Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think will happen, as it really now seems to be the case, that Covid-19 numbers are still so high at the moment?
It was brieftly fine because were weren't needed to wear the masks and now they're back and numbers are yet again getting higher.
And even if they have enabled COVID-passport to happenings and shows here in Finland Im still not sure if there will be Maiden live concert next summer.
Im really affraid what will happen and when will be the safe time to play live concerts? I've seen 2 shows this year (first in summer and other last month) and wore mask, it was great time and after long wait it was so exciting to witness one of my favorite artists in 2 different special locations and shows.
It brought feelings to me (couple tears) as it was so intense and great to witness. And also I told this to the artist that I spoke after the 2nd show that it was so great to finally attend live show.

If Maiden has to scrap LOTB3 in Europe again I hope conditions in NA are good enough for a tour here in 2022. Perhaps they can do that "stripped down show for the hardcore fans" that Bruce talked about.

What do you think will happen, as it really now seems to be the case, that Covid-19 numbers are still so high at the moment?

I'm not very optimistic. They might be able to play in some countries, but overall the situation won't allow a full-scale tour next summer, and I think they're going to have to postpone the tour again.

Its december now. By summer everything wil be fine, again. Covid is a new flue and will never truly go away. Its not that big of a problem. Of course things get worse during the winter. Its the winter, people are inside and ges sick. By spring its cooling down again. The shows are happening next summer and there is no doubt about it. And next summer even more people will be vaccinated and the covid passport will be around everywhere if necessary

Last edited:
Its december now. By summer everything wil be fine, again. Covid is a new flue and will never truly go away. Its not that big of a problem. Of course things get worse during the winter. Its the winter, people are inside and gets sick. By sping its cooling down again.The shows are happening next summer and there is no doubt about it. And next summer even more people will be vaccinated and the covid passport will be around everywhere if necessary

Fucking 'ell, what one has to read sometimes...

Is Harry still playing in pubs with the new variant spreading quickly?
I've heard that a guy with the new variant and without mask has been could infect hundreds of people in a Denmark concert

By summer everything wil be fine, again.
Evidence?
Covid is a new flue
Again, evidence?
Its not that big of a problem.
Are you serious?
Of course things get worse during the winter.
Covid isn't a winter bug. The highest infection rates have happened in summer months, when people are more socially active.

Do some research and by that I don't mean reading Facebook posts and YouTube videos.

Yes, he is still doing the pub tour of places with no Covid-19 measures in place.
That's really dangerous. Anyway, I've got the feeling that Steve is angry with the world or something. He didn't say a word about the album after 3 months of its release and he was almost 2 years missing.

Evidence?

Again, evidence?

Are you serious?

Covid isn't a winter bug. The highest infection rates have happened in summer months, when people are more socially active.

Do some research and by that I don't mean reading Facebook posts and YouTube videos.
I have been living my life during covid the exact same way I did before covid existed. And so has alot of people over here. So where are your evidence?

And again. Next summer more people will be vaccinated, right? Alot of people will even have gotten the third dose. And the covid passports are in order today where im at. And this past summer it was fine everywhere. I dont know where you live but ive seen alot of live sport, alot of live music, travelled alot and been out doing the same things ive always did without a single sign of any monster plague taking out halv the planet.

I never called covid a winter bug, I called it the new flue cuz covid aint going anywhere. I dident mean flue literally... Its here to stay and people gotta start living with it. Lockdowns wont solve anything.

I wanna ad that of course I see the serious problems and the things covid has effected everything. But people have different opinions and views. And imo, as stupid as some people might think it is. I think the world should open up and start to live with covid, the vaccin is working. Closing things down is not working

And to the point of the tour. I guess these news confirms there will be a tour.

Last edited:

30 SHOWS ADDED TO AN UPDATED LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2022 WORLD TOUR IN AMERICA, CANADA, MEXICO AND EUROPE!​

CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SHOW TO BE EVEN MORE SPECTACULAR WITH THE ADDITION OF A WHOLE NEW WORLD AROUND SENJUTSU​

IRON MAIDEN will return to North America and Mexico in 2022 and also take their Legacy of the Beast World Tour further East into Europe. The show has already been seen by almost two million people across the globe, being hailed by fans and media alike as the most exciting and visually spectacular performance of the band’s career to date, with a decades-spanning set list of fan favourites.

Iron Maiden manager Rod Smallwood comments,

Next summer we will finally get to play the huge European stadium and festival tour for Legacy of the Beast originally set for 2020. The new show will be even more spectacular so after our visit to Rock in Rio early September 2022 we have decided to take it back to our fans in North America and Mexico too, playing in cities or venues we did not get to last time we toured in 2019. We are also adding some of the great cities of eastern Europe we were not initially visiting!

