Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
And looking at streaming stats, not that many people bother to listen to the new album, even though it's more accessible than ever.

Please allow me to disagree with this, on the one streaming platform I know, Spotify each song on the album has a minimum of 2 million streams just a month and a half after its release. No, these aren't Drake figures, but Maiden have never, ever been on that level no matter what some fans believe.

Of course a rather large group of people bought physical copies & and streamed Senjutsu, but I'm talking 'bout the larger crowd that elevates Maiden towards football stadiums in Europe & ice hockey arenas in North America, and they don't give a damn about the new album. They want the band to play classics!

Last edited:
Of course a rather large group of people bought physical copies & and streamed Senjutsu, but I'm talking 'bout the larger crowd that elevates Maiden towards football stadiums in Europe & ice hockey arenas in North America, and they don't give a damn about the new album. They want the band to play classics!
If you look at USA, Maiden played to more people on their TBOS tour than ever before, so they definitely do give a damn about the new album. Or they don't give a damn at all, as long as it's Maiden.

I could believe they will play 2022 concerts as LOTB Tour with some tracks from Senjutsu album. As we know the albums today sell much less than even few years ago. In last two years Pearl Jam, Greta Van Fleet, Foo Fighters and even AC/DC have sold a way less copies than they achieved in former years. So same was with Senjutsu, generally chart positions were good but definietly global sales aren't even close to TBOS from 2015. If your not rap or pop star making tens of millions streamings every month there's no way to achieve a lot in terms of sales. I bet Maiden management perfectly realize this kind of situation and the brand new album isn't a proper way to make a good money and sell good portion of copies nowadays especially for traditional heavy metal band with 46 years in existence.

I'm almost sure they do tour dates as we discussed a few pages back - to recreate Asian/Australian dates, European treck with some additional countries as Russia, Hungary and Croatia and do both Americas next. Personally I doubt they do separate tour dedicated to brand new album so this would be a little weird after a year and a half since album release date. Maybe some intimate shows in selected countries in UK, Europe, some in the States. I don't think legions of fans would pack the arenas and stadiums just to hear album from 2021 in its entirety, especially in 2023. So maybe they plan to do some intimate and short tour, who knows...

Personally I doubt they do separate tour dedicated to brand new album so this would be a little weird after a year and a half since album release date.
This will never happen. Each album has its own tour. Yes, it's weird to tour the album after 2 years, but this is their decision - plus Bruce talked about crazy stage ideas for it, Adrian said that with the Samurai Eddie the stage could look really cool and Nicko also said that he already started thinking about his drum kit for the tour.

This will never happen. Each album has its own tour. Yes, it's weird to tour the album after 2 years, but this is their decision - plus Bruce talked about crazy stage ideas for it, Adrian said that with the Samurai Eddie the stage could look really cool and Nicko also said that he already started thinking about his drum kit for the tour.
So we will see but I don't think it would be a big tour. Probably 50 - 60 dates in arenas as Bruce's said "for hard core fans".

So we will see but I don't think it would be a big tour. Probably 50 - 60 dates in arenas as Bruce's said "for hard core fans".
He suggested this scenario if they play the whole album live, or I remembered wrong? I would love to hear the whole album live, but at the same time I also really like the setlist to be mixed with old classics.

Btw, the last time when they toured only 1 year for an album was in 1998 (VXI album). It would be strange a strong album like Senjutsu to not have 2 years of touring... but with the extension of LOTB this seems more likely, unfortunately.

The time will tell, the thing is COVID danger. I will be happy if hey do European and maybe American dates next year. Who knows about Australia and Asia. Who knows what kind of situation we will see.

That's a pretty big tour. In fact, it's a huge tour.

Looks like that rumored Greek date is happening at July 16th, Officially, unofficially confirmed from the organizers. I think Maiden will announce the remaining European Legacy of the beast dates in the next few days.

Looks like that rumored Greek date is happening at July 16th, Officially, unofficially confirmed from the organizers. I think Maiden will announce the remaining European Legacy of the beast dates in the next few days.
I think after the 1 November or so... Russia, Hungary, Croatia and Greece.

Every time somebody posts in this thread, my heart skips a beat hoping that rest of European gigs are confirmed.

