores. I think anyways, it's good to move some of the more staple songs around and so The Trooper also gets any energy as first encore.
Feels weird that some albums don't have any songs in the setlist (especially anything from SSOASS and SIT), but surely they must make some room to add other and new songs, so due to limitations some album aren't presented at all.

I'm on my phone, and I don't have spell checker and I'm also a bit hangover....

The Beast is back and it feels so good to write this and it felt even better witnessing it. Hearing 'Doctor, Doctor' over PA is one of the best feeling a Maiden member can experience. During his only speech (!) Bruce said they're going to erase past 3 years and he wasn't wrong. Although I'm a glass-half-full guy, I had my reservations about this tour, so seeing sold-out arena last night was a sight for sore eyes.

When Senjutsu (album) came out I immediately said title track doesn't feel as an opener. Luckily, I was wrong. I conpletely lost my shit when I saw those towers rising and first bang/chord set the whole audience on fire. Those saying Senjutsu as an opener doesn't work - go and feel it live, you'll change your mind.

By the time WOTW ended, my excitement only grew (although it is my least favourite) and my friend said: 'God, I wish they just continue with the whole thing.' And they should've, or at least, that's what I wanted. Instead, it went kind of a topsy-turvy.

I mean, seeing walk-out Eddie on first song, seeing pyro on SOTC as a 6th song makes you wonder: "Hoy shit,they're throwing their aces in pretty early. What else do they have in store?!" Answer was: nothing new.

And here a word about this 'worlds' of theirs. In 2018, it was a good idea which got watered down as gig went. War? Ok. Religion? Yeah. Hell?! To me, it seems so vague topic for a band like Maiden. Like saying Pink Floyd has a 'trippy' world or Rammstein has a 'fiery' world. No shit. The later songs in the set didn't have some thread connecting them, and it's even more obvious now (To me. -Don't foget, this whole post is written as an opinion, not a fact.)

Change between sets took too long, and with the band behind the stage, it makes you feel detached from the show. To average concert goer, I believe it has some elements of mystery. To people who saw them on the previous tour, it seemed....

OK, this is not the part: Oh look, fanboy saw them dozen times and now moans about classics, hurr-durr. No. There was a huge chunk of hits last night and I enjoy them. I can't remember when was the last time I played FOTD, but when it came, I loved it. But when you wait, in silence, looking at backdrops and the rest of the stage being changed and you KNOW immediatelly what song is next and there's nobody on stage... There's something missing there. FFS Bruce, just speak! Say something! It doesn't have to be something cool or smart (it usually wasn't) but at least I knew they're there. I smiled when Bruce tripped over steps during Trooper, not becuase I find people falling funny, but because it was one of the rare moments that felt genuine and not rehearsed.

Speaking of them personally - they're great. I have seen them at the exact same place almost 4 years ago and they haven't aged a day. Forget those overweight Davey pics, videos of Nicko's shaking hands, clips of Bruce straining. They're the same Iron Maiden we knew and love. Steve is still shooting at the first row, Jan is prancing, Adrian is still cool as fuck. Just seeing them six and the stage was enough for me to have a good time, but still, I have to get back at the setlist.

It's weird. Apart from Senjutsu, I didn't notice any coherence in those 'worlds'. If they said:"We are going to tease some Senjutsu and then we're going ti play some hits" I'd be fine. This however, looks like an extra hassle without some bigger benefit. After SOTC, next part felt like cuddling after premature ejaculation. It's good, but you know... It could've been better.

And encore is even weirder. Don't really care about the Trooper and the way they came with it made me care even less. Clansman was good but at a completely wrong place. And I have to take my hat off for that second encore, never experience it from them, it was a great suprise - but the audience was drenched at that ppont. I felt like the only guy jumping in the circle of a hundred people. It's like: "Oh look, we forgot to show you our huge inflated Spitfire!" but the people were like "Yeah, good for you but I have to go home now, job, kids and so on, it getting late..."

Merch is better than those they have in webstore, there are some more shirts and those they have in webstore are a bit different on merch stands (there's also name of the cities, not only countries listed) But shirts were 300 HRK and jersey was 700 HRK (I just can't bother looking what's that in pounds and dollars. You have a Google, use it.)

All in all, it was a good experience, especially when there was a moment in past 3 years when I thought "Damn, I might've seen Maiden for the last time and I didn't even knew it". But, this was one of those gigs where one was enough. (Usually, after a Maiden gig, I immediatelly go check rest of the dates, wishing to see them again - and sometimes I did.) Last night was not one of those nights. But did it made me even more hyped for possible future Senjutsu tour? Definitely. Say you'll play the whole thing live and put any price you want - I'll be there with my "Shut up and take my money" meme in a heartbeat.

But I did have a good time last night and I hope all of you planning to see them have and even better time. Pics taken from my potato in the next post.

It might not be possible to remove the Senjutsu staging and get the spitfire up in one gap though.
This is probably the reason.
The Book of Souls tour was a good, very welcome twist in that department with that very refreshing encore and there's a little bit of that going on here as well.
True (not to mention that 4 songs are there), but they have to change the position of Aces High, it's a tough song for Bruce, whether or not he is doing high vocals in the chorus. Run To The Hills is the perfect closer for LOTB tour (with the pyro at the end).

The encores for TBOS tour were better imo.
Feels weird that some albums don't have any songs in the setlist (especially anything from SSOASS and SIT), but surely they must make some room to add other and new songs, so due to limitations some album aren't presented at all.
Not that I don't agree, but let's not forget that songs from SIT are not high in the band's priority list (sadly) and ME tour was a long representation of SSOASS. I still think they easily could have played one more song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back