Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Is that one a bootleg? I can't see it on Spotify.

It's available on Youtube. I don't think he owns the rights to it which is why it isn't on Spotify. Great setlist, recorded when the original Blaze line up had imploded and he was getting the BBB lineup sorted (the drummer was the managers nephew or something like that and was pretty poor). He's clearly quite pissed off for the first half of the show, but it all comes right in the end.

It was my go to drunken watch during the first lockdown. When he does Look to the Truth you can see the lyrics really resonating with him and the struggles he'd had

It's available on Youtube. I don't think he owns the rights to it which is why it isn't on Spotify. Great setlist, recorded when the original Blaze line up had imploded and he was getting the BBB lineup sorted (the drummer was the managers nephew or something like that and was pretty poor). He's clearly quite pissed off for the first half of the show, but it all comes right in the end.

It was my go to drunken watch during the first lockdown. When he does Look to the Truth you can see the lyrics really resonating with him and the struggles he'd had
I was on this show. Amazing thing.

Something rather interesting in contrast to The Book of Souls for me - there were songs on TBoS that I really liked the first week of hearing them then they quickly fell off for me. Senjutsu there's a bunch of songs that didn't grab me at all on release but they've since really clicked with me (all of Harry's epics besides Hell on Earth, basically)

We'll see if I still hold this opinion a year from now, but I legit don't think there's a 'bad' or 'meh' song on this album.

One of my favourite parts on the album is the second verse in Days of Future Past. Adrian's playing is great and the vocal lines are really great. Cool lyrics as well.

Between the lines of sin and pain, I walk the earth now doomed again

I finally received my copy of the red vinyl edition yesterday here in México, and I just made a video of my favorite song The Parchment. To me sounds so much better than the digital downloads I had been listening.

Last edited:
See, this is why patience is a virtue.

The vinyl copies of Senjutsu have all dropped in price since pre-orders. The black vinyl is now just £32, and the red and silver vinyls are now around £50.

If you haven't ordered a vinyl copy by now then do it immediately and make sure Maiden get the #1 spot.

Back