Nicko McBrain

Aww man that's shit. I hope he feels better soon and that Adrian and Richie (and everyone else who was at the gig, assuming Nicko caught it there) are all safe!

Hear, hear!

I would not be surprised if a large number of people attending the London gig caught Covid-19 there.

I do not know that guy.
An interview of his was linked in the LoTB Post-Pandemic leg thread and discussed by a fair few users about whether Steve was anti-vaxx a couple of months ago. Apart from that I haven't come across any 'well informed sources' saying this about Steve, other than this Stjepan character who has barely any relationship with the band, I'm led to believe.

I understand the speculation (The Darkness tour that was supposed to have happened a few months ago) but that's all it is until anything is made official.

Just found this old pic: https://m.facebook.com/groups/1521330748170399/permalink/2607642049539258/ Apparently, Nicko did a drum clinic att JB's in Dudley at a fan club event and then Blaze joined in and performed Man on the Edge with him and a tribute band. This was around 20 years ago. Blaze also has a Silicon Messiah hat on his head, so the pic is definitely from around that time.
Anyone on this forum who knows something more about this?

Last edited:
Some footage of Nicko's first (out of 4) warm-up gig before LOTB tour:

Nicko about ''Alexander The Great'' -> 18:06-20:48
- half of the band are ready to play it. He thinks they may do it on the Senjutsu tour.

He also mentioned that Maiden will play shows in Curitiba and Sao Paulo this year (not yet announced).

Setlist:
Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Number Of The Beast
Infinite Dreams
Stranger In A Strange Land
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Wrathchild
The Trooper
The Evil That Men Do
Iron Maiden
Fear Of The Dark
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills

Thanks for posting this Kalata! Very cool that he plays and says all this.

Nicko about ''Alexander The Great'' -> 18:06-20:48
- half of the band are ready to play it. He thinks they may do it on the Senjutsu tour.
Nicko, Janick and Dave. :--)

Full song:

Ah, so Nicko is playing SIASL?

Well... I think it might make an appearance this year with Maiden.
I thought so too. I think they will make at least one change (apart from the new songs) in the classics... the setlist was the same for both legs so far. If I have to guess, I think SIASL will be in the encores, replacing TETMD.

Btw, about ATG: if they play the whole album during the album tour next year, I don't think there will be much space in the setlist for a 8 minutes long deep cut, especially with FOTD and HBTN in the setlist.

Back