Is it worth joining the fanclub?

I’m pretty sure that Maiden’s official stores allow non-fan club members to buy shit. But that said, I use a combination of Amazon, eBay, and Discogs to get my Maiden collection groove on.
Yeah I can get to the store but no vinyl. Click the vinyl links on the discography page and it takes me to a page saying I need to log in to the fan club to access that content.

Is it worth joining the fc??

no. I was in fc for ages. Still got signed photo framed, all mags, etc.

As for perks; long journeys were v difficult when I joined & haven’t got any easier since. So not as many concerts as I’d like. I did meet whole bunch of fans at my 1st & sadly only Maiden gig – including a man who threw his arm round me & mentioned he felt close to Bruce (not sure in what way) , but I never met any superfans.

There was a review of a Bruce Air trip dated on my bday, 7th June, but as I can’t physically get on plane seats – unless said singer would’ve picked me up & put me in one himself -– there was no way I could’ve managed it xx

At the moment probably no. If concerts are back on the menu next year it can be worth it. Presales and FTTB are nice perks.

The forum is shit.

The annual FC shirts are quite nice though and the FC magazines are quite good.

All in all it's not worth it at the moment.

The magazine has drastically improved since Alex Milas (ex Metal Hammer editor) took over. It reads like a professional job now instead of a fanzine. The annual t-shirt is nice. Aside from that there's not much benefit since there's no gigs happening.

The store is shit and their seller Music Glue are piss poor (massive delays/stuff not turning up etc). It's also more expensive compared to buying from a normal online retailer. There's not much in the way of FC discounts either.

I've never used the official forum.

On the plus side the subscription isn't expensive.

My sub just went out couple weeks ago, not sure if I will get it running back. Might as well keep little holidays as there's no gigs soon.
Well I joined the fc in the mid-2000's and it's been nice, all the competitions and FTTB etc. it's good to support Maiden by using their own shop etc.
The mags have indeed gotten better with now Alex on board.

Today's announcement about the concert in Budapest made me think about joining the fan club for the first time. Mainly because of the FTTB. My problem is that I really dislike the 2021 FC shirt. Honestly it just looks low quality. I have checked the FC shirts from the previous years and they have been all far better. Do any of you guys know when they will change the shirt? I mean it happens every year in January or later? Yeah, if I'm waiting, I will miss the presale, but that's okay, I think tickets won't be flying too fast.

Hi folks,

my first message here, I apologize if my question is too obvious (I've searched the topic)

Considering joining the Official Fan Club as I hope tickets can be bought in advance (for Belgrade, Serbia gig in 2022). I don't mind the price, but the only purpose would be buying 4 tickets for myself and the kids as I don't really care about mags or Tshirts or anything else :D

So my question would be, if anyone knows, how many tickets can be bought in advance? And is the Belgrade, Serbia gig available for the pre-sale?

Thanks,

[edit] ok - after some more search I've found the answer to my question, there is pre-sales section on the site, it is 4 tickets...

Last edited:
Hi folks,

my first message here, I apologize if my question is too obvious (I've searched the topic)

Considering joining the Official Fan Club as I hope tickets can be bought in advance (for Belgrade, Serbia gig in 2022). I don't mind the price, but the only purpose would be buying 4 tickets for myself and the kids as I don't really care about mags or Tshirts or anything else :D

So my question would be, if anyone knows, how many tickets can be bought in advance? And is the Belgrade, Serbia gig available for the pre-sale?

Thanks,

[edit] ok - after some more search I've found the answer to my question, there is pre-sales section on the site, it is 4 tickets...
As it happens a fan club newsletter was sent yesterday saying that the price is about to be dropped and that the physical magazines and free t shirt will be discontinued, although I don't think this price drop will come into effect before the upcoming presale.

As it happens a fan club newsletter was sent yesterday saying that the price is about to be dropped and that the physical magazines and free t shirt will be discontinued, although I don't think this price drop will come into effect before the upcoming presale.
Thanks!

The price drop (shock, horror, just £7) has already come into effect.

For £32 you would get 3 mags per year, a renewal T-shirt, a 10% discount on FC merchandising, and the different perks associated with touring (priority access to tickets, chance to win first to the barrier).

This is what the new membership includes:

10% discount across almost everything in the shop
Access to FC exclusive merch
Access to ticket presales for Iron Maiden shows
Access to our legendary 'First to the barrier' draw to be first-in at upcoming Maiden shows
Bi-weekly Rue Morgue Email Newsletter
Regular competitions
Digital editions of the Iron Maiden Fan Club magazine

Basically what we got in the past but without printed copies of the magazines (digital versions are part of the new membership fee) or the renewal T-shirt (the current one is now being sold as an exclusive FC T-shirt for £20).

IMHO, being a member is becoming less and less worthy with each passing year.

Last edited:
In reality I believe you get 1 fanzine per year.

Incorrect. I have been a Fan Club member since 1999 and there have only been 2 years when they did not meet their promise of sending 3 magazines to the members. That would soon become 3 with 2021 seeing us only getting 2 magazines (and that is if #118 arrives before the end of the year).

I guess I became a member right before they did not meet their promise. It happened a few times, without many years in between.

I just renewed the membership and within days they dropped the price. Fuck.

I guess I became a member right before they did not meet their promise. It happened a few times, without many years in between.

I just renewed the membership and within days they dropped the price. Fuck.

It has happened 3 times since 1999. Once in the early 00s (2002?), in 2014 and now in 2021.

Anyway, it is three times too many.

Not sure about this. £7 is a lot more affordable, but the printed mags felt quite collectable, even if featuring too much about personalities associated with Maiden and too much nostalgia.

It's the cost of a t-shirt, but to me the mags were the main reason to be a member. I was member from '94 to 2005 or so. When they included the board into the membership I left.

:facepalm:

Not really worthwhile then

I think this time round I will probably renew my membership in February so I can have priority access to ticket sales for a rumoured November/December UK tour, but I agree being a member is becoming less and less worth the money it costs.

Last edited:
Back