Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I think Ruflux was being ironic. I doubt theyll play Alexander. It's a great song, on Maidens second best album but it wasn't even played on Somewhere on tour.

Imagine a tour with not only Alexander, but an entire setlist of never-played-live material such as Only The Good Die Young, The Duellists etc...I'd fuckin kill to see that

Imagine a tour with not only Alexander, but an entire setlist of never-played-live material such as Only The Good Die Young, The Duellists etc...I'd fuckin kill to see that happen!
Add To Tame a Land and Nomad.

Maiden will never ever play a song that was not played on orginal tour.
Well, yes. But, then again, they could have a themed tour at some point in the future, with tracks never played before live and that would be awesome and, really, a good attraction!

Hi everybody new one here, this is my first post!

Can't wait to hear Senjutsu! That being said, I'm kinda worried about the solos.

I don't know what to make of half of them being 'ambitious', as the Metal Voice review describes them.

I'm not sure I want Morello-esque effects and even slide guitars in excess on a Maiden record, and to be honest, I'm not that crazy about their more experimental solos, like Adrian's solos in Isle of Avalon and Starblind, or Dave's solos in The Man Who Would Be King.

I'm guessing these solos are more likely to be in songs other than Steve's epics though, as he's the most old-school guy in the band, including how the solos sound in his songs.

Well, we have to wait and see, I guess!

Last edited:
Hi everybody new one here, this is my first post!

Can't wait to hear Senjutsu! That being said, I'm kinda worried about the solos.

I don't know what to make of half of them being 'ambitous', as the Metal Voice review describes them.

I'm not sure I want Morello-esque effects and even slide guitars in excess in a Maiden record, and to be honest, I'm not that crazy about their more experimental solos, like Adrian's solos in Isle of Avalon and Starblind, or Dave's solos in The Man Who Would Be King.

I'm guessing these solos are more likely to be in songs other than Steve's epics though, as he's the most old-school guy in the band, including how the solos sound in his songs.

Well, we have to wait and see, I guess!
Welcome on board. :)

The closer we get to release day, the more this particular line from a review echoes in my head:

They said that this album feels very The X Factor in some spots, and very Brave New World in other spots. They are two of my top albums from them. If this album really is a mix of the best from The X Factor and the best of Brave New World... well, I can't even begin to find words about how overwhelmingly overjoyed I'll be listening to this.

I've spent some time not listening to Stratego and Writing on the Wall for the last few days. Today I came back to them and I must say that they can easily compete with any songs released after 2000. The album will be very interesting for sure.
I'm still keeping away 'til Friday. It's an uphill battle tho....

"Dickinson has complained in an interview that he doesn't like to hear so many discussions about the presence of very long songs. Smith says that this time he even felt in the group the desire to resume shorter tracks, as in the old and well-known phase of “The Number of the Beast”.

Sir, why, You did not fulfilled your need to the fullest, and did not wrote more fast paced short rockers? :ninja:
Adrian is on the right path, but he needs some encouragement. :notworthy::D

Back