which Maiden song that hasn't been played live yet would you like a live version of?

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
absolutely Deja-Vu for me.
I imagine it must be a KILLER MOMENT seeing Bruce with one foot on the monitor while yelling the FEELS LIKE I'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE part to the crowd :edmetal:

Top one is Judas Be My Guide. Maiden's most hidden gem, it should've been a single, should've been played live on multiple tours. It's got it all, an awesome atmospheric intro, great sing-along chorus and doesn't take up too much set time.

The Thin Line Between Love and Hate and The Duellists are close runners up. The instrumental section of the latter would be absolutely awesome with three guitarists, would've been a great addition to the Somewhere Back in Time set.

It's easy - ''Alexander The Great''

But there are more great songs I would like to see live: ''The Duellists'', ''Deja-Vu'', ''Only The Good Die Young'', ''Judas Be My Guide'', The Thin Line Between Love And Hate'', ''Starblind'', ''Shadows Of The Valley'' and ''Empire Of The Clouds''.

Last edited:
I would really like to know about tracks that almost made it to their setlist but in the end then failed. any info on that anybody?
If I'm not mistaken:

''Prodigal Son'' - was rehearsed for the 2005 tour.
''Heaven Can Wait'' - during TBOS tour.
''Alexander The Great'' - was rehearsed in 1986, according to Nicko.
''Infinite Dreams'' - was in the original setlist for ME tour.
''The Fugitive'' - during FOTD tour in Donington '92, info is from Steve.
''Brave New World'' - during TBOS tour.

And what about ''Tailgunner'' and ''Be Quick Or Be Dead'' - both songs are in the Ed Hunter compilation which was chosen by the fans and the band only played songs which were featured in it during the 1999 tour.

If I'm not mistaken:

''Prodigal Son'' - was rehearsed for the 2005 tour.
''Heaven Can Wait'' - during TBOS tour.
''Alexander The Great'' - was rehearsed in 1986, according to Nicko.
''Infinite Dreams'' - was in the original setlist for ME tour.
''The Fugitive'' - during FOTD tour in Donington '92, info is from Steve.
''Brave New World'' - during TBOS tour.

And what about ''Tailgunner'' and ''Be Quick Or Be Dead'' - both songs are in the Ed Hunter compilation which was chosen by the fans and the band only played songs which were featured in it during the 1999 tour.
Prodigal Son would have been a KILLER THING. source to that info???

I would really like to know about tracks that almost made it to their setlist but in the end then failed. any info on that anybody?
I’m curious about this too. I’m sure it’s been confirmed that they rehearsed infinite dreams and still life for the Maiden England tour 2 but they were dropped and replaced. I’d love to know why.

The only reason for songs being chosen or dropped should be based around Bruce’s voice, ie what he can or can’t handle as his voice ages. The rest of the guys should be at a standard where they should be able to play anything from their catalogue. Even a song so old they have to relearn it still shouldn’t be a problem.

Infinite Dreams is a genuine mystery since it even ended up on the lighting rig's cue list alongside HBTN so it must've been a really last-minute cut. Since ATSS was its replacement and the current lineup had never played that song before I suspect something must've come up in rehearsals but they only made the decision right before the set was finalized. Nicko recently played it with his band and commented that he likes it, so I doubt it was something as simple as "we didn't like how it sounded".

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, To Tame a Land, Total Eclipse, Sea of Madness, Only the Good Die Young.

Oh yeah to actually answer the thread's question out of ones they feasibly could do anymore, Only the Good Die Young. It's a great track and it's a shame they never did it live. I'm hoping Steve wasn't totally bullshitting when he mentioned liking it and possibly maybe wanting to play it live at some point, because they could totally do it and it's not a hard song to learn either.

Back