European Politics

Full scale invasion. Putin ranting about ‘denazifying’ Ukraine. He’s lost his goddamn mind.
Not really, that's the narrative he's trying to sell - that Ukraine is run by neo-Nazis. It's the excuse he uses domestically to justify the war. That, and that Ukraine's not a real country.

But what is he trying to achieve with this invasion? Force a regime change in Kyiv? I find it hard to believe that they will try to occupy all of Ukraine and later annex it into Russia. But their international relation will probably suffer equally much in both cases, so ...

They have already crossed a line where the West will have nothing to do with Putin for some time, even without occupation or annexation. And we've already noticed that China don't care, so Russian trade with them is not going to suffer.

I find it hard to believe that they will try to occupy all of Ukraine and later annex it into Russia.

Honestly, I don't.
Ukraine isn't part of NATO or any other defensive alliance. Putin can get away with this, because nobody is going to dare to make war with Russia. The Russian economy is already in shambles, sanctions won't impress anyone... really, I think he feels he can do whatever he wants. And maybe he can.

Honestly, I don't.
Ukraine isn't part of NATO or any other defensive alliance. --

And that's why I wish Finland will finally learn the lesson that in the end, with our lovely neighbour, aside from thoughts and prayers, we'd probably be just as alone. So maybe joining NATO would be a good idea, assuming the door is still open for us.

But that's a worry of another day.

Today, it's Ukraine. I wish all the best for the people of Ukraine in these terrible times.

Also:

And that's why I wish Finland will finally learn the lesson that in the end, with our lovely neighbour, aside from thoughts and prayers, we'd probably be just as alone. So maybe joining NATO would be a good idea, assuming the door is still open for us.

Finland is part of the EU though, which is a greater guarantor for safety from Russia than... well, nothing at all.

Maiden, I dare You, Boycott Russia. No concerts for those russian sheeps, even if they like Your music. Ordinary russians must feel consequences in order to begin think and abandon imperial ambitions. And if anyone here will say "separate art and politics", honestly, you are ***.

Last edited:
Zelensky justed asked parliament for total mobilization.... meaning all people in a certain age are called to report, bring/take a weapon and go to the front. The furthest step this President can take. This is going to be bloody, I'm afraid. :(

EDIT: A Belgian minister said: "At the moment, Russians are not welcome here, a general visa ban for Russians should not be a taboo."

Last edited:
Zelensky justed asked parliament for total mobilization.... meaning all people in a certain age are called to report, bring/take a weapon and go to the front. The furthest step this President can take. This is going to be bloody, I'm afraid. :(

EDIT: A Belgian minister said: "At the moment, Russians are not welcome here, a general visa ban for Russians should not be a taboo."

Would be very wise and welcomed move. No holidays in Europe, if you support dictatorship.

Sad news to start the day. My thoughts are with the Ukrainian people. :(

Wow, our responses are almost identical.

Wow, our responses are almost identical.

Nice to see we share the same feelings about this.

If NATO countries sit and watch, and Putin succeeds in forcing a regime change in Kyiv, I wonder if he will try to further destabilize the Baltic countries by playing on the Russian minorities there, hoping to cause a breach of unity within NATO itself?

I'm sure Vladdy thinks these countries, too, belong in his Empire.

If NATO countries sit and watch, and Putin succeeds in forcing a regime change in Kyiv, I wonder if he will try to further destabilize the Baltic countries by playing on the Russian minorities there, hoping to cause a breach of unity within NATO itself?

I'm sure Vladdy thinks these countries, too, belong in his Empire.
If Putin succeeds, he will definitely try to.

There is a chance that Putin is seriously ill and simply doesn't care anymore. In that case, he may use a nuclear weapon. To take as many lives as possible.

Back