Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I think it could be a monster of an opening track.

Actually no. You need something more energetic and with easy chorus. Writing on the Wall would be the best choice imo. I see the crowds dancing up and down while the slow intro gives them time to fix themselves

During the chorus of Darkest Hour, after Bruce sings Before the dawn the darkest hour, there seems to be some whispering but I haven't quite made out what it says, possible "just before the dawn"? Anyone hear that/figure it out yet?

Well I have to say, the album is growing. Was pretty confused and overwhelmed I think on first listen...but it really starts to unlock after 3 or 4 runs. Currently listening to first track...dear God its totally brilliant and different...Once your expectations move aside and you see the tracks as they are you can move forward in your appreciation. Too early to do the reunion rankings yet.....but still. Thank you Maiden

Actually no. You need something more energetic and with easy chorus. Writing on the Wall would be the best choice imo. I see the crowds dancing up and down while the slow intro gives them time to fix themselves

We’ll have to agree to disagree then.

The Parchment mentions "Until we read the Parthian skin"; Parthian is the an empire in Iran, I am curious if this song is intended to tell a story in that location; would also make sense with the middle eastern styled guitars throughout.

Why four songs? Didn't Bruce say one or t

Where did “4 new songs on LOTB” thing come from? Is that another thing I missed? I could see one song being played, maybe 2. If they get up to 4 I would be worried about them skipping a full Senjutsu tour
He said about one or two songs twotw,stratego i guess. But i think they gonna play only twotw. And maybe after that they will make o new tour playing half set with the new songs. And half some older ones .

They won't rebrand the tour. Confirmed by Bruce. They won't swap out the songs with big production (those are Aces, WED, Trooper, Revelations, SOTC, FOI, TNOTB, IM and RTTH). Confirmed by Bruce.

However, they will likely play 2-3 new songs next year. One of them is TWOTW and likely Senjutsu. Also confirmed by Bruce.

Where Eagles Dare doesn't have that much stage production going on, though! Obviously, there's a backdrop and Bruce's clothing, but other than that...

So I wonder if Senjutsu will eventually take WED's place; it wouldn't really change the show that much, from the perspective of production. I'm not hoping for WED to be replaced, but just a thought... I think it work rather well after Aces High with that intro and all.

Guys I have been hearing that some people are receiving the deluxe boxset without the lyrics booklet and instead two booklets for writing on the wall. Can anyone confirm that they have received everything it is supposed to contain. Quite worried about this since the only way i can have physical copy of the album is by expensive shipping.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then.

Yes of course, nothing wrong with that. Actually the only way to find is that this song does open in a few concerts and then drops out to go in the middle. It would be interesting. Has anything like that ever happened before?

I know they dropped Paschendale and as the matter of fact this is why I think Senjutsu won't be a good opener. Being an awesome song isn't enough.

On my 3rd listen through and the first on vinyl. Sounds fantastic

I like the album more every time, I was slightly disappointed yesterday as I wasn't initially blown away like i was with TBOS but it has clicked a lot with this listen. Although i should say that this time around I have gone into the album with a more critical ear, maybe that is part of being on this forum....

I have seen comments that parts of the album sound very 90s Blaze era Maiden which I completely agree with (and is fine with me!)

5 things i love (apart from nearly all the songs)
Steve still has a fantastic ear for melody
I am a sucker for an "Egyptian" sounding melody (I really should learn scale names)
Bruce sounds incredible and the use of vocal layering
the clean sections of Lost in a Lost Land
LOST IN ANGER - LIFE IN DANGERRRRR

5 Things i don't like
The shoehorned clean section before last chorus of Days of Future Past, ruins the song for me :(
Death of the Celts (intro and outro are cool though)
I have never complained about Maiden's song lengths but I felt a couple of these could have been trimmed.
Having to flip the vinyls so many times
I can't really think of a 5th one, I guess a couple of songs have transitions that feel a little jarring (but what do i know i guess, Steve is a genius)
"intro and outro" lol. It's the cancer of many of their songs

Guys I have been hearing that some people are receiving the deluxe boxset without the lyrics booklet and instead two booklets for writing on the wall. Can anyone confirm that they have received everything it is supposed to contain. Quite worried about this since the only way i can have physical copy of the album is by expensive shipping.

Yep that is a common issue, go to box.ironmaiden.com and you can order the real booklet

About which songs they will play live:

They will play for sure:
Senjutsu
Stratego
TWOTW
Hell On Earth

TWOTW and (maybe) Senjutsu during LOTB Pt. 3 - they can skip the former for the album tour. I hope the title track to debut during the album tour... it will be a great concert opener.

They most probably will play both short songs, so DOFP has a big chance.

I doubt about The Time Machine (if they play Stratego) because they usually play one Janick song for the album tours (since the reunion)... the only exception was BNW tour.

I'm not sure if they will play Darkest Hour, but I really hope so - they can put it in the encores (like Journeyman).

I expect a second Harris epic to be played too - DOTC will be a great live song, but The Parchment would be amazing (a little rest for Bruce in the middle of the set and these 6 solos have to be played live).

LIALW is a very good song, but I think it will be skipped (too much epics, I guess).

In the end, I think they will play 6/7 songs from the album during the 2 legs -> 1 song for LOTB tour (TWOTW), 5 songs for the 1st leg (without TWOTW) and 1 other new song for the 2nd leg. Btw, they also played 7 songs from TBOS album (during 2 legs).

Back