The Time Machine

How good is The Time Machine on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
What disturbing sound? I mean 3)?

And I think 2) is just Nicko playing like not-machine, as he does

Oh yeah
You always listen to music this loud? I had to up the volume as high as it gets
Or maybe you have younger ears :D

Btw, at the same time you can hear sustain-vibrato on left (electric) guitar, with some fret noise, which is cool AF :wub:

Oh yeah
You always listen to music this loud? I had to up the volume as high as it gets
Or maybe you have younger ears :D

Btw, at the same time you can hear sustain-vibrato on left (electric) guitar, with some fret noise, which is cool AF :wub:

haha, I am just obsessed with getting the best audio quality, so I am also using different set of headphones. Now that you mention it, it might be the fret noise of the acoustic on the right side. Damn, it should be illegal for someone to enjoy an album so much!!!!!

This is not bad at all, it gets better after a few listens. It demonstrates the divercity of the album. However I can't get over 3 facts:

1) The self plagiarism
2) The tempo change on 6:00, probably due to bad pasting/aditing
3) The disturbing sound, maybe some accidental palm muting during the last seconds of the song.

Then again we had worse such cases in the past :)
The noise at the very end reminds me of a Geiger-Muller counter, maybe the song was recorded in a harsh environment :)

haha, I am just obsessed with getting the best audio quality, so I am also using different set of headphones. Now that you mention it, it might be the fret noise of the acoustic on the right side. Damn, it should be illegal for someone to enjoy an album so much!!!!!
I presume Janick plays the acoustic, I don't think he would care about such "artifacts", in fact he may have insisted to leave it in :)
Also, he accentuates the note at 6:57 a little too much, but it sounds more "live" that way

I presume Janick plays the acoustic, I don't think he would care about such "artifacts", in fact he may have insisted to leave it in :)
Also, he accentuates the note at 6:57 a little too much, but it sounds more "live" that way

Why even play live,right? They can just let the record play during their shows, lol!

Well if you expect Maiden to sound perfect and uniform in studio as that album in your avatar, ain't gonna happen :D

Well if you expect Maiden to sound perfect and uniform in studio as that album in your avatar, ain't gonna happen :D
The songs are so good (IMO) that it doesn't really bother me. They've been there, done that (SIT and SSOSS). It is kind of funny though. Senjutsu is so elaborate and thought out, while being loose (in a good way). And trust me I am not saying that to avoid being as hated in here!

I will gently again remind people - there is no such thing as "self-plagiarism". One cannot steal what one owns, and music shouldn't exist in a monolith where what came before cannot be referenced and re-used.

I will gently again remind people - there is no such thing as "self-plagiarism". One cannot steal what one owns, and music shouldn't exist in a monolith where what came before cannot be referenced and re-used.

I don't know if you've ever listened to much early rock 'n' roll just but reusing stuff is a major component, damn ever Chuck Berry song uses the exact same music every time, same with people like Fats Domino or Bo Diddly. Plus no one ever seemed to complain when Maiden used the exact same gallop-rhythm on every album in the 80's. people should learn to appreciate the music in the new, different context it's used in, for example in this song i think the archtypical Janick acoustic intro is used better on this song than most others

I agree, but, for common understanding, it is, unfortunately, applied.

The Janick acoustic intro isn’t any more self plagiarizing than starting a song with a galloping metal riff or using the E C D chord progression.

They have been using the same tricks for dozens of years now.This time though they really re-used melodies almost note for note. Just ointed it out, no big deal after all.

Maiden used the exact same gallop-rhythm on every album in the 80's
That's far less frequent than people usually believe, like 2 or 3 songs per album on classic albums. I think SIT is the main offender with 4

Yes, but what would reused parts be worth to the listener, musically? Usually nothing. It's not a reference or a callback, it's almost identical in some cases.

Back