Senjutsu charts position

Fun fact about their worldwide dominance - TBOS was #1 album in UK for a UK band, but it sold more records per capita in Croatia where purchasing power is about 1/2 of that of UK. Not even going to mention availability through piracy as we have no internet surveillance of that kind at all and 95% of people have no qualms on using MP3.

I went to buy Senjutsu on 4th in morning, because we had a streaming party on 3rd and a leak before that so there was no rush. I bought the last LP in the store and one of the last CD packs. Staff said they ordered 50 LP sets, got half of that and sold everything in a day. Who knows how many CDs sold, I didn't ask. Small shop, 20 squares in size.

Yeah we're less of a market than some city in U.S., tier 1 certification - gold - is 7.500+ articles, but in relative viewpoint it's like a record sales heyday renaissance for IM here.

In France it's a little bit different... And also is in Czech Republic... I've read a lot of really negative comments on Spark Magazine or Rock Hard France...
I'm in a lot of international groups and I see positive comments for the most part. Of course there are haters and trolls as usual, but it seems like this time they're a small minority.

Streaming is a much bigger deal in 2021 than 2015.
Yes.
Even boomer fans who clung on to their CD's in 2015 have all got themselves an Alexa or something similar now.
No.

I’m Gen X and I buy my music instead of renting it so I have a physical backup, I can rip it on my own terms, I don’t require an internet connection to listen to it, and it can’t be taken away from me on a whim. Too many horror stories of B-sides magically disappearing and original mixes being replaced by brickwalled remasters, etc., on streaming services. Buying the music also puts more money in the band’s pocket.

And no, I don’t want some device constantly listening to my every word and recording my private conversations. I don’t want or need any always-on voice assistant, and any voice controls I do use are triggered by a physical button first. And I’m sick to death of every company trying to turn shit into a subscription.

But yes, I’m obviously in the minority these days, and at some point I’ll probably be forced to accept other people’s preferred compromises.

Basically entire Europe and Latin Americas are expected as #1 whereas US will be slacking and UK could be #1 which I hope it gets to be!
I'm not sure if it will get #1 in Brazil for the first time in a long time, sadly. This year's winner of the biggest reality show here (Big Brother Brazil) was kind of a phenomenom (over 30m IG followers in less than 4 months) and she released an EP last week. Maiden was #2 in the iTunes album charts. Granted, Maiden fans surely will buy way more physical copies, but it's kind of the same situation with Drake, her songs are leading pretty heavily on streaming services. It's gonna be tight, for sure, but hope Maiden keep their #1 streak here.

But yes, I’m obviously in the minority these days, and at some point I’ll probably be forced to accept other people’s preferred compromises.
This is the point I'm making. This is why Senjutsu is selling less physical copies than TBOS. Even the guy I grew up with who got me into Maiden in the first place hasn't bought it and he's a megafan.

Well well, iTunes chart. Maiden leading over two multi-billion $ mainstream acts and a re-release of the greatest hits compilation of the arguably most popular pop band in existence.

Must say a very optimistic but I think no way Senjutsu will sold more than Drake's last album in every country in the world (almost). And generally people don't buy the physical versions of the albums anymore. I' m old school fan and this situation is not comfortable at all.
In
It might be interesting to see how the new album will do in the charts.
Accordingly to BMG, they shipped more copies than for BOS in the US.

We know that in the UK they're battling with Drake for the first spot. A guy from the FC wrote they sold 35k copies so far which, even if they're ahead of Drake, could not be that good considering BOS sold over 60k on its first week. The number could not be updated though.

Kanye West sold the equivalent to 309k copies in the US on his first week, which probably means it won't go below 150k this week, and that's more than double of what BOS sold. Drake is even bigger and he released the album on the same day as Maiden, so not a chance to get in the first two positions there.

My prediction:

#1:
Poland
Italy
Norway
Sweden
Spain
Germany
Finland
Denmark
Austria
Portugal
Switzerland
Chile

#2:
France
UK
Brazil

#3:
Canada

#4:
USA

Must say a very optimistic but I think no way Senjutsu will sold more than Drake's last album in every country in the world (almost). And generally people don't buy the physical versions of the albums anymore. I' m old school fan and this situation is not comfortable at all.
In
I kind of missed your optimism.

Still, Drake is not THAT big. He's doing great in some places, but in many others he can't beat Maiden. And since the label shipped 15% more copies than BOS they clearly think they can sell more.

Drake has an assured #1 in the US (probably he will go over 300k), in Canada and a possible one in the UK. That's it.

Back