Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

From last night's review, I am also excited about the bonus track The Pa-kre-ment. Who knew Steve had a 5th epic in him.
Interviewer: "Steve, what was your motivation behind the song The Pa-kre-ment?"
Steve: "What song?"
"The Pa-kre-ment"
"We don't have a song called that."
"You do."
"Do you mean The ParCHment?"
"No, Pa-kre-ment, haven't heard The ParCHment yet."

Whatever, it was funny. I hope it will not be my favorite on the album, can't resist calling it that way.

Given past experiences, I could probably walk into the record store tomorrow and have the album.
I will try to get it today afternoon or tomorrow morning too. After all, even a retailer sells few days earlier an album that has its released date set on the 3rd of september, there's no crime, IMHO. At least, we buy it. I don't know. I'll see...

...... Album review starting at 11am eastern time today.
^ The curious bits from this review:

The reviewer's favorite songs are: the title track, Darkest Hour and Days Of Future Past.
His favorite Steve's epic is: The Parchment

He thinks Senjutsu is a 100% better album than TBOS. Great album with no fillers. Contender for the album of the year.

... one of Bruce's best vocals.

Info about the album:
- dark album.
- has a variety.
- has a lot of harmony vocals. Lots of harmonies too.
- some songs ends the same way as they started.
- a lot of the songs have 2 or 3 solos.
- slide guitar solos.
- the guitar is playing the notes Bruce is singing (a lot of that).
- no repetitive choruses.
- a lot of gallops.
- long instrumental sections.
- the production has a 80's vibe.

And now for the songs:

The title track - uptempo song. Tribal sound. Bruce and (especially) Nicko shine.

''Lost In A Lost World'' - 70's harmonies vibe, very unusual intro for the band, after the intro the song has a ''Lightning Strikes Twice'' (the verses) vibe, long instrumental section (reminiscent of SOTC) and memorable solos.

''Days Of Future Past'' - The Chemical Wedding vibe, great lyrics, it goes double time at the end and great chorus (without repetition).

''The Time Machine'' - great vocals, the whole song has a TFF album vibe, while the beginning has a ''Isle Of Avalon'' vibe.

''Darkest Hour'' - dynamic war ballad. Beautiful guitar work. It is compared to ''Wasting Love'' (again).

''Death Of The Celts'' - mid tempo, long intro (acoustic parts and vocals), great vocals, the bass is flying and lots of time changes. The middle section is 5 minutes long (has a marching vibe like ''Genghis Khan''). The song is described as ''The Clansman'' meets DOD. 2 or 3 solos.

''The Parchment'' - Powerslave... Middle Eastern/Arabic vibe. Long instrumental at the end and a hypnotic groove. The least vocals of all songs - two verses and a whole mid section. Dynamic song.

''Hell On Earth'' - slow beginning (like FOTD or WTWWB ), gallop, Bruce is singing the lead notes, very cool mid section with a lot of harmonies never heard from Maiden before and great dynamic ending. According to the reviewer this song could fit in TFF album.

The reviewer's favorite songs are: the title track, Darkest Hour and Days Of Future Past.

He thinks Senjutsu is a 100% better album than TBOS. Great album with no fillers. Contender for the album of the year.

Info about the album:
- dark album.
- has a variety.
- slide guitar solos.
- a lot of gallops.

And now for the songs:

The title track - uptempo song. Tribal sound. Bruce and (especially) Nicko shine.

''Lost In A Lost World'' - 70's harmonies vibe, very unusual intro for the band, after the intro the song has a ''Lightning Strikes Twice'' (the verses) vibe, long instrumental section (reminiscent of SOTC) and memorable solos.

''Days Of Future Past'' - The Chemical Wedding vibe, great lyrics, it goes double time at the end and great chorus (without repetition).

''The Time Machine'' - great vocals, the whole song has a TFF album vibe, while the beginning has a ''Isle Of Avalon'' vibe.

''Darkest Hour'' - dynamic war ballad. Beautiful guitar work. It is compared to ''Wasting Love'' (again).

