Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thinking.

BTW you Greek?

No, German. My user title and signature come from my pride of having learned some ancient Greek recently, my general hybris and an overall Hellenophile sentiment. My superstition against jinxing is the influence of my girlfriend who is from the Balkans.

No, German. My user title and signature come from my pride of having learned some ancient Greek recently, my general hybris and an overall Hellenophile sentiment. My superstition against jinxing is the influence of my girlfriend who is from the Balkans.
Yep, we can be quite supersticious in the Balkans. Stems from being quite religious. One of the things I don't like about my country.

Yep, we can be quite supersticious in the Balkans. Stems from being quite religious. One of the things I don't like about my country.

I was in Crete in the summer and saw a small, uninhabited island off the shore with a tiny chapel on it. I joked then that as soon as there's a rock sticking out the water the Greeks will put an altar on it. Then later I was on a bus through the countryside and an elderly lady kept crossing herself whenever she saw a church or a roadside altar, and needless to say that happened a lot.
I take it as a quirk, but I can understand how it can get annoying, having lived in a relatively religious countryside myself for far too long.

LOL, so true. We probably have the most churches/altars per person in the world. BTW last time Maiden were in Greece the church made a big fuss about it. They connected a wild fire that killed about 100 people with the gig. Made it look like it was punishment for supporting the "devil's music". But my main issue is that Greeks use the church as an excuse and/or alibi to be close minded, conservative and generally dismiss anything progressive.

BTW did you enjoy your time at the Greek Texas?

BTW did you enjoy your time at the Greek Texas?

I loved it. Usually we go for holiday in the north, around Chalkidiki or Kavala. I've always wanted to go to Crete and I wasn't let down one bit. Great beaches, great food, great people and most importantly for me, worth going for Knossos and Phaistos alone.

I loved it. Usually we go for holiday in the north, around Chalkidiki or Kavala. I've always wanted to go to Crete and I wasn't let down one bit. Great beaches, great food, great people and most importantly for me, worth going for Knossos and Phaistos alone.

That I second. Knossos and Faistos are pretty awesome. I would dispute the great people part, but I agree on the rest.

That I second. Knossos and Faistos are pretty awesome. I would dispute the great people part, but I agree on the rest.

I found everyone there to be very friendly and helpful. Admittedly, I noticed a few smiles look a bit less genuine after I told people I'm from Germany, but I can't really say I blame them.

A friend of mine has a Cretan girlfriend, and yeah, I've heard the thing about guns before. :D

Ozzy postponed his tour...again....""Due to the ongoing uncertainty with full capacity events and travel logistics in much of Europe, we have come to the difficult decision to postpone my 2022 tour to 2023. "

Wondering if it's just this or is the real reason Ozzy's health. If it is still bad in Europe will Maiden have to postpone? If so, might we see a NA tour in 2022 instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back