Steve Harris

There is evidence that someone in the British Lion camp must be unvaccinated as the sticking point is that they would have to be vaccinated to play the gig.

Not Britain, England. There are tougher restrictions in Scotland including Covid passports.
Oh, the joys of having Chief Mammy Sturgeon in charge. Considering her authoritarian, killjoy tendencies, it's a miracle that any music venues in North Britain are open at all. She'll probably close 'em down again when her drone MSPs vote for the emergency powers of the Coronavirus Act (Scotland) 2020 to be made permanent.

As for Steve or another member of BL not being vaccinated, I still don't see the evidence, only supposition. Is there something other than the statements from BL and The Darkness that reveals this? Actually, I'm not interested. I can't wait to see The Darkness in Dec. The Hawkins Brothers are true guitar heroes and, tbh, Massive Wagons are a better fit as the support band.

I don't think that includes Steve. Steve isn't Bruce's inner circle. I don't think anyone in Maiden is, he is probably talking about family members and close friends.
He definitely does say "everyone I know" though - and he's smart enough to realise that by inference that includes all his band mates at least. Possibly all the Krew as well. But even if he did just mean his close friends, why would anyone assume Steve was excluded?

Of course I don't know for sure, but I doubt Bruce and Steve keep in touch when Maiden aren't working on something.
As someone noted before it is logical that if Maiden had intended to tour this year they would all have to be vaxxed to travel internationally. I would like for more facts to come out before we condemn Steve as anti-vaxx.

As someone noted before it is logical that if Maiden had intended to tour this year they would all have to be vaxxed to travel internationally. I would like for more facts to come out before we condemn Steve as anti-vaxx.
Just to be clear I never said Steve is anti-vax.

Oh, the joys of having Chief Mammy Sturgeon in charge. Considering her authoritarian, killjoy tendencies, it's a miracle that any music venues in North Britain are open at all. She'll probably close 'em down again when her drone MSPs vote for the emergency powers of the Coronavirus Act (Scotland) 2020 to be made permanent.
Lol, got triggered there didn't you?

Perhaps if you spent less time spouting Yoon bile and faced reality you'd see that the stricter measures are working here and far more effective in combating the virus than Boris' laissez faire approach. Our infection numbers are far lower and the measures have saved thousands of lives.

If the idea of wearing a piece of cloth over your face or having to show proof of vaccination for a bit longer than our southern neighbours gets you foaming at the mouth and feeling like Wee Nikki is oppressing you I'd advise go get a bit of fresh air. Maybe climb a Munro or two. Discover your inner Scot.

And for the record, as a gigging musician I can confirm that the live music scene is thriving in Scotland despite the extra measures. That's because most grown-up people here stick to the rules and don't complain like big babies. Or make offensive insults. North Britain indeed.

Tsk.

Whether or not he meant to include Steve in "everybody I know" or not is irrelevant; even if he was a staunch anti-vaxxer it's not something that would be publicly divulged under any circumstances. In fact, Bruce would most likely lie about it if asked. Arguing over his statement is pointless since it doesn't prove anything either way.

Steve is a gentleman with his behavior and careful with the public exposure. I like his songs and from what I can see, his stance in life. Thus I don’t mind him being an antivaxxer, other than it will affect big time the LOTB. What does make me worry though, is the mingling of BL and LOTB tours, see below picture.
He will lose some fitness, focus & maybe leadership points in his band, while Maiden will lose flexibility for additional shows. Plus the additional risk he puts him through with non band related activities.
I'm wondering, what kind of message this gives to his bandmates, management & fans? And, would he tolerate such shadow concerts from Bruce or Adrian?
It is a weird decision and I believe, quite an un-Steve thing to do.

calend.png

British Lion would never have booked concerts on days Maiden have potential gigs. It's not an issue at all.

I'm sorry to hear that - I really hope everything settles down for you soon.
Has the number of cases gone through the roof or is it just a case of being sensible?
First, I fully support the vaccination and mask mandates, even in concert and sporting environnents. While we are in the "fourth wave", it levelled off on its own due to mask mandates and the government has done a good job moving off restrictions slowly. The next step will be moving to indoor venues at 100%, but masks and vaccines still required.

Combined with the ability to vaccinate kids by end of October, we should be able to get to the 85%+ promised land in Ontario by the spring, which should mean the end of these mandates.

And I'm just fine with that. We have not as few dead as Australia and NZ, but have fated much better than many other countries because we have taken sensible precautions. Had our governments been more reactive last spring and summer, it would have worked even better.

But if things hover where they are now, it's very manageable, less impactful than a bad flu season on our hospital structure.

Back