''Death Of The Celts'' - mid tempo, long intro (acoustic parts and vocals), great vocals, the bass is flying and lots of time changes. The middle section is 5 minutes long (has a marching vibe like ''Genghis Khan''). The song is described as ''The Clansman'' meets DOD. 2 or 3 solos.

''The Parchment'' - Powerslave... Middle Eastern/Arabic vibe. Long instrumental at the end and a hypnotic groove. The least vocals of all songs - two verses and a whole mid section. Dynamic song.

''Hell On Earth'' - slow beginning (like FOTD or WTWWB ), gallop, Bruce is singing the lead notes, very cool mid section with a lot of harmonies never heard from Maiden before and great dynamic ending. According to the reviewer this song could fit in TFF album.
I can't wait until friday ! That's so hard now with all these positive reviews and descriptions !!

The title track - very dense, with the bass and drums very much in the foreground, reminiscent both in that beginning of the ''Moonchild'' and in its progression to ROTAM.

''Lost In A Lost World'' - dark chorus.

''Days Of Future Past'' - melodic song with a powerful riff. Bruce and Nicko shine.

''The Time Machine'' - Bruce's voice comes in almost reciting more than singing on a background of acoustic guitars and evolves into a theme with very strong and overloaded guitars that is gaining in intensity and speed. It is somewhat similar to SIASL.

''Darkest Hour'' - very reminiscent of ''Revelations'', with a harder central part, also hard guitars and very elaborate solos.

''Death Of The Celts'' - a magnificent composition by Steve that is very reminiscent of ''The Clansman'' in its beginning and progression, as well as in the end. A composition covered in that epic air with folk touches that grows in intensity until it ends in a 200% Iron Maiden cannon. It has amazing bass lines, the best guitar solo on the entire album, a solo that brings us evocative echoes of ''Transylvania'' and a beautiful ending, with Bruce almost reciting the last verses with a really beautiful background folk sound. A real hit, a future Maiden classic.

''The Parchment'' - well structured, magnificent solos and exotic setting.

''Hell On Earth'' - look above + great melodies.

How the fuck could this guy mis-pronounce The Parchment like that?! lol. Holy shit.
He is a English native speaker, so it beats me as well, but I guess that we all know that you sometimes can get stuck with a certain pronunciation in your head. Your brain sees or hears what it wants to. Perhaps he was thinking about pigment paper. I don't know. For years I've been pronouncing the word "accessories" incorrectly, cause in Germany it is pronounced with a French flavor and I just didn't know (being an ignorant Dane), so people were always looking strange at me. ;)

The same goes for lyrics. Eventually, people find out that they have been singing the incorrect lyrics out loud for years. :innocent:

Last edited:
Wow some of these people in the youtube chat are being real assholes to these guys. Personally very excited by their impressions of the record, I think it's going to be a further refinement of the grandiosity of TBOS with less of the bloat.
Yeah, in general, people act like assholes cause they have a shitty life. Internet provided them with a tool to be heard, but they hardly contribute with anything. Sad, when you think about it (which I won't).

For years I've been pronouncing the word "accessories" incorrectly, cause in Germany it is pronounced with a French flavor and I just didn't know (being an ignorant Dane), so people were always looking strange at me.

Yeah, that's why people laughed at me for my intuitive mispronunciation of "biscuit", even though I actually know how it's pronounced in English.

I think it goes live 12AM on every platform including YT, Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer etc
The problem is that I am in South China Sea at UTC+8, but our internet is connected to Norwegian sat.so our IP is from Norway (my YT ads are Norwegian), and they are at UTC+1, so I dont know when album will appear on my Spotify.

The problem is that I am in South China Sea at UTC+8, but our internet is connected to Norwegian sat.so our IP is from Norway (my YT ads are Norwegian), and they are at UTC+1, so I dont know when album will appear on my Spotify.
You can use a VPN client to change the country you are seen at

Info about the album:
- dark album.
- has a variety.
- slide guitar solos.
- a lot of gallops.

And now for the songs:

Is "middle section" instrumental? I hope not.

Back