New single: Stratego

It has X-Factor vibes due to the fact that it has emotion and passion, something that has been largely abscent since 2000
What? I dont hear X-Factor at all. Not saying that its a bad album but those songs where much slower and usually had a slow lullaby type intro. Also the mix much is totally different. I feel like its closer to BNW.

Other than Bruce's vocals being a bit low in the mix this is another fantastic song, this is going to be Maiden's best album in a long time I FEEL IT, *off to jam Stratego for the 10th time*

Reactions: jcv
It has a 'Paradise Lost' vibe (verses reminds me Soul Corageous'); synths give a menacing, somber mood! Terrific!!! Loved it!!!

Reactions: jcv
Hmm. More of a steady canter than a gallop, and certainly not an all out charge. Bruce low in the mix again. Janick's usual variation on Blackmore's more ragged solos. Kinda like Speed of Light, The Pilgrim, The Alchemist, etc. - elements of classic Maiden but just not as dynamic or as interesting.

Do different platforms have different mixes? On Spotify, TWOTW plays right after and is louder and more defined, it sounds like a different session or something.

It's like the opposite from last month where the Youtube version sounds the best. Am I living in some kind of bizarro world?

Song friggen rules though, which is the most important thing!

Damn. I just played this on my iMac. I withdraw all my complaints. Bruce is a little bit hard to understand at some moments BUT I had this problem since 1995 with him so that's not an issue.

Is it just me or the main riff is really heavy? It is quite noticeable at the end of the song.

Back