Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Well, I believe that we have just seen the strongest Maiden album since the start of the millenium, and that's primary because some particular members didn't bring in anything like Wildest Dreams/El Dorado/Speed of Light this time.

Someone else was allowed to bring his own material instead to a full degree, and that isn't a bad thing.

Each to their own, but I think the best news is that the album does not include stinkers like No More Lies, Age of Innocence or Shadows of the Valley.

I’d say that Jan and Steve have a tendency to self-plagiarise themselves, that’s all. The Legacy of the Talisman Machine of Souls, whilst a great song, is a very good example of that.

I sort of agree and don't at the same time. It's a signature sound by now. If we are going to go into that, how many Adrian Smith riffs starts the same way? Sliding from D5 - E5 chords? Wasted Years / Paschendale / The Final Frontier / The Writing on the Wall...

I sort of agree and don't at the same time. It's a signature sound by now. If we are going to go into that, how many Adrian Smith riffs starts the same way? Sliding from D5 - E5 chords? Wasted Years / Paschendale / The Final Frontier / The Writing on the Wall...

I think you are clutching at straws there, but each to their own. :)

Reactions: Jer
So what?

Don’t get me wrong, but I find this trend of YouTube reviews from musicians from other bands quite amusing. Are they just trying to get free publicity or what?
I agree with you, There are a lot of videos of people reacting to Maiden videos, making reviews, playing covers…It's really amusing. People recording themselves in his room playing a cover… wtf??? why?

Listening the album I think Dave Murray wasn't in the Paris studio for more than one hour.
Dave's rhythm guitar work is an important part of Maiden's sound even on this album though, he is kind of underrated in that aspect. But it's true that his lead work has faded a bit.

Last edited:
The ironic thing about discussing Maiden collabs is that they are really, in essence, ALL STEVE. He chose the band members, he selects what material of theirs get recorded, and which ideas do not. He writes songs he wants to hear and also selects material from other members based on what he wants to hear. So at the end of the day, every Maiden album is a dish where the main ingredient is Steve.

It was early 2019 and Steve Harris, keyboardist of Iron Maiden, had just conjured up one of the finest choruses ever imagined to his latest masterpiece, "Hell On Earth" aiming for the send-off spot on the upcoming album. He thought to himself, "Holy balls this chorus is smoking hot and almighty, probably one of my best ones ever actually, bloody hell" and he was of course correct in this assertion.

and then he looked at the forum posts on maidenchat ridiculing him for a mistake he made over two decades ago by repeating a certain chorus 22 times

Scarred from this verbal bashing, he ended up not including a second chorus for Hell On Earth, afraid of the potential outrage that would ensue. "Better not risk that sort of internet bollocking again, proper enough last time you know", he assured himself.

So here we are; the greatest chorus the band has ever done. Played once. Hope you are happy, bullies. :innocent:

Can we just put Janick on the keys for now on?
shaking-head-keyboard.gif

People will tell you how great they think that many of the songs of Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding are because of Adrian, but if you check the album booklet, most of them are only co-written by Roy Z. :facepalm:

Hey, if Bruce had just pretended that Adrian played on Tyranny of Souls and credited him in the booklet, people would rank that album considerably higher.

Lots of people can't even distinguish if a solo is played by Smith instead of Roy Z!

When it was announced in Kerrang that Adrian had joined Bruce's band it said that 70% of AOB was done before he got involved.

Sorry if this had been posted before. Not sure of the authenticity either.

The newly released second track ‘Stratego’ recently entered the Billboard Hot Hard Rock Songs chart at number 22. Now with over 5m audio streams, the band will unleash another animated video with a national broadcast and online premiere with US network [adult swim] – the nighttime identity of Cartoon Network. The animated video was made by Swedish Director Gustaf Holtenas for Blinkink Productions and Executive Produced again by lead singer Bruce Dickinson. The video premieres on Cartoon Networks’ [adult swim] on Sunday, September 5 at 2:55am EST.

Last edited:
Back