Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozzy postponed his tour...again....""Due to the ongoing uncertainty with full capacity events and travel logistics in much of Europe, we have come to the difficult decision to postpone my 2022 tour to 2023. "

Wondering if it's just this or is the real reason Ozzy's health. If it is still bad in Europe will Maiden have to postpone? If so, might we see a NA tour in 2022 instead?
Im betting on Ozzys health. But then again, Ozzys dates was early in the year. Maiden in the summer shouldent be a problem.

Wondering if it's just this or is the real reason Ozzy's health. If it is still bad in Europe will Maiden have to postpone? If so, might we see a NA tour in 2022 instead?
Epica and Nightwish also postponed their European dates for late 2022

Ozzy postponed his tour...again....""Due to the ongoing uncertainty with full capacity events and travel logistics in much of Europe, we have come to the difficult decision to postpone my 2022 tour to 2023. "

I honestly think Ozzy's already played his last gig.

It’s gotta be Ozzy’s health imo. I doubt that tour will ever happen. It was a long shot in 2019.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's genuinely because of covid cases and the likelihood of much stronger restrictions

The uncertainty does not help but the closest thing to Ozzy I can see touring in the future is a virtual hologram.

Dio set the precedence that you can go on tour with a hologram, and the Osbournes like money even more than Wendy Dio, so I absolutely believe this will happen.

If he does go out again, I think he's going to have a lot of 'help' in the performance department with tapes and all that.

He's had someone doing back up vocals for him backstage for ages. It is even mentioned here:

Dio never had any say in it though. I find the whole idea tasteless and repulsive.

Hey, I'm on record on this board saying how much I hate it.

Funny thing though, I don't think imagining Sharon telling Ozzy that when he's dead they're gonna have a hologram of him onstage is any less creepy.

The tour will never happen. Sharon won't cancel it because she's collecting interest on all those nonrefundable tickets. I feel sorry for Priest who are seemingly shackled to that contract and therefore are unable to do their own headline tour in the UK as a result aside from a couple of festival appearances.

Ozzy clearly can't perform anymore and even if he died Sharon would just replace him with a hologram to retain the ticket money

He's had someone doing back up vocals for him backstage for ages. It is even mentioned here:

Yeah it's been an open secret for years. You can hear the backing singer on bootleg recordings.

Yeah it's been an open secret for years. You can hear the backing singer on bootleg recordings.

Very clear to hear it when I saw him in c.2006, but sounded like it had been abandoned by the Sabbath gigs a few years ago and the solo show in 2018.

o_O I'm stunned. It's not like his vocal duties were really difficult to perform. Considering he is recording on a regular basis, I thought he was fit again. Seeing (on the Internet) Phil Collins performing on a chair was painful enough, and I don't want to see Ozzy in such a state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back