Considering rumors, it kind of makes sense, except the detail that they won't stop.
So June and July is Europe, officially confirmed.
Nicko mentioned in that video that they might be in USA little earlier which makes that March/April period plausible.
Brazil is early September and let's say they add those South American dates after Rock in Rio.
I believe they are keeping May and August tour-free, not only because schedule would be hectic for a 60-year old's but also because of possible cancellations. I see that numerous big tours that are currently on had these gaps in announcement. Now, when some band members turned positive are had to go to isolation, they just filled those gaps. I believe Maiden are counting on it also.

And I have no problem with LOTB setlist. It's like a pizza. When it's hot - it's good. When it's reheated - it's still good. Did somebody ever offered you a slice and you went: "No, thank you, I had a same slice of pizza in July 2018."
Oh, and hearing "Stratego" live? Pizza with a BBQ sauce on it.

Every time somebody posts in this thread, my heart skips a beat hoping that rest of European gigs are confirmed.

Considering rumors, it kind of makes sense, except the detail that they won't stop.
So June and July is Europe, officially confirmed.
Nicko mentioned in that video that they might be in USA little earlier which makes that March/April period plausible.
Brazil is early September and let's say they add those South American dates after Rock in Rio.
I believe they are keeping May and August tour-free, not only because schedule would be hectic for a 60-year old's but also because of possible cancellations. I see that numerous big tours that are currently on had these gaps in announcement. Now, when some band members turned positive are had to go to isolation, they just filled those gaps. I believe Maiden are counting on it also.

And I have no problem with LOTB setlist. It's like a pizza. When it's hot - it's good. When it's reheated - it's still good. Did somebody ever offered you a slice and you went: "No, thank you, I had a same slice of pizza in July 2018."
Oh, and hearing "Stratego" live? Pizza with a BBQ sauce on it.
Probably you may be right but once again - all is about ticket sales and Senjutsu album sales. As we can see the new dates announced for Swiss, Netherlands and Frankfurt are bad in terms of sales, especially Frankfurt. And there's no guarantee the tours will be back next years, COVID is still very active and now the fourth wave is growing again. Next thing is Senjutsu, I don't understand how could they promote new album in 2023 - 18 months after its release. Album sales are definietly not impressive even after 7 since the release date. People are not interested with this album so much - you could imagine how things work in 2023 when IM are going to promote this one with a proper album - related tour.

Probably you may be right but once again - all is about ticket sales and Senjutsu album sales. As we can see the new dates announced for Swiss, Netherlands and Frankfurt are bad in terms of sales, especially Frankfurt. And there's no guarantee the tours will be back next years, COVID is still very active and now the fourth wave is growing again. Next thing is Senjutsu, I don't understand how could they promote new album in 2023 - 18 months after its release. Album sales are definietly not impressive even after 7 since the release date. People are not interested with this album so much - you could imagine how things work in 2023 when IM are going to promote this one with a proper album - related tour.
Some really valid points. I'm starting to think it's possible they'll mingle a handful of Senjutsu songs on the 2022 LOTB tour (since the majority of them fit accurately the 3 themes), add some backdrop scenarios with Senjutsu's several artworks and call it a day.

Some really valid points. I'm starting to think it's possible they'll mingle a handful of Senjutsu songs on the 2022 LOTB tour (since the majority of them fit accurately the 3 themes), add some backdrop scenarios with Senjutsu's several artworks and call it a day.
Adrian mentioned in the interview for Rock Axis there's special stage set for Senjutsu album but - once again, they may use some backdrops and elements related to Senjutsu album during LOTB Tour 2022 and that's all. But (still) if Harris will be so stubborn with his anti-vax attitude we would kiss the 2022 tour dates goodbye and probably Iron Maiden decide to split up.

Adrian mentioned in the interview for Rock Axis there's special stage set for Senjutsu album but - once again, they may use some backdrops and elements related to Senjutsu album during LOTB Tour 2022 and that's all. But (still) if Harris will be so stubborn with his anti-vax attitude we would kiss the 2022 tour dates goodbye and probably Iron Maiden decide to split up.
There is a great degree of extrapolation between British Lion pulling out of a support slot due to covid protocols and Steve splitting up the band due to not wanting the covid vaccine.

Unless there is some more solid evidence in favour of this idea, saying things like this is just hyperbolic doom mongering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back