NOW PLAYING

Oh great. Have no idea as to who the Brian Jonestown Massacre are, but it is yet another band whose music I will have to check out:) That's what I like about this thread:) Being exposed to artists that I haven't heard of(or artists I have heard of, but didn't know their deeper tracks) before:)
They’re an incredible psych band who have gone from aping British Invasion style rock n roll, through to Sgt.Pepper like masquerades, droning shoegaze and everything in between. Allow me to bombard you with some choice cuts

Tital track from ‘Take it from the Man’

Probably their best known track, the hypnotic anemone

Like the Stones at their most psychedelic

And something droney

And I’ve barely scratched the surface. They put out multiple albums a year, have endured a revolving cast of musicians for decades who have all headed off and created their own successful psych bands like The Warlocks and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. There’s also a very good documentary called ‘Dig!’ about BJM and their relationship with the Dandy Warhol’s during some pivotal years in both bands lives. And though the narrative is a slight construct and seven years is made to feel like 2 , it’s a great watch and introduction to both.
Anyway that’s enough of my mouthwords for now

PORTADA%20LEIZE%20-%20web.jpg

Leize - Leize (2021)

They’re an incredible psych band who have gone from aping British Invasion style rock n roll, through to Sgt.Pepper like masquerades, droning shoegaze and everything in between. Allow me to bombard you with some choice cuts

Tital track from ‘Take it from the Man’

Probably their best known track, the hypnotic anemone

Like the Stones at their most psychedelic

And something droney

And I’ve barely scratched the surface. They put out multiple albums a year, have endured a revolving cast of musicians for decades who have all headed off and created their own successful psych bands like The Warlocks and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. There’s also a very good documentary called ‘Dig!’ about BJM and their relationship with the Dandy Warhol’s during some pivotal years in both bands lives. And though the narrative is a slight construct and seven years is made to feel like 2 , it’s a great watch and introduction to both.
Anyway that’s enough of my mouthwords for now
Yeah, I checked them out. Like what you posted. Definitely hear the British Invasion influence. Will check out "Dig!". Also want to check out the Peter Jackson doc on The Beatles called "Get Back". Apparently it will be available on Disney+. Disney+? Wtf?! Who has that?!

Yeah, I checked them out. Like what you posted. Definitely hear the British Invasion influence. Will check out "Dig!". Also want to check out the Peter Jackson doc on The Beatles called "Get Back". Apparently it will be available on Disney+. Disney+? Wtf?! Who has that?!

Well I do but that’s because I have 2 tiny children but I’m pleased there’s something else I can watch on it apart from Marvel and Star Wars.
But I didn’t know about the Peter Jackson doc so I’ll definitely check it out. His World War One documentary was phenomenal

Well I do but that’s because I have 2 tiny children but I’m pleased there’s something else I can watch on it apart from Marvel and Star Wars.
But I didn’t know about the Peter Jackson doc so I’ll definitely check it out. His World War One documentary was phenomenal
Ah. To entertain my 2 young nieces I just search for movies on Peacock. They love Godzilla, Harry Potter,Marvel,DC and Star Wars:) I saw the WW1 film, They Shall Not Grow Old and I agree with you,it was phenomenal. Even the animated part near the end which I actually found to be brutal due to the brutal description of the battle taking place. "Dig!" is on youtube. Anyway, here's the trailer to Get Back:

Last edited:
Ah. To entertain my 2 young nieces I just search for movies on Peacock. I saw the WW1 film, They Shall Not Grow Old and I agree with you,it was phenomenal. Even the animated part near the end which I actually found to be brutal due to the brutal description of the battle taking place. "Dig!" is on youtube. Anyway, here's the trailer to Get Back:
That film looks perfect. I love documentaries that show the creative process and this looks like it has it in spades. The four of them are so familiar as well, in an exaggerated pop culture sense, so I expect we’ll see all sorts of different sides to them in this.

Dig! is a fun watch. Shows pretty well how musical genius and being an arsehole go hand in hand so well

Back