We’ll be making a couple of additions and changes to the production and setlist to include some songs from our new album Senjutsu and are making the 2022 version of Legacy of the Beast even more spectacular than the acclaimed original show. You can be sure that we will still be featuring all the “hits” and the key elements of the original tour like the Spitfire, Icarus, Hell, flamethrowers and pyro and the rest - but we will shake it up a bit and Trooper Eddie will have serious competition in the new Senjutsu ‘world’ we are adding.

Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson adds,

“I’m really excited about the new additions to the stage production and we can’t wait for everyone to see what we’ve got planned. The whole band has really enjoyed the Legacy tour and now we just can’t wait get back out on the road to play live, have fun and see everyone again.”

The Legacy of the Beast tour production and set list is inspired by Maiden’s award-winning free to play mobile game of the same name which is available on iOS and Android platforms.

THE NEW DATES ARE:​

May 2022
22 Zagreb, CROATIA – Arena Zagreb (Lord of the Lost)
24 Belgrade, SERBIA – Stark Arena (Lord of the Lost)
26 Bucharest, ROMANIA – Romexpo Open Air (Lord of the Lost)
29 Kyiv, UKRAINE – VDNG (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)

July 2022
13 Sofia, BULGARIA – Arena Armeec (Lord of the Lost)
16 Athens, GREECE – Olympic Stadium (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)

September 2022
07 Mexico City, MEXICO – Foro Sol (Special Guests to be announced)
11 El Paso, TX, USA – Don Haskins Center (Trivium)
13 Austin, TX, USA – Moody Center (Trivium)
15 Tulsa, OK, USA – BOK Center (Trivium)
17 Denver, CO, USA – Ball Arena (Trivium)
19 Salt Lake City, UT, USA – USANA Amphitheatre (Trivium)
21 Anaheim, CA, USA – Honda Center (Trivium)
25 Chula Vista, CA, USA – North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre (Trivium)
27 Concord, CA, USA – Concord Pavilion (Trivium)
29 Seattle, WA, USA – Climate Pledge Arena (Trivium)
30 Spokane, WA, USA – Spokane Arena (Trivium)

October 2022
03 Sioux Falls, SD, USA – Denny Sanford Premier Center (Within Temptation)
05 Chicago, IL, USA – United Center (Within Temptation)
07 Columbus, OH, USA – Nationwide Arena (Within Temptation)
09 Detroit, MI, USA – Little Caesars Arena (Within Temptation)
11 Toronto, ON, CANADA – Scotiabank Centre (Within Temptation)
12 Hamilton, ON, CANADA – FirstOntario Centre (Within Temptation)
15 Ottawa, ON, CANADA – Canadian Tire Centre (Within Temptation)
17 Worcester, MA, USA – DCU Center (Within Temptation)
19 Belmont Park, NY, USA – UBS Arena (Within Temptation)
21 Newark, NJ, USA – Prudential Center (Within Temptation)
23 Washington, DC, USA – Capital One Arena (Within Temptation)
25 Greensboro, NC, USA – Greensboro Coliseum (Within Temptation)
27 Tampa, FL, USA – Amalie Arena (Within Temptation)

Fan Club presales for shows in Europe and Mexico take place on Friday 3rd, and for the US & Canada shows on Tuesday 7th - more info will be added here.

Ticketmaster Verified Fan presale for the US & Canada shows will be on Wednesday 8th - register here.

Tickets go on general sale:

Greece - Saturday December 4
Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine, Bulgaria - Monday December 6
Mexico - Wednesday December 8
US & Canada - Friday December 10

Great to hear that there will be a Senjutsu chunk added to the set and feeling more than a little jealous of those who get Trivium supporting, not least as their own UK tour recently got postponed to 2023!

This will be like an Ed Hunter 2.0 set with 2 or 3 new songs added, and I think it will work fine.

Ed Hunter Eddie came out during Futureal in 1999, this time one of the new songs will have a Samurai Eddie instead.

Last edited:
They will add a Senjutsu world. So maybe three, four songs off the new album? And then a world tour for 2023 where they play the whole album.

They will add a Senjutsu world. So maybe three, four songs off the new album? And then a world tour for 2023 where they play the whole album.
Based on the songs that Bruce has thrown into the mix in interviews I am expecting the title track, Stratego and Writing on the Wall this time around.

Perhaps this could be turned to more Senjutsu oriented tour, but I would like it to be fully supporting the new album instead of being still basis of LOTB.

Absolutely fantastic tour poster.
I agree. The new Senjutsu world means 3-4 songs from the new album. My guess is: TWOTW, Stratego, Senjutsu and one of Steve's epics.

And yes, the proper Senjutsu tour will be in 2023 (can't wait for the stage production). I'm not sure if they will play the whole album live, but there is a big chance for that for sure... (the small scale tour mentioned by Bruce).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back